STM 05-Oct-14
dockeating 08-Oct-14
Peepin Tom 08-Oct-14
dockeating 09-Oct-14
27bow 10-Oct-14
dockeating 10-Oct-14
onepin 24-Oct-14
21-Jul-14
Pat Lefemine its true that DEC has a age problem with its soft ware , but just think that the time it took to find out this you could of gotten you license from the town clerk.

21-Jul-14
I agree SORRY, NY DOES SUCKs!!!

21-Jul-14
Try Paying sales tax it also does not work

21-Jul-14
I feel your pain. The Gov has directed that all licensing will be on the same platform and has consolidated all IT systems. Purchasing now takes months and lots of extra effort. Ask for a quarterly report on expenses and find that it is 5 to 7 weeks behind the real world. Everything is going down the crapper. I hope my lifetime license shows up.

23-Jul-14
Don't worry. I saw some commercials on TV from Cuomo that sat the "New" New York is open for business.

Things should improve shortly.

23-Jul-14
Your lic. fees and the pittman robertson act hard at work for your tax dollars…………….. I know that if i ran my personal life the way most government programs are run I'd be in jail.

24-Jul-14
....Meanwhile I'm needing to save near $1000/month to pay my land/school taxes to live here!

30-Jul-14
Pat, if I'm not mistaken, the same contractor who designed the "Obamacare" website is in charge of the NYS hunting license system. Perhaps if you can ever get logged in you can get a subsidy.

30-Jul-14
SJJ..........whoa......that is a hell of a tax bill...but it's also a hell of a property. I'm paying a little more than half of that but for my little house on a 1/4 acre.......and there's no deer on it. Still, I feel your pain.

31-Jul-14
At least i can save $1 getting the new equivalent of the super sportsman license by buying it all ala carte this year. Yeah. I was told they did this better accommodate annual fishing licenses. An annual fishing license is now good for 1 year from purchase date. To inconvenience the majority of NY sportsman to accomodate a fee is ridiculous. How hard could it have been to just pro rate the licenses, and keep them in accordance with the hunting licenses. Now 700,000 thousand NY resident sportsman, and who knows how many non-res zportsman

31-Jul-14
Sorry. On my cell phone... any way, how many will mow have incongruent license dates for fishing and hunting tags each year. Typical NY idiot bureaucracy at it's finest.

31-Jul-14
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE HUNTING LICENSES GO ON SALE

03-Aug-14
I read on the N.Y. Dec website that lic's go on sale August 4th. however they recommend waiting 1-2 wks untill the sale agents get used to the new system. not good!

05-Aug-14
I see they are also having a problem with their DMP selection software and have suspended sales of those while they fix the system! BTW, I'm a lifetime license holder and I haven't received this year's license yet. In years past I have always had it before they went on sale!

07-Aug-14
Just came from a dealer and the only thing that he was able to test print was fishing that was to be for hunting The system really works just like the HEALTH CARE<<

08-Aug-14
Must be part of the SAFE act...

09-Aug-14
Well if they can't fix it We will probably get to hunt without a lic for this yr.

11-Aug-14
Yep...I was in NY this weekend with my 13 yr old. She just completed bowhunter safety and wanted to get her license. System down...now I'll have to make another 3 hr drive as I dont think she can get her first archery license online or via phone so she can get DMP...not happy!

11-Aug-14
She can get it online

12-Aug-14
well, not if she has the same experience that Pat had...

12-Aug-14
Has anyone received their lifetime license yet....or know when they will be mailed....as I'm still waiting too.

12-Aug-14
I called today to check on my lifetime license. They said they had some problems with the new system but that almost all of them would be out soon, sometime this week, then said maybe next week...oh boy..

12-Aug-14
This is ridiculous!

13-Aug-14
Went on line yesterday and got my license and applied for my doe tags. The navigation was odd but after one failed attempt I was able to breeze through it and (Fingers crossed) it seemed to work correctly. I guess we'll see when the envelope arrives.

13-Aug-14
Try having to pay NYS Sales tax it is a lesson how to be calm Its only in NYS!

11-Sep-14
I wonder if they just don't want u to hunt.could be a anti in the mix's.u never know.

12-Sep-14
lowest bidder service.

