M.P. 29-Jun-14
gobbler 29-Jun-14
L.S. 30-Jun-14
babysaph 30-Jun-14
babysaph 30-Jun-14
gobbler 30-Jun-14
babysaph 30-Jun-14
29-Jun-14
I see where manscaping is generating a lot of interest on the main forum. I was just wondering how popular it was here in West Virginia?

29-Jun-14
hopefully it is not popular in the mountain state. Not a fan don't see any reason to do it. I'll stick with my "manfro"

29-Jun-14
I figure that is the thoughts of most WV bowhunters.

But, those guys have a point. Most of them are elk hunters that depend almost 100% on wind direction and scent control for elk hunting. If it works for elk, it sure can't hurt for whitetail.

Body scent is mainly caused by bacteria. Having no hair in sweat prone areas like the arm pits and groin region give less places for bacteria to hide. Plus it's easier to clean with a scent wipe. Not to mention the back door where hair gives bacteria a place to grow and create odor . Another big plus is that with no hair there would be no dingleberries hanging around. Now, I've never smelt one but I can imagine they are a scent producing factory.

I think to clear the question up a scientific experiment is in order.

I can't think of 3 more honest men than George Coleman, Lonnie Sneed, and Mike Persinger.

In order to advance knowledge of scent control while hunting whitetail deer with a bow in WV, I will, out of the goodness of my heart, and to promote sound scientific data, pay for the 3 men mentioned above to get a full body wax job at the end of October so they can hunt hair free in November and report back to us on the results.

I think this would be an excellent way to study the question. What do the rest of you guys think?

29-Jun-14
There would have to be conditions. The study would have to be in a controlled environment like say your farm in November. I promise not to shoot anything but 115s and below. Lonnie said he does this each year anyway because he likes how it feels when he wears his silk hunting long johns. I figure it will cost you 10 beer to get Lonnie to do it.

George is a tight wad. You will have to give him the money it costs to buy 10 beer to get him to wax his mange off.

I will go along as long as we hunt your farm and there is no lie detectors to prove the waxing. What I will do for deer hunting and science (I'm shaking my head side to side now)

29-Jun-14
I'm willing to be in the control group( with hair) to make it a valid study.

But there has to be documentation of waxing, otherwise it won't be a valid test.

30-Jun-14
I'll do it, but I have to have the low carb beer, and I want a case. That should last me about 4 years. Also there is not enough wax in this state to wax all that hair off of George "HOTTIE" Coleman. Persinger will do about anything for money, he is the tightest guy I know, besides his buddy Tillie.

30-Jun-14
I am sure you mean landscaping. I have a lot of it around my house. Now my cabin I just kinda let it grow wild.

30-Jun-14
Who is going to be the sniffer?

30-Jun-14
Well there you go!! A volunteer

JR will be the official Judge(sniffer).

30-Jun-14
LOL. hahaha.

• Sitka Gear