Onthehunt 17-Jul-14
CTCrow 18-Aug-14
tradspirit 18-Aug-14
Dream Catcher@work 21-Aug-14
CTCrow 21-Aug-14
Dream Catcher@work 22-Aug-14
CTCrow 23-Aug-14
16-Jul-14
Is there a local longbow maker in Connecticut?

16-Jul-14
What are you looking for....I have some ( 20 ) McCullough Griffins in stock.

16-Jul-14
My son recently got a longbow and I can't let him be more primitive than me so I'm thinking about a longbow but was looking for something made locally with local materials.

Not in the position to spend a lot right now so I'm just browsing at this time.

16-Jul-14
GO TO THE LEATHER WALL

16-Jul-14
I went there for my son's bow. I was trying to see if there is a local maker.

16-Jul-14
I know a guy who has made several, and won the Muzzy shoot with one, which he later sold to me.

17-Jul-14
http://www.northwoodtraditionalarchery.com/

18-Aug-14

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo

CTCrow's Link
So,

I was looking for something made locally with local materials. Someone sent me a private with Chiefosage's info (Jim, sorry private got deleted so I don't know your handle).

I called the guy on Friday and agreed to call him when I'm on the neighborhood and if he was available, he would show me some of his bows. I called him on Sunday and agree to meet at 1pm. I was there at 12:15 as my watch was off.

I've never, ever shot a longbow or primitive bow before. He was happy to show me and let me shoot some of his bows. As this is an entry level bow for me, I chose the Hickory Longbow.

Now, let me tell you about the bow maker. This is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. It was such a pleasure talking to this guy that I will definitely get another of his high end bows once I get the hang of it. My wife had waited in the car for me and was reading a book in the car. I hadn't told him she was there and after about an hour shooting bows in his back yard and looking at all his stuff, I told him the wife was waiting in the car. He told me I should've brought her in and he went to the car to say hi to my wife and invited her in for an espresso to which my wife said yes. I was surprised cuz my wife is really shy and that was the reason she didn't come in in the first place.

We had coffee and his wife invited us to enjoy some of her wonderful cooking. we spent an extra 2 hours just chatting with him and his wife and felt like they were longtime friend that we hadn't seen in a long time. Jaime and Ninna were so nice that I wanted everyone here to know.

If you guys want a longbow made with local material by a local bower, Jaime is your guy. He has some entry level and some higher priced stuff. you should check him out.

I also want to thank Jim for letting me know about Jaime.

18-Aug-14
Crow: Glad it worked out for you! Jamie and Ninna are truly hopitable and friendly. I've had the same problem as far as having a short visit turn in to a longer one. Jaime is helpng me with a finishing a self bow I started many years ago. He is really an excellent craftsman and makes a nice bow. Being a real nice guy is just icing on the cake! Jim

21-Aug-14
CT, I had a very good conversation with Jaime this past weekend. Seems like a really nice guy!

21-Aug-14
He is a really nice guy. Are you going to see his bows?

Tell him I said hi!

22-Aug-14
He is no more than 10 min from my house. When I stop by, I will make sure I give him your best.

23-Aug-14
Can't wait to get my long bow. That way I can talk crap of compound hunters that talk crap of xbow hunters. ;-)

• Sitka Gear