Jim Casto Jr 30-Jul-14
babysaph 30-Jul-14
Farmer 31-Jul-14
Old Crow 31-Jul-14
babysaph 31-Jul-14
JayD 31-Jul-14
hookman 04-Aug-14
07-Jul-14
I axed this question on the leatherwall so I will ax it here. What rubber boots would you guys use for all day walking for a woodland caribou hunt I am doing in Newfoundland this fall? Lot and lots of walking in the bogs

07-Jul-14
Don't know bout a lot of walking but I got couple different pair of muck boots the article pro for cold weather and woody sport for earlier season and as far as I'm concerned they have been the most comfortable boot I have had

07-Jul-14
I bought the Lacrosse Aeroheads last year and they are the most comfortable rubber boots I ever used.I haven't been through a lot of thick brush and briars with them,so I don't know how durable they would be,but I can attest to the comfort.I got the lighter ones(3.5 mm). Bob

07-Jul-14
Are they hard to get on and off?

07-Jul-14
JR - Cabelas has a boa snake boot that is a 16 inch boot - is a speed lacing boot and is very light weight and made for all day of walking. It is gore tex and scent proof. I wore a similar 16 inch goretex boot on a caribou hunt several years ago. I got the boa lace boot from them about a year ago and I love them. Almost feels like you are wearing tennis shoes. Feet won't sweat in them like rubber boot either. Might want to check them out.

08-Jul-14
Aeroheads are VERY easy to get on and off.

08-Jul-14
Muck.

08-Jul-14
I had LaCrosse for years and loved them, kinda of hard to get off without a boot jack. Got a pair of Muck 2 years ago and will never buy another pair of LaCrosse. Muck go on and off easy and are very good for all day walking. Muck has a great fit on the foot and ankle. But it's like everything else, whatever YOU like.

08-Jul-14
I have Muck boots. I have walked out of em in WV, I know I would walk out of em in those bogs with that stuff sucking at your feet. I had Lacrosse 15 years ago and it took 2 men and a boy to get em off. Has that changed? JayD. Are those boots waterproof?

08-Jul-14
JR they make a boot jack that will work great on getting the LaCrosse off. Just put your heal in it and pull. Works great, just don't forget it if you go on a hunt away from home.

08-Jul-14
I'm sure you would not regret getting a pair of mucks. Mine are the warmer line and they are comfortable and relative easy to get on and off.

08-Jul-14
Thanks . LS

08-Jul-14
Babysaph, I've always used Lacrosse rubber boots, but after wearing them for a few days, it's like "pulling teeth" to get them off(Pardon the Pun! LOL) I ordered a pair of Aeroheads, after reading a few reviews, as of now, they are backordered. Reckon I'm not the only one that wants a pair. Looking forward to trying them out this fall. OC

08-Jul-14
JR,put your feet in plastic bags first.

08-Jul-14
JR they are waterproof - my feet never got wet and they were extremely comfortable.

08-Jul-14
Do you need knee boots or hip boots?

08-Jul-14
Knee boots.

08-Jul-14
I'm going to cabelas and try a bunch on. I know what you mean Old Crow. I had a pair years ago and I thought I was going to have to cut them off. Imma find out what the guides wear.

08-Jul-14
I had always used lacrosse but got a pair of mucks last year and love them.

08-Jul-14
JR - mine are packed right now for Alaska. We leave tomorrow - I will do a little video for you and send to you how easy they are to get on and off. Plus I will stand in calf high water to show you how well they do. There is a little round dail on the back of the boot that you turn to tighten them up around your ankle and calf and then to release all you do is pull the dail out. It's a neat design - I love mine so much that I am going to get another pair for this fall just in case they stop making them!

09-Jul-14
To get rubber boots off easy , wear wool socks slide right off,,wear cotton socks you may never get them off

09-Jul-14
thanks George. Good tip

09-Jul-14
Haven't had any lacrosse but like I said before as far as I'm concerned mucks my fav for comfort and weather

10-Jul-14
Got a flyer in mail. Cabelas has a sale July 10-20 I think. Boots including lacrosse, muck etc. up to 20% off.

11-Jul-14
Thanks gobbler.,

30-Jul-14
JR what did you decide? I have a couple of pics that show I was almost in water up to my knees and feet did not get wet if you have not got a pair of boots yet... LOL

30-Jul-14
Put a plastic grocery bag on your foot and those Lacrosse boots will fall off.

Dr. J.R.,

I didn't like the rubber boots in Newfie. Best boot I found for walking, keeping the feet dry, holding up to the Tuckamore, and staying on in the bogs, is a Rocky Snake boot. Didn't need insulated since most of the time you're on the move and it's usually not too cold that time of year. Need to break them in good before going.

30-Jul-14
Thanks for the info. I think imma wear flip flops.,show em how tuff mtneers are.

31-Jul-14
JR,what happened to that leaf you turned?

31-Jul-14
LOL, yep he turn a new leaf, he just don't give a C$#%! LOL

31-Jul-14
LOL Farmer

31-Jul-14
I thought it was just the hippie in him starting to show! LOL

04-Aug-14
Micky mouse boots.lol

• Sitka Gear