pav 21-Jul-14
bas 22-Jul-14
Siouxme 22-Aug-14
bas 27-Aug-14
Siouxme 28-Aug-14
16-Jul-14

bas's embedded Photo
bas's embedded Photo
How are food plots doing so far this year? Any big plans for preparing your fall plots? Our beans are getting hammered and we are top seeding them this weekend with purpletop turnips and groundhog forage radishes. Here is a pic of the utilization cage in our best plot:

21-Jul-14

pav's embedded Photo
pav's embedded Photo
It has been a great growing season to date. This clover plot is approximately 1-1/2 acres.

21-Jul-14

pav's embedded Photo
pav's embedded Photo
This clover plot is about 1/2 acre. Grass tried to take over, but Clethodim did the trick. You can see brown patches of dead grass.

21-Jul-14

pav's embedded Photo
pav's embedded Photo
Roughly 2-1/2 acres of Eagle beans....planted the 3rd week of June.

22-Jul-14

bas's embedded Photo
bas's embedded Photo
Looking great Paul. Here is a pic of one of our clover plots. We frost seeded it in early March. It is a secluded 1/4 acre plot in the timber. It worked great last year as it is where I harvested the 10pt with my bow.

22-Aug-14
How did you get your clover to grow in the shade?

27-Aug-14
We went in and frost seeded the clover in late February-early March before the leaves came on. The sunlight it got during that time made it pop out of the ground in the early spring and then since it has been shaded, the weeds never really took over. I have only knocked the weeds down once this year. The extra rain we have had this year has really helped too.

28-Aug-14
It looks really good! I always frost seed, but tend to have the weeds take over in July and choke the clover out.

• Sitka Gear