babysaph 29-Sep-14
hookman 29-Sep-14
hookman 05-Oct-14
babysaph 06-Oct-14
Bennett2012 06-Oct-14
babysaph 06-Oct-14
Bennett2012 06-Oct-14
01-Jul-14
When do you think we will get tele check service? It would be nice to be able to check your game in without Driving around looking for an open check station.

01-Jul-14
Unless something unexpected happens the system will be up and running Jan 1st, 2015 to buy licenses, tags, etc. By gobbler season in April, 2015 it will be ready to check animals in.

They want to begin it during gobbler season rather than deer season so there will be less volume in case there are any bugs in the system and that will give them a few months to fix the bugs if there are any, before deer season.

02-Jul-14
Awesome. Thank you.

02-Jul-14
Will you be able to check all game animals including beaver and bobcat?

02-Jul-14
Yes, unless something changes.

05-Jul-14
We've had it in Maryland for a number of years now. It's great from the hunter's standpoint. I've checked deer in via cellphone before gutting them. It's really nice when you put an arrow through a deer at last light and it takes two or three hours to find it, tag it, gut it, drag it and get it out of the woods. I realize it is tough on small business check-in stations who made some money from hunters.

05-Jul-14
PassTrough, do you know if Maryland has any hard data on how reliable it is? For example the counties where you have to shoot 2 does after a buck before a second buck is killed?

I know we all hear stories where the does are only killed on the Internet. But do you know if they have ever followed up on that and have any real hard data?

Thanks, Greg

05-Jul-14
I would think that would be hard to police.

07-Jul-14
Hope it works better than VA. It take 30 to 40 min. to check a deer or turkey. I just take it to the check station. Maybe WV will be better.

07-Jul-14
I have used the telecheck in OH. It was easy and took a minute or so.

07-Jul-14
I've used Ohio's as well with no problem. But Ohio's DNR web site makes ours looks like a joke

08-Jul-14
VA might be better now, the only time I used it was the very first year they had it. Checking went ok once I got to talk to a real person, but I got put on hold and that just struck me wrong. That same year other hunters had the same complaint that I did. I just dont use it any longer. Maybe I will try it again. Hope WV works good because it would save some time and gas.

08-Jul-14
Hey Gobbler, that's good news! At least they are doing something good for the hunter! Sometimes finding a Check-In Station, and open when you need it has been a HUGE problem, however our local 7-11 Store, is open 24/7, which has been a great help. And I always try to buy something from the store when I check in a game animal.

08-Jul-14
Hey Gobbler, that's good news! At least they are doing something good for the hunter! Sometimes finding a Check-In Station, and open when you need it has been a HUGE problem, however our local 7-11 Store, is open 24/7, which has been a great help. And I always try to buy something from the store when I check in a game animal.

08-Jul-14
Sorry. Just got back to this site. Gobbler I don't have any follow up about the efficiency or accuracy of the Md. system. I'll ask some questions.

08-Jul-14
My brother uses the VA tele-check every year and says it takes no time. He loves it.

I'm looking forward to it here. God Bless

09-Sep-14

WVBOWHUNTER's embedded Photo
Here you go picked this up today at my check I station in Jefferson county.

09-Sep-14

09-Sep-14

09-Sep-14
Sorry for the sideways picture post.

10-Sep-14
Maybe now folks will check in their turkey in the spring in jefferson county. It is one reason we never have a fall season. God's knows we have lots of Turkey.

11-Sep-14
I agree. I live and hunt in Jefferson county as well and from my sightings there are a good number of Turkeys. And thats what it mounts to, if you dont check them in then the numbers are down. But maybe they will now.

11-Sep-14
You mean they don't check em in?

28-Sep-14
I see that it begins April 1, 2015. Does that mean turkey season comes in then, when it should?

28-Sep-14
LOL I did not see the April 1st date - just knew it was April 2015. I totally agree with you again hookman!

28-Sep-14
That is the date the system is supposed to go live, not the start date for any particular season.

29-Sep-14
We know that, just joking.

29-Sep-14
Hookman, turkey season starts in my area in March. LOL

29-Sep-14
Turkey season is always a subject that sticks in my craw. We all know that the last week in April is too late and we have all voiced our displeasure to the DNR but they will not budge. Sure there are a lot of turkeys killed but every other state around us comes in earlier. By the time your March hunters get done and it gets so hot it is hard to get a gobbler to respond.

05-Oct-14
I don't like the checking system in this state at all. A lot of people have their wives and children check deer in and there is no checking of the deer or who killed it at all. Heck most of the checking stations never even walk out and look at the deer, a buck could be checked in as a doe. Now they are going to implement a call in checking system. I get it, the DNR don't care what is killed, as long as they sell tags ans get numbers of deer killed. All true hunters do it the correct way but a lot don't. These are problems that need addressed before anything else in my opinion.

06-Oct-14
I agree Hookman, you will never be able to stop it. I have even seen guys check a deer in before the kill it to avoid a long trip out to fhe mountain to a checking station that could be closed. Those guys will use the telecheck and that will work. I have never ever had anyone look at my deer. I have told this story before but I had a lady tell me she had been checking deer for over 50 years and she wasn't going out in the cold to see my deer. I could have had a human body in the truck. Lol. You can't stop it.

06-Oct-14
Tell em you need to check a dead body in that might get there attention

06-Oct-14
lol. Not if it is cold out. That lady said she wasn't coming out in the cold.

06-Oct-14
Yeah good point lol

• Sitka Gear