River hunting??
Missouri
Contributors to this thread:
hoyt0823 24-May-14
Machias 11-Jun-14
lareva 11-Jul-14
Machias 15-Jul-14
24-May-14
Was wondering about public river hunting I'm off work for the month of Nov again this year and would like to try a out of state hunt for a week and thought about maybe heading next door to your guys fine state sense it's close to home. I guess my ? is what are the regs on hunting the rivers there what's consider public and what's consider private ground if that makes sense

11-Jun-14
I drove out from Virginia last year in Nov and floated the Eleven Point River. Fantastic trout fishing and a very scenic and isolated river. It borders the Irish Wilderness. I concentrated up in the hills and figured out a little too late that I should have spent more time closer to the river. Deer numbers seemed to me to be down a bit in those areas with no agriculture. Awesome trip.

11-Jul-14
Some times this is a productive method but not a guarantee. It is fun and relaxing. However, there are two rules to remember, One: It is illegal to take or attempt to take wildlife while it is in the water. Two:; In the case of deer, You are not allowed to take or attempt to take a deer with a motor attached to the boat at that time. If you should be successful, you would be allowed to load your deer and then attach the motor in order to carry it on out to your vehicle. lareva

15-Jul-14
I don't think he was talking about hunting while on the river, I think he was talking about getting into hunting areas using the river.....at least that's the way I took it.

• Sitka Gear