Swampbuck 10-Jun-14
Swampbuck 10-Jun-14
itshot 13-Jun-14
Swampbuck 15-Jun-14
itshot 21-Jun-14
Swampbuck 26-Jun-14
Florida Cracker 27-Jun-14
23-May-14
Well mows the time of year to look back and reflect on our past season. What we did and didn't do or accomplish, and what we are planning for the up coming season. What have you done or going to do. A lot has happened to me in the past year, though I didn't harvest a deer, I did take a few hogs, became a granddaddy and started some improvement around my property.

24-May-14
this year will be another attempt at several small food plots

2011, they came up thick and green and then burned off from lack of rain

2012, did more soil prep than previous year, came up nice then were flooded and useless

2013, didn't bother with it, let the natives take over, flooded most of season anyhow

also need to: maintain/move some stands, mow or till trails, check/move/replace cameras, kill a coyote or two

28-May-14
No FL buck for me this past season...several does, but did get a nice one in Ohio and came home empty from Kentucky.

Training now for Alaska in August & September.

Picked up a 3,000 acre property in Alabama...working on summer plots and improvements now.

31-May-14
PB, 3,000 acres?

Good Lord, that is awesome...best of luck with it

keep us updated on improvements

07-Jun-14

Swampbuck's embedded Photo
Food plot time

08-Jun-14
Swampbuck, nice lookin plot!

what are you gonna seed with?

10-Jun-14

That ones done with clover and chicory, did another with just chicory.

10-Jun-14

Had a new storage shed dropped off too. The old one got small real quick.

10-Jun-14

13-Jun-14
Nice!

did you have to clear those spots or were they already open?

Looks like really good sized plots

hopefully the rain this year is just right

15-Jun-14
They were open already. 1.5 acre and 1 acre plots

21-Jun-14
from the looks of the radar, your plots are getting some good rain a few times a week!

still haven't got a plan together, hopefully figure something out in next couple weeks

26-Jun-14
Itshot, toooo much water!! Had 3-4 inches of standing water on them this past weekend. They had some nice growth going but I fear the rain is drowning them. The creek on marshburn was flowing over the road, luckily no washouts. Don't misunderstand I like the rain, it keep the fire danger down, but man it's been feast or famen by us.

27-Jun-14
Same thing down South. This time last year we were flooded, but so far we haven't received anything close to the amount of rain. I planted peas this week and we got some good rain last night. It was my first time planting a plot on my place. I am interested to see how fast the deer eat them.

• Sitka Gear