David Mitchell 28-Jul-14
Traditional Beagle 06-Aug-14
Ron Miller 12-Aug-14
Saxton 13-Aug-14
L.S. 13-Aug-14
babysaph 13-Aug-14
Jim Casto Jr 13-Aug-14
25-Jul-14
I don't watch reality shows. I just think their not anywhere close to reality. I don't get them and I don't understand why people do.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with them, tons of people obviously enjoy them because they are popular, and that's fine. I have good friends that never miss an episode of Duck Dynasty. They have a family night where every one comes over and watches it. I think that's a good thing, it brings families together to share something.

I've watched exactly one episode, didn't really enjoy it, and haven't watched it again. I don't think my tastes are better or worse than anyone else's. We all have different shows that we like or don't like for whatever reason and that's fine. That's why we have 500 stations on TV.

But here's my question, while watching TV there was a commercial about an upcoming episode of DD. It had Si (?) going thru a grocery store just tossing stuff in his buggy because the stuff was on sale and the prices were too good to ignore. Phills(?) wife was with him telling him he didn't need any of the stuff he was buying. His response was that he knew but the prices were so low that he couldn't pass it up.

I was like Really?, Really? Are things so bad that this is the highlight commercial scene of the show???

I don't live in NY or Paris. I don't go to wine and cheese parties, fine art to me is a solid L.C. Smith with good burl. I grew up in an old mining town and spend my time in Southern WV. But if that's what the highlights of Duck Dynasty is, then to me it just looked stupid. And I really don't understand why people watch it?

25-Jul-14
It's unwatchable to me too. That is what is wrong with our country. We pay these people to produce nothing.,

25-Jul-14
I watch it and enjoy it and so does the rest of my family. Sure some of it is made up who cares. I don't have to listen to people cussing or shoving homosexuality, sex or other politically correct stuff down our throats. Its a family show and they end each episode with a prayer. Better than watching some of the other junk that is on tv.

25-Jul-14
I respect the father. He achieved wealth and fame the old fashioned way, hard work, commitment to his family and religion. I know I'm cynical but it seems like the rest of the family used his wealth and reputation to short cut the cycle. When you start filming fake grocery store visits and selling chia pets of yourself it's just a bit much in my book. Just my opinion.

26-Jul-14
Remember the Seinfeld Show claiming to be the first show about nothing. LOL

Gobbler its like you said everyone has different taste. I believe your question on Si's shopping spree which I have not seen the commercial yet - would be a take off of the old joke where a guy's wife goes out and buys shoes because they were on sale and she comes back and tells him how much money she saved them even though she spent a ton money to buy them.

I don't know Gobbler I sort of think the rest of the family has just taken building their wealth to the next level. They are offering something which some people are willing to buy. Don't most other business families do the same - live off of what a former family member started?

And unless the show is something like the "American Restoration" show which gives some good ideas on restoring things what else do most shows produce other then entertainment? JR other than producing duck calls what else do they produce but entertainment? Televised sporting events - what do they produce for us? What - criminals going out and playing ball these days? It is all entertainment for those who see it that way and that is why we have all the multiple channels we do now... LOL

26-Jul-14
I agree everyone's taste is different but mine is exactly the same as Gobbler on this show.

27-Jul-14
I agree JayD.,I don't watch professional athletes that are over payed that can't even read. Our country is in sad shape. We pay these people for that.,I don't watch much tv. I still watch Andie Griffith reruns. And I didn't like Seinfield either. To each his own.

27-Jul-14
It's trickling down to college sports. I think every day this week there was an article about college players being arrested for some kind of felony.

27-Jul-14
You are right gobbler.

27-Jul-14
It's reality tv version of the Longest Yard movies! LOL

27-Jul-14
I like duck dynasty for the most part but don't get to watch it much and I think for the biggest reason it is good clean entertainment and they end the show in prayer you can't find many shows that doesn't have any filth in them even though it's a reality show the majority of it is made up for the ratings but how often do you hear of a network canceling or kicking someone off a show because if their faith I respect Phil Robertson for standing up to them and putting The Lord first if the rest if this nation was more like that we would all benefit from it

28-Jul-14
Gotta agree with you gobbler. I watched exactly part of one episode--couldn't take any more. :o)I don't think there is anything "real" about "reality" TV shows. However I do appreciate their values.

06-Aug-14
I don't get the reality shows popularity either. Like all of the hunting shows.

12-Aug-14
I've never watched 1 show, I say God bless them----as Dave say's---I appreciate their values.

God bless----->Ron

13-Aug-14
It is a good show. As for having made up scenes and dialog; so what.

EVERY show on the TV has script. I do not take it as "reality". I take it as a show that uses a real situation, or theme. Uses the actual people envolved not actors and produce a show.

IMO the only "reality" programs on TV are college sports. Even the news is skewed i.e. Fox v/s CNN.

13-Aug-14
At least they don't back down for what they beleave in. A&E did not scare them and Phil is still on the show. I am not to crazy about the Duck Dynasty but love the Duck Commander hunting shows, and I don't duck hunt.

13-Aug-14
I like that Phil didn't back down as well. Good for him.

13-Aug-14
When that show comes on, the wife gets up and goes to another room to another TV. She loves it, and never misses and episode.

:^)

• Sitka Gear