UBP Benefit Hunt (Texas)
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
Rut Nut 23-Jun-14
Huntinggal2009 25-Jun-14
Rut Nut 26-Jun-14
mrw hunter 10-Jul-14
23-Jun-14
UBP Member Gary Wessner has put together what could be a yearly trip to Texas for Deer/Turkey/Javalina.

He asked me to post this for him as he is not as computer literated as most of us here! ;-)

Announcing the first annual UBP member hunt, This hunt will take place at Desert Mountain Guide Service’s Big Lake Texas Lodge. Hunt includes Meals,Lodging ,Guides and infield game care. One Buck & Doe and a Turkey or Javelina . This is an excellent place to hunt and can accomodate up to 8 people , this hunt has been put together as a fund raiser for the UBP, you don't want to miss out on this chance $2100.00 gets you along for all the fun! The hunt is the week of Oct19/25th. Asa Nixon DMGS owner will be at the Lehigh Valley Hunting & Fishing Extravaganza in August you can meet him there. Watch the UBP web site and also the Bowsite for more details , call or text Gary Wessner at 610-554-0807

The hunt will take place on a 20,000 acre ranch in Big Lake Texas. You will hunt out of popup and brush blinds, all blinds are over feeders. This ranch had very little hunting pressure last year and a lot of good bucks were seen but not taken. This area has been getting good amounts of rain this spring and had a lot of green grass when I was down there in May this should lead to excellent antler growth. You can expect to see some 115 to 130 inch deer at your blind during your hunt with a few hunters seeing 140 to 150 inch deer , but remember this is fair chase no high fences , we can’t guarantee a shot at 140 to 150 inch deer ! The lodge is a comfortable Ranch house ,full bathrooms ,kitchen, dining room, living room with sat TV and comfortable bedrooms. Outdoor fire pit for telling hunting stories and having a beverage . Gary Wessner will accompany all the hunters on this trip , we can all travel together , probably fly nonstop to Dallas then rent a van and go to the lodge. Gene & Barry Wensel hunted with this outfitter last winter , they had 20 hunters there for their annual Hog Hunt Gathering , they hunted a different ranch but had a great time , Asa does everything he can to put together a great hunt for his clients ! Hope to have you come along on this hunt and become part of a great story .

25-Jun-14
This sounds like a hoot!!

26-Jun-14
I'm sure it will be! (especially with the nightly entertainment......................ie Gary telling jokes and "bustin' chops"! ;-)

10-Jul-14
I think Gary's still looking for hunters so if anyone's interested let him know. I'm planning on going in 2015.

• Sitka Gear