West Virginia
Contributors to this thread:
gobbler 06-Jun-14
Bennett2012 06-Jun-14
babysaph 06-Jun-14
gobbler 06-Jun-14
babysaph 06-Jun-14
06-Jun-14
A few months ago I think there was a short thread or two about deer farms and CWD in which I may have mentioned that every so often thru history Mother Nature throws a curve ball and an infectious disease somehow changes or evolves and is able to jump species to a different host.

I was talking about what if after expanding deer farms that CWD would jump from deer to humans like some of its prion cousins have been able to do like mad-cow disease.

Well, guess what? Another infectious disease has done just that. M.E.R.S., or Middle East Respiratory Syndrome that has sickened hundreds of people in the Middle East as well as a handful of people in the US, and has killed almost 300 so far was found to be from camel snot. Actually a type of virus called a corona virus . That is a common type of viruses that cause colds and upper respiratory infections in people. But in this case it was a camel "cold " virus that jumped to humans.

Why am I telling you this?

Just another example of how a disease can jump from one specie to another . Plus, for everybody to teach their camels to sneeze or cough into their hoof or elbow.

06-Jun-14
Is it really an elbow or would ya consider it to be a knee cap?

06-Jun-14
Those towel heads cause a lot of problems. I hope they didn't transfer that disease to our soldier that was just freed.

06-Jun-14
It seems to be centered in the Arabian Peninsula at least for now.

IDK about the elbow/knee issue. I figured if someone had one they would know?

I know I'm going to quit trying to be nice and wiping camel noses after they sneeze. It's just not worth the risk.

06-Jun-14
Camel jockeys.

• Sitka Gear