gobbler 24-May-14
babysaph 24-May-14
gobbler 24-May-14
gobbler 24-May-14
gobbler 24-May-14
babysaph 25-May-14
gobbler 30-Jun-14
24-May-14
I know this is a little early but, we have been able to arrange a 4 day fully guided Wyoming antelope bowhunt in one of the top trophy areas of Wyoming. 4 days of hunting with guide, lodging, and all meals provided. Winner can bring up to 3 additional hunters at a 10% discount apiece.

Hunt will be provided by Hiland Outfitters and you can check their website out at hiland outfitters.com.

The reason I bring this up is that a couple of the units they hunt may require a point or more to draw a tag. As you know all big game is on a draw system in Wyoming. The hunt is for 1 buck and 2 doe antelope.

If someone is interested they may want to purchase a preference point this year in order to help in drawing a tag next year. As well as any friends that someone may want to take.

Preference points can be bought thru the Wyoming Game and Fish website from July thru September every year. To actually draw a tag the application has to be in by March of that year. More details will follow.

If someone purchases a preference point( which are 30.00 for antelope) and dosen't win the hunt, the points can be rolled over into the next year or used in any other unit on any other antelope hunt in WY. If someone buys a point then goes 2 years without applying for a tag or buying another point then they lose the point.

Depending on how the auction goes and how the hunt goes we hope to have this as a yearly hunt, but obviously that cannot be guaranteed.

Outfitter takes a maximum of 4 antelope hunters at a time. If someone buys the hunt the outfitter agrees to wait until hunter or hunters draw a tag as long as the hunters do their part and purchases points.

No one is under any obligation to buy a point until they actually win the hunt. The only reason I'm posting this now is if somebody wants to get a jump start on getting points this year for next year. However, they have to understand that if they don't win the hunt they may lose 30.00 if they don't continue to buy points for a future year or use the point in another unrelated hunt.

Obviously, this is a lot of information but with limited availability of tags especially in the more desirable units this is how the game has to be played.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

Thanks, greg

24-May-14
What if someone wins the hunt but doesn't get drawn?

24-May-14
As long as the winner keeps building points he will hold hunt until he is drawn.

24-May-14
I forgot to mention the regular price for this hunt is 2250.00.

I know this is a little higher than what we may have been used to in the past but things have gotten higher. This area has much better trophy potential and is fully guided and outfitted. NO OFFENSE to anyone intended but Tom Kessel is 100% fully legal and is an official guide and official Outfitter approved and registered with the Wyoming State Board of Outfitters. His outfitting area is approx. 50 miles west of Casper. Really good trout fishing is available about an hours drive away.

24-May-14
Senility is setting in.

Season opens August 15th.

25-May-14
Cool

30-Jun-14
Just a note to anybody or group that might be interested in the antelope hunt. Wyomings period to buy preference points starts July 1st thru Sept.

As an added note, Tom the outfitter told me that it was harder to draw a tag this year. Quotas in a lot of the units were cut back. What this means is that having a point this year will help but not guarantee a tag next year. However, the hunt is still valid until you draw as long as you keep applying every year.

• Sitka Gear