Adamwipp07 14-Aug-14
MONSTER 22-Aug-14
stinky at home 23-Aug-14
razorhead 23-Aug-14
bloodtrail 28-Aug-14
va_born 29-Aug-14
16-Jun-14

TAC's Link
The “Prime Total Archery Challenge” is coming to Devil’s Head Ski Resort, Wisconsin on August 22-24th, 2014 and we want you there! The Total Archery Challenge has partnered with Prime bows by G5 to bring Devil’s Head Ski Resort in Merrimac, Wisconsin the world’s greatest out door 3D Shoot and Expo. We work hard to provide a fun, family friendly environment where everyone can enjoy the great sport of archery. It’s like we always say “Life… It’s Better with a Bow!” The Total Archery Challenge, or TAC, is the foremost leader in fun non-competitive outdoor 3D shoots and expos in the United States. We work hard to provide our participants with real world archery shots in a safe and family friendly environment. Participants can expect: ? 100+ 3D archery targets ? 3 different courses with targets from 10 yd’s to 100 yd’s ? Pop-up System with moving 3D targets ? Novelty Shots with the chance to win multiple prizes ? Vendors with the latest outdoor products ? Free Education for novice and beginners ? An Amazing Venue ? Fun for the whole family ? Great food and Fun!

This is the one archery event you do not want to miss. All participants that pre-register will get a free t-shirt, and a free entry to win a Prime or Quest bow (“The One” is not included). Please feel free to contact us any time we look forward to seeing you soon. Register today for a chance to win a new Bow @ www.totalarcherychallenge.com The Total Archery Challenge Staff [email protected] 801-380-6442

16-Jun-14
Finally a local western style shoot. I wasn't able to make a similar one down by Galena, but I'll try my best to get to this one. I'll be sure to spread the word about this one. Thanks for bringing it to my area.

16-Jun-14

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
I strongly recommend this event. Very laid back and very fun. I went to the Utah event last year and will go again in a few weeks.

16-Jun-14

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo

17-Jun-14
REALLY looking forward to this. Always wanted to do bowcast@the bird. I know three of us will be there.

14-Jul-14

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Keep this shoot on your calendar folks. I just did the one here in Utah yesterday. Thought I'd make it a dual purpose day and break in some hiking shoes too. My feet hurt today! There were many very cool shots to be had.

14-Jul-14
I am going back to MI on Wed, so now with computer access I get to converse with everyone, and get this great post of information.......

Would not this be the best place for alot of us to get together??????

We could have a meet and greet and finally get to shoot the breeze and shoot together......

Who would be in, for that?? I am going to put this on my calendar, and make the drive down......

Cheap motels in the Devils Head area???? ha ha... Anyone who lives in the area, have any recommendations??

14-Jul-14
Two of the guys I am going to Colorado with are shooting it with me. We will shoot on Saturday and we leave the following Thursday. Using it as a last minute equipment check.

14-Jul-14
Baraboo is the closest city in the area. Can't comment on the quality, price of them though. There are also plenty of campgrounds in the area. Devils Lake state park has camping there too, but you'll probably have a hard time reserving a site this late in the summer. I'm in the Madison area and I't about a 45 minute drive up to Devil's Head and there are plenty of hotels down here.

21-Jul-14
Can you shoot more than one course with the 45 dollar one day pass?

22-Jul-14
Yes but you better hit the first course as soon as it opens. They take longer than usual due to the terrain.

22-Jul-14
There is a motel, food, and gas right where 39 and 90/94 come together. Then just take 78 towards Merimac and watch for the sign to turn for Devils Head by a welding shop. Just for another option.

22-Jul-14
Are there any traditional classes?

13-Aug-14
SHOOT IS CANCELED... DUE TO ZERO INTREST.

14-Aug-14
That figures. I was looking forward to this event.

14-Aug-14
That is crazy

14-Aug-14
Hmmmm me and three buddies were going to hit the shoot. One lives right next to it.

Bummer

14-Aug-14
bummer.

14-Aug-14
Find a shoot at a club near you shoot there. Local archery clubs work hard to put on their shoots and need your support. With the increase use of crossbows clubs are in for hard times.

14-Aug-14
That's crazy, was really looking forward to it. Can't believe they would just cancel? Wish the Web site would have said possible shoot at devels head! now I have to call the people that were going to be going with me and let them know that there weekend is open.

22-Aug-14
so one of many reasons they had to cancel is the fact that only 23 people pre registered and they need around 300 pre registered to make it worth while hauling all there gear here. we plan on having this shoot next year we will keep informing everyone here

23-Aug-14
300 might be asking too much. I worry that we'll never see it make it here. Anybody know how many go to the R-100 shoots?

23-Aug-14
I find it hard to believe, that the persons behind this shoot, would not get the word out. I mean really, no one for the most part, even knew about the shoot.....

This state has lots of shooters, just look at all the shoots, yet no one I know of, from the north to the south, had even heard of this shoot.....

What did they expect.... I mean maybe get the word out thru WBH, the Wis Deer Classic, some advertisement, social media, I mean come on,,,,,,,,

People will come, if they knew about it. I first heard about it, 2 weeks before the date,,,,, again, what are these organizers thinking....

28-Aug-14
I think the TAZ Archery shoot in July at the ski hill in Galena, IL pulls in roughly 100 shooters. But I could be wrong, but I think that's what I heard.

29-Aug-14
The R-100 Shoot had a helluva turn out. Easily 300+ Maybe even over 500. I know that there were a few people from out of state there even. I will definetly try to make the Total Archery Challenge shoot next year. I was back home in Virginia this time around.

• Sitka Gear