Bill S 19-Aug-14
Bill S 19-Aug-14
wapiti 21-Aug-14
treeman16 06-Sep-14
bigbuckbob 08-Sep-14
BOWMAN BOB 08-Sep-14
SwampDonkey 08-Sep-14
19-Jun-14
Been seeing any acorns growing yet? I haven't checked the trees yet but it has been a good growing season so far for most everything. Should be better than last year I would hope.

19-Jun-14
Grizz haven't seen much yet but it agree with u one of my stands is in a small group of white oaks that I'm hoping ramps up this yr

24-Jun-14
Checked out some of my usual white oak trees today and they were LOADED!! Picked up some freshly cut oak on the side of the road after work and the cut branches laying around were jam packed with acorns as well. Gonna be a good crop this year!!!!

28-Jul-14
Loaded here in Killingworth too. Both reds and whites acorns were visible on the branches!!

28-Jul-14
I've been looking& so far I haven't seen a seen a single acorn in Brooklyn or Killingly.

28-Jul-14
I've heard when the oaks are flowering in the spring any late frost will kill those future acorns especially after the winter we had that's a possibility. Valleys frost before ridges and deer prefer white oaks over Redoaks so look for white oaks along ridges. Best potential for early-season.

29-Jul-14
Oaks in my yard are loaded and some are dropping the small acorns now, guess there's too many on the branch so they fall off early.

29-Jul-14
Have a ton dropping in my yard also haven't gotten out to chaplin yet been busy with work but will def let u know

29-Jul-14
southeastern ct is loaded as well they are all over my yard after the last few storms.

29-Jul-14
I see a lot of them on golf courses. Portland was loaded

29-Jul-14
Heartshot Chaplin going to be loaded I can feel it ! I need to take a look as well.

29-Jul-14
Havent seen much and this lack of rain is killing my food plots!!

29-Jul-14
I was just hanging my last stand in ffd county. Acorns were all over the ground.

29-Jul-14
Looks like lots of them but they look a bit smaller than they should be by now.

29-Jul-14
Starting to fall from a few trees in north central. all the branches down have a bunch as well...

29-Jul-14
Seeing them but very small

30-Jul-14
Paul I agree buddy hung a stand in late June with my boys and it's right in a small white oak grove of about 10 trees should be good gonna try to go out sat morning for final scout and pull trailcam cards and prob be the last time I go out there till the opener

30-Jul-14
On my daily bike ride around Bloomfield, saw lots of small ones crushed on the side of the road.

05-Aug-14
Hope they are in Litchfield county this year. It's been years since we had good acorns. Between that, and predators, including bears according to the DEEP, our deer numbers are declining.

05-Aug-14
I was looking today, some trees are loaded and some are not. The red oaks seem to have more tan the whites. This was just along the road.

15-Aug-14
I have a mature white at the end of my driveway here in SE CT that is loaded every year. There are also 2 more about 1/4 mile down the road from me that are loaded every yr.

The whites at road edges or in yards seem to be a bad gauge to use cause it's never the same in the woods. Last yr there were barely any white in the woods that produced while roadside trees did.

My only assessment is that there is much more competition in the woods for valuable nutrients to get trees to fully produce year in and year out.

I was once told by a guide in Maine to use fertilizer spikes at the base of trees to get them to produce. Haven't tried it yet. Another thing that will make them produce is stress. With the extreme lack of rain they may have gotten stressed enough to produce.

I'm hoping we have a plentiful year.

16-Aug-14
Seeing a fair number starting to fall here in MA. Have not been to CT yet, so now sure there. Up here, it does not feel like it's a BIG year... but it does feel like a year with a decent number of nuts.

19-Aug-14
all hickory's no acorns in toyland . 10 min into monroe I have a stand in a white oak,nothing . 10 min the other way in Monroe loaded with reds ,whites and hickory..micro climate I guess

19-Aug-14
Saw a bunch of reds yesterday. They are just starting to drop.

19-Aug-14
Saw a bunch of reds yesterday. They are just starting to drop.

21-Aug-14
Terryville, CT. Whites are loaded in my back yard, but when I enthusiastically ran to an Oak ridge I hunt, they were barren. I can't remember the last time those trees produce nuts.

06-Sep-14
White oaks are dropping right now. Squirrels and deer are hitting them right now hard!

08-Sep-14
I got more acorns on my deck, patio and hot tub than I know what do with!! I'm going to have to start using the wet vac to suck them up, there's too many to blow off and onto the lawn.

08-Sep-14
Did some scouting over weekend in Sherman Ct.Acorns where spotty at best.

08-Sep-14
Scouted hard over weekend. White oaks all over 2 great pvt land spots I have picked out...

• Sitka Gear