Buckiller 01-Aug-14
CTCrow 01-Aug-14
Brian M. 01-Aug-14
jdrdeerslayer 01-Aug-14
Fess613 07-Aug-14
29-Jul-14
So excited that I had to share this:

NEVER GIVE UP!

Two years ago I inquired about gaining permission to hunt private land near my house. The owners live out of state so I called to speak with them. Anyhow, the owner was not happy about me asking and told me no. It did not go good at all and I thought I would never get it. That was 2 years ago.

Well, I am a man of faith I felt like God was telling me to ask again. I was not too keen in the idea as it was a very pensive conversation last time.

In faith, I mailed a letter to the owners. 2 weeks go by and I hear nothing. So, this AM I asked God to give me favor with the owners and open the door for me. In less than 2 hours, I got a phone call from the owner and we had an awesome conversation and I will be meeting up with her son to get the paperwork squared away.

65 acres of prime field and forest (a white oak grove of about 30 trees in one area. A 2 minute drive from my house and I'm the sole hunter on the property.

Thank you Heavenly Father for your blessing.

Never give up

29-Jul-14
Congrats. Sounds like a its going to be a great season.

30-Jul-14
Amen and good luck this season

30-Jul-14
Why the change of heart on her side? People don't usually change their feelings on hunting.

30-Jul-14
Divine intervention at its finest!

30-Jul-14
Congrats!

30-Jul-14
Best of luck to you on your new property, sounds like a nice piece.

30-Jul-14
Great job !!

I too have ben working to pick up a new farm this year I have had my eye on. And wouldn't you know it - the other day I get an email from the sister giving me the green light - the place is over 1000 acres so now its time to do some scouting

Good luck this year guys

30-Jul-14
Brian,

In the letter I offered to keep an eye on it for them and even hang some posted signs. They are going to give me stewardship rights over the land to monitor it for them.

Last time, I spoke to her on phone and never got 60 seconds into the conversation. This time I sent a letter.

31-Jul-14
Buckiller, I think you are being much too hard on yourself. I don't think getting permission on a 65 acre piece and keeping it all to yourself makes you a Land Ho.

Now if it was 1000 acres and you kept all of your friends out, that might be seen by some to be pretty Ho-ish, or if you had permission on a place with a friend, and you talked the owner into kicking him off, that would be pretty bad, but 65 acres sounds like a nice property, enjoy it, and cut yourself some slack.

01-Aug-14
Haha Ace!

Actually this is a great year for aquiring land to hunt!!!

By Gods grace I just picked up 18.6 acres of virgin land loaded with deer and turkey in Norwich. Land owner wants them Dead. Destroying his garden

01-Aug-14
Ok, now you are annoying and I can see you gloating from here. ;-)

Don't you just love it when things come together.

01-Aug-14
When one aquires, one loses.

I lost two properties this year, 11 acres in Mystic, 58 in Killingly. Time to start looking for more.

01-Aug-14
Same for me every year loose a few and gain a few....just gotta keep at it. Nice score tho congrats

07-Aug-14
I'v gotta start going to church again.. :-|

• Sitka Gear