Mathews Inc.
Archery Moose E1
Vermont
Contributors to this thread:
HuntingAdict 18-Jul-14
bigbuck 20-Jul-14
18-Jul-14
Just thought I'd see if anybody on here had any info on E1 for the oct 1-7 moose hunt. I got very lucky and drew the tag and figured that since it was such a long shot to even pull a tag people might be willing to share some info. Is this a hunt that can be done DIY? Is it worth hiring a guide? Can anyone recommend a guide or outfitter in that area? Any info helps guys, thanks alot.

20-Jul-14
HuntingAdict I sent you a PM a few days ago I am not sure if you got it,But will try to answer your questions here,you have been drawn into one of the best areas for moose in the state though the numbers are down from what they used to be due to very liberal moose tags given out for several years and the sever winter tick problems the last few years but that said it still contains more moose then any other zone in the state,Yes it is very DIY hunt friendly,there is more open hunting land in zone E1 then I think in any other zone,have you had any experience moose hunting and will you have a chance to scout before the season??as far as a guide there really are not many actual guides in the area but many locals offer up there services for moose hunting. though don't know how adept they are at archery hunting ,that said there is one guide that has earned a pretty good rep and that is the guide at In Pursuit 360,Im not sure what areas he covers but he has been mentioned on here a lot! you can check out ACE post and video,he was very happy with him.do you have a subpermitte to go with you ??? that extra set of hands comes in real handy once you get a moose down,other then scouting the area good!! the best advice I can give you is to learn how to call it is the one thing that I would concentrate on if I where you.I can give you some specific areas in E1 to get you started as I have spent considerable time there deer hunting and usually go there to observe in the moose season,just PM me if you would like

• Sitka Gear