Oregon
Contributors to this thread:
Slobow 20-Jun-14
ghost stalker 20-Jun-14
WapitiBob 20-Jun-14
Slobow 20-Jun-14
Slobow 24-Jun-14
20-Jun-14
So I have created a minor dilemma when I drew a non resident Hart Mtn. Late archery hunt in Nov. When I applied I had the thought of bringing my father (72) along for the less demanding areas. We have a Nevada chucker hunt planned the week before so I figured we would just head north. Well, my ten year old son just passed his hunter safety course and although he is not a bow hunter yet I feel like I should return the tag and share my points with him for a different future hunt, possibly rifle so he had a chance at his first buck. I do not have any first hand knowledge of this late archery hunt and am not asking for your special spots just your opinion of the hunt and whether or not you would keep the tag if you were in my shoes. The thought of having my young son along for the hunt is most likely out as he would miss far to much school as well as Mrs. Slobow wouldn't approve:) Thanks so much for your advice positive or negative that you could provide!

20-Jun-14
I don't have any info on that hunt. However, I do know the Hart Mtn area is a good hunt. The bummer is if you drew that as your first choice hunt you can't turn the tage back in and get your points back. You either have to buy the tag or not, but you still start over with zero points. If you want to take your son on a bow deer hunt we have a general late season hunt. I live in Southern Oregon and would be happy to point you in few directions. Send me a pm if your interested. Congrats on your son passing hunter safety. You got a hunting buddy for life now.

20-Jun-14
Oregon doesn't reinstate points.

20-Jun-14
Ouch! Well I guess the decision is made. Might have to dump the chucker trip and get my boy out of school and head to Oregon! Anyone have this late season archery tag and have any insight? I know there is very few tags but could use any info you are willing to share. Thanks!

24-Jun-14
Thanks again for those who have reached out to help in other units! As for this late hunt I have talked to the Biologist and area manager but am having no luck finding anyone who has ever had this tag. I know there is only 6 tags this year and a few over past five years but would love to find a hunter who has been on this late season bow hunt. Right now it looks like a scouting mission in place right after family chucker hunt in Nevada. It does not appear to be a conducive hunt to bring my son and father along as bucks will most likely be up high unless extensive weather? Again, thank you to fellow bow hunters who have offered advice.

• Sitka Gear