hawkeye in PA 15-Jul-14
Bourbonator 15-Jul-14
exsanguinator 15-Jul-14
exsanguinator 15-Jul-14
HUNTR4477 16-Jul-14
Bourbonator 16-Jul-14
horsethief51 17-Jul-14
15-Jul-14
Some of the outer edges of 2B in Westmoreland County are getting thinned out from the unlimited tags. Somebody else will have to chime in on hunting closer to the city.

15-Jul-14
Good luck finding access near the city. It's dang near impossible if ya don't know anyone.

15-Jul-14

exsanguinator's Link
To your original post...I have no idea about public land in 2B...Maybe Raccoon Creek State Park? Also look for some other parks that might have a "cull" type program. Settlers Cabin Park??

Have you ever considered getting a NO COUPON DMAP tag from some other part of the state?

http://www.gis.dcnr.state.pa.us/maps/index.html?dmap=true

15-Jul-14
No Problem, I hunted some new DMAP Areas last year for the first time. It was just great getting to see some new parts of the state and a little differnt style of hunting. Instead of "knowing" more or less where I am going to get a chance to arrow a deer due to all year scouting, it was fun to go to a new place look around for an hour make a game plan and hunt based on sign.

Also have you considered joining UBP and traveling to 5C for the September Doe hunt. Good folks, like minded bow hunters, and plenty of Doe. 5C basically has unlimited tags just like 2B.

16-Jul-14
I got a couple good spots in 2B,but I aint tellin anybody! :)

Bob

16-Jul-14
I could put in the right direction in 2a. 2b is a whole different ball game.

17-Jul-14
I keep telling guys that you never know who you might meet or where you might end up going hunting if you join the ubp. I know more than a few folks will agree with that statement.

On another note, I know a guy who posts here who lives and hunts in one of the nicest parts of Montgomery county. He created a nice brochure with his personal and family info on it that he handed out to home owners asking for permission to hunt their properties. It worked for him.

UBP has a nice permission card we give out to members just for the asking. It has helped some guys get in. Go now in you "civies" and don't wait until Sept 14th.

• Sitka Gear