DeerBuilder.com
Important Sunday hunting issue
Maryland
Contributors to this thread:
PassThrough 22-Jun-14
bowhunter0132 23-Jun-14
22-Jun-14
I am going to give you what is my early-stage understanding of an unfolding issue that I found out about just today. Please spread this to any Maryland hunting/fishing forums or other places where it will reach others. Legislation was passed during the Maryland General Assembly and signed into law by Gov. O'Malley that will allow expanded Sunday hunting in Garrett, Allegany and Washington Counties. The hunting would be for all game species except migratory birds and would take place on private lands and state wildlife management areas. Although signed by the governor, apparently these laws don't become official until after being published in the Maryland register. They were published on June 13. Still there is a 30-day period for public comment and theoretically the laws could change. Like I said, I need to learn more. Anyway, the comment period ends July 14. Equestrian groups, apparently well connected and well heeled are seeking to overturn the laws, I am told. Thus, it is important for all of us to send in our comments in support of the laws allowing more Sunday hunting. Here is where you send them: Peter Jayne, Associate Director, Wildlife and Heritage Service, Department of Natural Resources, P.O. Box 68, Wye Mills, MD 21679, or call 410-827-8612, or email to [email protected], or fax to 410-827-5186. Comments will be accepted through July 14, 2014.

23-Jun-14
Email sent to Mr. Jayne in support of these Sunday hunting days and in support of MORE Sunday hunting days. For the average M-F, 9-5 guy.. Saturday is the only day to get in the woods! If the weather is nasty or other obligations come up, you just aren't hunting that week. I am lucky enough to have access to private lands in Carroll County, so I get some extra days, but for those w/o access to private lands or in the "wrong county", its Saturday only unless you take vacation time and/or get a lucky break.

• Sitka Gear