NR Deer Hunting in IN?
Indiana
Contributors to this thread:
Tody 16-Jun-14
pav 17-Jun-14
Tody 17-Jun-14
Guffny 25-Nov-14
16-Jun-14
Was wondering if anyone here might give me a quick summary of what the regulations are for a non resident to deer archery hunt Indiana? I have recently been given acces to some land near Indianapolis to deer hunt but have no idea on how a non resident obtains archery deer permits? The owner does not hunt. Is there a lottery? Can I still get a permit? How do gun permits work? I live and hunt in Illinois, but it never hurts to get out of the same place you have been hunting for a few years and see some new scenery. I understand that all of this information is on the DNR website, and I fully plan on checking it out. Just not sure if the application dates have passed me by already or if tags are over the counter for non residents. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

17-Jun-14

pav's Link
Hello Tody.

All general season statewide deer tags in Indiana are over the counter...for both residents and non-residents. There are some property specific draws, but the state itself is OTC.

The attached link should provide what you seek. Keep in mind, those are last season's dates. Archery and crossbow seasons will open October 1st and general firearms season will open November 15th in 2014.

Best of luck.

Paul

17-Jun-14
Thank you Paul. Sounds like I didn't miss the boat on applications. I will check out the link.

25-Nov-14
I don't know where the fourum went on DNR deer hunting input but I can tell you the herd is down over 75% in Spencer county I have owned land for 28 years and went from seeing 20 to 30 deer before noon on opening day of gun season I think in 1994 was the first year to bag anterless deer a couple buddy's got one rack both were bucks so I stopped that myself and it was also the year blue tounge started I am lucky to see a deer all season it reminds me of the herd 35 years ago even less. I have been in contact with Chad Stewart DNR whitetail game biologists in Bloomington for the last five years telling him about no deer my grandpa helped start the Perry county conservation club and helped fly deer here from PA and MO in the 1950s so his grand kids and my grand kid can get hooked on deer hunting and when I told him no deer were around and no established trails he said I may not want to bag any does so they can reproduce . I have not killed a deer in 11 years I don't think that's the problem and that's the last time he replied because I told him if my grandpa was here and he was in front of him he would punch him in the nose for destroying something he helped build and as far as auto and deer wrecks go look up cell phone and auto wrecks driver awareness is needed for people at night a deer may cross the road and if it looks back at your lights it gonna come right back at ya I know I have hit 4 that I can remember they all done that except on it jumped off a steep bank right in front of me in daylight and I did not have time to hit my brakes I have never turned in a deer damage to my insurance I feel its my fault cell phones can be controlled don't blame the deer the herd is damaged and I feel their should not be a season for at least the next 3 years I want my grandson to see deer when he starts hunting. DNR [email protected] that's his email flood it tell him to stop the slaughter let them regain population nature will keep the herd where it needs to be blue tounge ,cwd predator s all can control it the DNR has destroyed it for revenue thanks for yout time my email is [email protected] send me any articles about this and I will forward to chad as I already sent him some from IL MO KS OH its going on all over the country I try to tell people their not any deer like the DNR tries to tell you that their is many

• Sitka Gear