Rader1 11-Jul-14
CJD437 12-Jul-14
Stlhtr 13-Jul-14
yukon roz 14-Jul-14
BOWMAN BOB 24-Jul-14
yukon roz 25-Jul-14
rbcss 26-Jul-14
09-Jul-14
Does anyone use the short 36 inch long sticks ?I have a couple of the stack together sticks and if the tree leans there a pain to use.I neede to know of a good set with ratchet straps to attach them to the tree.I saw some in the sportsmans guide but in a catalog you can't tell if their any good.I want something well made, not junk.Any ideas in where to buy some?

10-Jul-14
I use Lonewolf climbing sticks, they work on all trees. Fast and easy to setup.

10-Jul-14
I use lone wolf. I use 4 sticks btw. Three only gets me about 10 ft. With 4 i get about 15 ft which i like best. Prob most expensive but very happy with them. I set a hang on stand in 30 min with them. My climber takes almost as long.

11-Jul-14
I use 4 also.

12-Jul-14
I use 4 also. I bought the Sportsmans Guide brand. Not the best on the market but they seem to work and hold up well.

13-Jul-14
Lone wolf are the best in my opinion. There light and I added climbing rope extensions to mine and can get 25' with three sticks . Now from start to finish I can hang my stand and be hunting in 10 min tops. The rope extensions and "how to hang a stand in 5 min were compliments of You tube. I've sold my lone wolf sticks, have used others and ended up buying lone wolf again. Light and strong.

14-Jul-14
Thanks alot for the input I will try the lone wolf sticks.I'm tired of the sticks I have the staps are too old and I really like the idea of the ones that don't stack on each other.so I can use them on a certain crooked tree by a good spot I have.Good luck to all were close now to the 15th.

24-Jul-14
As i get older I find myself using ladder stands more and more easy to put up by my self.Stiks are great but.. still love my climber.

25-Jul-14
I was wondering do the summit steps have a ratch straps on them? I have 2 summit climbers and love them, the best stand I have ever used!!I'm 30 lbs over wieght and need something that I feel safe in.5 years ago I lost a fellow hunter because he fell to his death on the same farm.Rest in peace T J...

26-Jul-14
no. they come with a clamp that when you pull it through it tightens. I think it's called a cam and spring clamp. of course you can put a ratchet strap on if you wish. I have a couple of set's and like them alot. I have a set on a tree in my yard that I leave up all the time a practice shooting from. my only issue is I have a couple of stands I leave pretty deep in the woods I hunt, and I take these steps in and out of the woods with me. they get heavy after a while. I'm going to try the cansford rope style step that I can put into my back pack and a couple of these or a couple of lone wolf sticks to cut down on the weight.

• Sitka Gear