13-Sep-14
I still haven't gotten my life time license. They said 9/1 has anyone else gotten there's?

13-Sep-14
I just got my NR tags five days after I ordered them online, I guess I was lucky. STM.

13-Sep-14
Hey Ted I got mine the first couple weeks of August. Put in for my doe tags and got them also.

16-Sep-14
I have a lifetime license and in previous years have gotten my DMP tags by going to the town clerk. This year I decided to order them via the online system. What a convoluted mess! Anyhow, after much pain, I THINK I got them ordered. However, I'm going to be stubborn and, if they don't come, I'll have the numbers on my person that came up via the online system and will hunt anyhow! In the process I'll almost hope a DEC officer stops me with my homemade tag on the deer. I think the same programming "geniuses" were used for this system as Obama's healthcare.

17-Sep-14
I got my lifetime license on time, applied for DMPs online and everything worked smoothly. Got the DMPs in the mail in a few days. Albeit, this was a little later so the numerous kinks I read about must of been resolved.

However, I question the idiots who decided to make the tags camo rather than the bright colors of previous years?

Oh wait, I filled out my tag and set it aside while I was gutting my deer and kicked some leaves over it. Or I accidentally dropped it on the way back to my truck as I don't want it to put it on the deer while dragging it so it doesn't get torn off. Now I can't find it because it's getting dark and it's CAMO. Frigging geniuses!!!!

P.S. I never realized it is so easy to read something when it is printed on camo!!. I'm going to change all my office paper to camo. (sarcasm)

18-Sep-14
NYS must have watch THE "SURVIVAL MAN"

18-Sep-14
I heard that NY did away with the Non Resident Sportsman license...is this true? Can anyone here shed some light on this for me?

18-Sep-14
The question I should have asked to new owners of a Life Time License is have you gotten your plastic card that they said they would mail in the letter that came with the back tag ect.?

18-Sep-14
@Longbeard....

sounds like no more combo licenses for res or non-res. see post from DEC website, hope it helps.

Combination Licenses

As of February 1, 2014, annual combination licenses like the Sportsman, Super Sportsman, and Conservation Legacy are no longer available for purchase. Individual licenses, privileges and permits will need to be purchased instead. Combination licenses that were purchased prior to February 1 will remain valid through September 30, 2014.

Lifetime Licenses

There are no changes to cost and license structure for lifetime licenses

04-Oct-14
Agreed Pat, the site is a mess. I had to call and speak to a cust service person and they werent the nicest either. It should be like some states where you pay for the license then print them out. my 02

05-Oct-14
The price for NR tags dropped about 30 %, so I guess there's one positive thing that happened this year in NY. STM.

08-Oct-14
Question, I still havent had my licenses mailed to me! Bow and gun and my DMP

can I go bow hunting? This is seriously impeding my season! Im furious! and phone calls get me "well, we're back logged with mailing the licenses out"

08-Oct-14
If you ordered your licence on line you should have recieved a reciept with all you tag/doc numbers? I would think the DEC would accept this.

09-Oct-14
Update: I called, they said I can NOT hunt without the carcass tags attached to the license. I told her the season started Oct 1 and I bought the license Sept 15! This is unacceptable, and I asked for a refund so I can go to town hall and get it immediately. Her response? We dont issue refunds for online sales.

NYS DEC is a mess. I'm beyond angry.

10-Oct-14
I know it sucks and might cost you extra but can you go to an license issuing agent and say you lost tags and need new ones? At least you can hunt

10-Oct-14
if I wasn't so busy this weekend to hunt, (getting my driveway paved) id definitely go into a Walmart and just eat the 47$ but I'll wait it out until wed or thurs. Im planning to go out in westchester next weekend.

24-Oct-14
The online system does suck. After 3 hours of fighting with it I gave up. I was planning a weekend up there so I went last Friday and went into town hall where I was told that i needed a copy of my bowhunter safety course # from 30 yrs ago or I couldnt get a bow tag. Gun was easy--just mt Ct lic was all I needed. After a call to Ct DEEP which was no help, I called Sessions Woods and Steve over there was remarkable. He was able to find all my info and finally fax it to New York and was all set. Going to hunt this weekend. thx to Steve Rick

• Sitka Gear