Wild Bill 23-Jul-14
CTCrow 23-Jul-14
Stlhtr 23-Jul-14
fingers 24-Jul-14
DeerDan 24-Jul-14
grizzlyadam 24-Jul-14
Gene 24-Jul-14
22-Jul-14
I use the Primo's Lil Can. That's about all I use.

22-Jul-14
Snoring usually works. Im convinced everytime I fall asleep a trophy deer walks by my stand! LOL Although I do use a grunt call if I spot a buck. Ive had luck with them responding to the grunt but I actually have never been able to get a shot at one.

22-Jul-14
I have had a lot of success with the grunt call. Not much else.

22-Jul-14
Occasional light grunt during the rut I've called a couple in. But other than that making zero sound and not putting them on alert works best in this state I find.

22-Jul-14
I agree with ROBz7 light grunt calls work best in CT

23-Jul-14
I use the can a grunt call and a rattling bag have had luck with all but just on the lucky side I would say ,

23-Jul-14
Primos lil can is the only one I know that worked. I've tried grunts and rattling with no apparent success. Either they weren't there to hear or spotted me before I ever saw them. I keep a snort call handy when still hunting and used properly it works great.

23-Jul-14
Ive called in two bucks with a grunt and one with a bleat can. Never a response from rattling.

23-Jul-14
I've had deer come to grunts, bleats, snorts and rattling. My first bow kill was a doe I called away from her companions feeding under a nearby white oak tree. At that time I used the Kmeer Deer and it made a meeuuu sound. Most of the deer I've called and killed, came to the Lil' can.

23-Jul-14
Who started this thread? First message disappeared and it looks like I started it.

23-Jul-14
I like my true talker and Night hale grunt tubes the best. Have two size cans in my pack during the rut and a rattle bag. I always have a good grunt tube with me from the 15th through the 31st of December.

24-Jul-14
I use A - Way hands free grunt tube , the best sounding deer call I ever used. I have called in a lot of deer with that call and shot deer that came in from that call. I NEVER go in the woods without it . Never had any luck with the can call.

24-Jul-14
The primo's lil can is the only one that works for me. I have a spot with a lot of small bucks, during the rut last year it worked almost every time! Nothing I wanted to shoot but.

24-Jul-14
Agree ROBZ7!

24-Jul-14

Gene's embedded Photo
Gene's embedded Photo
The only luck I have had with "the can" was throwing the damn thing to get a bedded deer to stand up. I have never had any luck with the can. I have grunted in bucks and have also rattled them in. My success with grunting has been grunting at bucks that were cruising past. The buck in the photo was stopped by grunting and called to me. Also the same with rattling but I have rattled at small bucks and watched them turn and run. I have found that rattling seems to work best during pre-rut in early November. Other than trying to call in deer that are passing by out of range, I like just being quiet.

• Sitka Gear