Buck Watcher 28-Jul-14
WausauDug 28-Jul-14
Pete-pec 28-Jul-14
Pete-pec 28-Jul-14
WausauDug 29-Jul-14
Buck Watcher 29-Jul-14
WausauDug 29-Jul-14
28-Jul-14
how does aluminum compare w/ carbon when it comes to spine stiffness. I can shoot darts w/ my old Easton Superlite 2215's and w/ my Gold Tip 5575's I get some whip occasionally. I'm not shooting a super fast set-yp, Bear Game Over at 58# @28-1/2" so I didn't think I needed to go to 7595's?

28-Jul-14
Spine is spine no matter what they are made of. The spine of your GT 5575s are .400. What is the spine on the Superlight 2215? Being a different diameter or length and just a different arrow will change things. Your bow need to be tuned to each arrow. I have see 2 different brands (same length) of .340 spine shoot differently.

28-Jul-14
i guess thats what i'm asking, is the 2215 more like a .400 or a .340?

28-Jul-14
Doug, I shoot a 29" arrow, but 71 pounds. Had whip happening with 340's. Chatted with a fella on AT who just simply asked me to try a .300. I did, and won't go to anything with less spine. I am shooting like I was a kid again. I'm not going to pretend to understand kenetic energy too much, nor talk about arrow speed. I'm certainly shooting slower....but plenty fast, but most importantly straighter and more accurate to distances I would never think of at a deer.

I would try to talk anyone into a stiffer (heavier) arrow, if they had problems tuning. I had a left tear in paper that I'm confident was spine related versus rest or yolk related.

I never focused on tuning besides broadhead tuning, but I was getting those same bothersome random wayward whips. They are gone. I'm not suggesting a .300 necessarily, but try .340, or continue with aluminum.

28-Jul-14
Doug, I shoot a 29" arrow, but 71 pounds. Had whip happening with 340's. Chatted with a fella on AT who just simply asked me to try a .300. I did, and won't go to anything with less spine. I am shooting like I was a kid again. I'm not going to pretend to understand kenetic energy too much, nor talk about arrow speed. I'm certainly shooting slower....but plenty fast, but most importantly straighter and more accurate to distances I would never think of at a deer.

I would try to talk anyone into a stiffer (heavier) arrow, if the had problems tuning. I had a left tear in paper that I'm confident was spine related versus rest or yolk related.

I never focuse on tuning besides broadhead tuning, but I was getting those same bothersome wayward whips. They are gone. I'm not suggesting a .300 necessarily, but try .340, or continue with aluminum.

29-Jul-14
thanks Pete-pec, i think I'm going to give the 340's a try.

29-Jul-14
I just dug out an Easton catalog from 2004. It says a 2215 is a .420 spine.

29-Jul-14
that light spine didn't make sense to me at first but those arrows also have big turkey feathers for fletching which must be stabilizing the arrow flight. They literally twist or screw right into the target every time

• Sitka Gear