HARRY CARRY 11-Jun-14
DaleHajas 12-Jun-14
HARRY CARRY 12-Jun-14
hawkeye in PA 15-Jun-14
HARRY CARRY 15-Jun-14
30-May-14

HARRY  CARRY's embedded Photo
TRUMPET FANFARE, PLEASE! At last, HERE IS YOUR OFFICIAL eFLYER for the "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" Traditional Archery Weekend, June 14-15, 2014! Peruse this info, and pass it along! If you have questions, please ask them! The crew will soon begin site preparations, after a couple of the other scheduled weekend events are finished. We may not be as big as Denton Hill or Compton's, but we pretty much know the "smile and laugh" factor is on-par! Be a part of our event: this is YOUR INVITATION!! Hope to see our "old friends and family", and maybe meet a few soon-to-be new friends! It's all up to you: we just provide the opportunity!! THANK YOU!!

30-May-14

01-Jun-14
Plans are being made. Should be a good representation of "other side of the mountain" archers.

See you soon Randy.

01-Jun-14
Planning on it!

01-Jun-14
Randy, just to clarify............

The swap table is for "used" items, right? The flyer says "unused".

I'm hoping to find some "used" arrows and other bargains. Might even bring some of my own items for the table.

02-Jun-14
Dave, GOOD CATCH; my bad choice of words.

I should have used the words "used", or "lightly used", or "no longer being used by me", or "unwanted by me" (but that sounds so cruel and anti-social), or "useless to me", or "'I want this thing gone' items", or "the items that have been sitting in the corner, feeling abandoned", or "your items that you can't make work, but someone else will, and do well with them"....

Well, you get the picture...

((Awl them thar yeers ov studeein eNglish, an I kant even proofreed gud. Sad. Truly sad. N-@ ))

As long as it is related to Traditional Archery, it can be placed on the Trade tables. New. Nearly new. Used. Over/under used. Cursed. Magical. Jinxed.

It's your choice, Dave. Just beware of the Jinxed arrows you may find......

HARRY CARRY, out!!

05-Jun-14
And...to let folks know:

"Trout Outdoors" will be the featured vendor at this years' Traditional Archery Weekend!

Yep, Ken will have his wide range of new and used longbows and recurves, and his well-stocked supply of Traditional Archery items available to peruse on the INSIDE, set up between the bales-shooting area and the R&R&Dining tables.

So, just another reason to consider a visit to Strictly Sticks next weekend, June 14-15!

Hope to see YOU there!

06-Jun-14
How many courses are you setting up?

I was hoping Trout would be there, I need stuff!

06-Jun-14
Glad to see a trad. dealer in the mix! A nice added attraction to a good event.

If the "iron" wolf is on the prowl arras will be in demand! Hope Ken brings some inventory!

<')))><

06-Jun-14
Red, at least two courses. Long course on the Nuclear Creek Side (the Trap Range side). A split hillside on the clubhouse side will probably be a "Hoot'N'Holler" type course of 15, and an "as yet to be determined" course making up the other 15.

To keep things interesting, we may NOT keep things 15, 15, and 30 targets. This is "Strictly Sticks", and the Crew often does not follow "the rules" well!!!

11-Jun-14
So far: 3 courses! A regular marked 3D course of between 26 and 30 targets; a "hoot'n'holler course; and a "hunter/survival" course, with the Archer only being allowed to take one arrow!!

Logistics may allow us the opportunity to add a few other shooting opportunities if we see them arise during our next set-ups Thursday eve and Friday.

We'll also need to see if any storm damage from tonight's interesting weather has altered any of our plans. Our collective fingers are crossed on that...

Worry not, though, we've got a shoot this weekend, and IT'S GOING TO BE A GOOD ONE!!!

12-Jun-14
Randy- just curious... can I park my truck near my tent?? I'd like to tailgate for breakfast.

12-Jun-14
Yes, Dale. Most folks' camping areas are make-shift: tents beside trucks, tents in trucks, trucks as tents, RVs attached to tarps, hammocks attached to trucks and tents.... If you have an idea that works, just run with it. If it doesn't affect anyone else, YOU BE FINE!

15-Jun-14
Thanks SS crew. Really enjoyed the shoot. Our group on the hoot and holler had a blast even with a few broken arrah's.

Frank was a new comer and he fit right in. Thanks again guys and gals. And a special thanks for the cake Sue!

15-Jun-14
The "Crew" of "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" would like to express a heartfelt "THANK YOU!!" to everyone who took time away from their busy Father's Days Weekend schedules to come visit and shoot with us!

With 2 gorgeous weather days after a week of some simply awful weather, the full Sun and clear skies made for some very fun Archery as experienced by our visitors AND the Crew. And the full moon over the Clubhouse grounds, as seen around 2:20 AM, was spectacular!

Though "Sticks" prides itself in being a fun-based event, we did have two "competitions"(!!) ongoing throughout the weekend, and accolades are deserved for the following Archers:

Winner of the "Strictly Sticks Eagle Eye Competition" this year was Bob Hildenbrand! Winners of the daily "Distance 50/50" were Lynda Keller on Saturday, and Jeff Findish on Sunday. Special recognitions also went to two young Archers for qualifying for the Eagle Eye Challenge, by competing on the same level, conditions, and distances as all the other competing Archers: these young Archers are Elizabeth Oakley, age 11, and Ashlyn Penich, also age 11!

Though we missed seeing some longtime friends, the Sticks event welcomed MANY new folks...first timers to ANY outdoor/3D type of Archery event. Thank you for choosing to visit with us, and we hope the event we presented to you was worthy enough for your return in the future. And for our friends who were unable to attend: we missed you!

So, simply, THANK YOU for a Great Archery Weekend. We had as much fun as hopefully you all did. And we hope to shoot with you again!

• Sitka Gear