10orbetter 12-Jul-14
Novemberforever 13-Jul-14
Bloodtrail 13-Jul-14
Antler Whore 13-Jul-14
10orbetter 13-Jul-14
SteveD 14-Jul-14
11-Jul-14

Jeff in MN's Link
This guy got 5 years prison and $25K in fines for shooting 8 bucks at night and cutting their heads off. They should have cut his head off as punishment instead of what he got. A picture of one of the bucks that he posted on facebook is what got the wardens on his track. More proof that there is no cure for being stupid.

12-Jul-14
Kid looks like a little punk. I wonder how much of a punk he will be when the homies get a crack at him in the cell-block?

13-Jul-14

Novemberforever's Link
Some folks are just sick and mentally ill. Thanks parents for spawning offspring. Here's a little close to home example. Some tool stoned 25 common tern chicks on Butts De Mort. Only birds right? My Son has spent 8 weeks now kayaking 6 hours/day while tent camping for 56 nights getting chewed up by skeeters/deer flies while mapping and analyzing tern colonies on 65 lakes in Sconnie and Minnie for USFW. Reminds me of the guys who ran down and killed the deer with snow machines.

13-Jul-14
We live in a complicated world.

Why some folks do what they do is a mystery to many of us, there never seems to be a shortage of twisted and out of control folks.

Based simply on the amount of crime overall, Im surprised we dont have more conservation crime. As sportsman this kind of conduct is appalling - yet often times the media will spin such a story to read "Hunter arrested for poaching deer." The word "hunter" couldn't be any further from the truth. It sells papers and air time.

The "Tern" incident will be a hard one to solve I would think but, I wish them luck with the case!

It takes all types to make a world...unfortunately!

13-Jul-14
He was a opportunist with no respect for the game... sadly... alot of folks have lost respect for the game they take....

I like the jail time thing.. but I'd like to see drug dealers and major felons take up those cells... I'd much rather the Iowa style penalty... 10 grand for a poached deer over 150.. payable to the state .. yes he don't have the money possibly... but he is young.. and they have plenty of years to get it... incarceration just gives him a place to stay and eat is all and hunting society never gets a dime for the wasted animals.... I'd much rather see restitution and wage garnishments to pay it.

13-Jul-14
Bloodtrail, I believe there is more conservation crime than we know.

14-Jul-14
10orbetter you are spot on about the conservation crime.

• Sitka Gear