yukon roz 29-Jul-14
Stlhtr 29-Jul-14
bigbuckbob 29-Jul-14
Stlhtr 29-Jul-14
Stlhtr 29-Jul-14
Onthehunt 29-Jul-14
yukon roz 30-Jul-14
28-Jul-14
Funny story.. so I'm burning some brush in my field about a week ago. The burn is done and I'm raking up the ash and debris. I'm looking down raking. Out of the corner of my eye I see movement. I look up and see a deer not more then 40 yrd's from me just walking along on the enge of the field. I'm supprised its so bold.I stop raking and just start watching deer.only when I stop raking and am standing there watching deer does it get nervous and start flipping its tail. Soon after that it jumps into the woods and runs off. Appraently the deer knows raking is ok. People watching g it; not good.

28-Jul-14
I do most of my preseason scouting on my tractor the deer just look up for a minute then keep feeding as long as I don't stop to look.I have been fortunate as the farm I hunt lets my do all their brush cutting and I brush hog the field edges before they cut hay.Works out for everyone.Last time I went out at dinner time I counted 27 different deer.The latest I scout is around august 15th after that I try to stay away till the opener.

28-Jul-14
Damn,

I'm going to start riding my lawn tractor into the woods with a rake in my hand!! 27 deer, the tractor sounds like a new decoy,..........by John Deere. We should have put 2 and 2 together before with a name like that for a tractor!!

28-Jul-14

Stlhtr's embedded Photo
Stlhtr's embedded Photo
I mountain bike state land all summer to stay in shape for hunting season and ride up on deer all the time. They're used to mountain bikers and don't find me to be a threat. Many times I get a quick photo. I've almost run them over coming around a blind corner as well as black bears. The other day I was riding and pulled out my grunt tube and called two does to me. Here is a photo of a doe I nearly ran over, after jumping her I got off my bike and got within 10 yards to take this photo, if I was wearing camo and had my bow that doe would have been long gone!

29-Jul-14
If you were wearing camo and had your bow the deer would have been long gone!!

29-Jul-14
I want to try having patty drive the tractor and I'll walk on the off side behind the back tires and I'll stop when in range and have her keep drivng bet I'll get one, then just put the deer in the bucket and take it home to field drees in her garden.

29-Jul-14
My point was in regards to the context above that the fact that I was mountain biking and not hunting the deer was not alarmed. Had I been hunting, that same doe that I jumped would've taken off.

29-Jul-14
Stihtr,

I agree! Damn deer are so smart. I like yukon's plan of having his wife drive the tractor while he walks on the far side with bow in hand. Maybe you can get a friend to ride bike while you do the same??

29-Jul-14
Sounds like a plan. Lol

29-Jul-14
My bad bigbuckbob on the clarification above I mis read your coment. Thought you were quoting me because you misunderstood. I shouldn't read Bowsite when I'm stuck in traffic LOL

29-Jul-14
There is probably some law against baiting deer with tractors

30-Jul-14
I know what you mean onthehunt. The farmer told me I should shoot a deer off my deere !!But we all know you can't...

• Sitka Gear