bgram 14-Sep-14
gobbler 14-Sep-14
Little Bear 15-Sep-14
shakyheadsabol 16-Sep-14
Little Bear 17-Sep-14
29-Jul-14

Little Bear's embedded Photo
Little Bear's embedded Photo
Just so noone misses the announcement burried in the thread "almost time" I wanted to post the flyer inviting all bowhunters to the Fall Rendezvous.

Pipestem is a great State Park with lots of attractions in addition to the bow shooting.

Come on out and fling some arrows!

30-Jul-14
Would love to come, but will be busy HUNTING those wily urban whitetails in Morgantown by that time. ;)

30-Jul-14
Is there any flyers posted around or any ads placed in the trading journals and news papers?

31-Jul-14
Should be. Ads running in August. Flyers should be out.

31-Jul-14
Great event. ..great park lots of family fun stuff to do...i got to get our room reserved over looking the bluestone gorge...

31-Jul-14
George likes to try and hit deer in the head with empty whiskey bottles. He holds the record with 5 in a row.

31-Jul-14
I'm just glad it's close to the house now if work don't mess me up again I will be there this year

01-Aug-14
Would like to go, but will be in Colorado chasing elk.

01-Aug-14
Well just rub it in a lil why don't ya fnshtr lol jk good luck to and bring back some pics

01-Aug-14
The lodge is booked up for the week end--just checked. :o(

02-Aug-14
Well how much ya willing to pay lol I don't live but 30 minutes away if ya don't mind screaming kids a barking dog and a nagging wife hahaha

02-Aug-14
I finally got a room for sat nite,,, on waiting list for Friday nite,,,

03-Aug-14
Will be at the beach. Don't ask me, I just do what I'm told. 8^)

03-Aug-14
Dont give up on rooms they had a few open up..I got one for friday and sat

03-Aug-14
I hope to get to come to this great event.I went last year and had a great time.I'm going to stay at my camp at Hinton. Pipstem is a nice place.

03-Aug-14
Well, not to complain but I didn't know about this event until seeing this thread. I recently was looking for more shoots to attend since the demise of ERBA-- not in the Spring/summer 2014 Voice. Sure would have been nice to have it advertised well in advance of the date so folks could get rooms reserved. I'll check back on that and see if anything is still available. It is a popular resort park and I imagine rooms are pretty well booked as they get closer to fall.

03-Aug-14
It says these dates are not available. Guess I'll just drive down for the day.

04-Aug-14
There is usually plenty of camping spots available. You might want to see if they have any rooms in their Mountain Creek Lodge where you take the tram down and back up. They have cabins also if you want to get a few friends to gether and share a place.

Pipestem is supposed to have a block of rooms for us but can't blame them for booking up if the business is good. Maybe we need to increase the rooms they are holding for us if we are using them all now as this shoot grows in popularity.

04-Aug-14
Isn't that the first day of squirrel season?

06-Aug-14
We have a squirrel season? When did that start?

06-Aug-14
For me the 13th. Lol. Gotta eat.,

11-Aug-14
ttt

22-Aug-14
Hope to get o make it down. It has been a long while since I have been to one. Thanks to WVBA for all of the hard work that goes into the events!

22-Aug-14
Me and wife make a weekend out of it ,,,,we all meet at BBQ place across from park on Friday nite,,,, great event great location

29-Aug-14
Just called the lodge and was able to snag a room for Friday night. Looking forward to it.

29-Aug-14
Hope you get there in time to shoot the coon shoot Friday night. I'll see you on Saturday and don't forget to bring the "FREE shoot" card from your renewal.

Hope the weather turns out as nice as it was last year.

29-Aug-14
The coon shoot is Saturday night.

30-Aug-14
Thanks for that correction.

05-Sep-14
Hope to see lots of shooters getting ready for the start of archery season at the last 3D event of the year!

09-Sep-14
there might be one room left for friday and sat I had to cancel mine for weekend due to my roof on house decided to leak a bit and got to work on it saturday.. but plan to be up to work shift and hang out some on saturday.... first time I have missed whole weekend at the fall rendezvous rats!!!!!

10-Sep-14
A Day to Serve - this was just brought to my attention. So if anyone coming wants to bring some canned goods we will collect it at the sign-up area and make sure it gets delivered to one of the offical drop-off locations.

This will be a great way to show our support to help those in need.

September 11-28, 2014 Days to Serve - Can Do! Pipestem Resort State Park will collect non-perishable canned foods September 11-18, 2014 as a Day to Serve activity. Donations of food will be provided to local food bank. Food donations of 4 or more cans will receive a 'Can Do' certificate. Donations are accepted at designated drop off areas at McKeever Lodge. Day to Serve is a unique annual event uniting people of all faiths, races, cultures, and backgrounds with the shared goal of helping those in need and improving the communities where we live. Day to Serve began in 2012 as a collaboration between the governors of MD, VA, WV and the mayor of DC. They encouraged the creativity of individuals, families, groups and communities to meet the needs that they saw in their own backyards.

10-Sep-14
We have some real nice novelty prizes (ladder tree stand and a 3D target). Per President authorization, to increase your chances of winning and to encourage donations, we will give one ticket per can donated to anyone making a donation to this food drive effort.

So consider bringing a bag of canned goods with you to the shoot this weekend.

Thanks for the support!

11-Sep-14
to the top, want to make sure information on the food drive is seen...

12-Sep-14
The range crew reports everything is set and looking good - ready to fling some arrows!

For those WVBA members that renewed your memberships, bring those free shoot cards. If you are not a member, come join and you get to shoot free!

See ya there!

12-Sep-14
Goin to try my best to make it down don't know bout shootin very much if at all got some stitches put in my back today but goin to try and talk my brother into coming down and atleast joining anyway

14-Sep-14
I got to shoot late today and had a great time. Thanks to all for your hard work in putting this event on.

14-Sep-14

bgram's embedded Photo
bgram's embedded Photo
We had a great time at the shoot, job well done. Thank you to everyone who made it happen. As you can hopefully see if I added it right, my protection detail for the day sniped a would be threat for the safety of park deer.

14-Sep-14

bgram's embedded Photo
bgram's embedded Photo
Sorry about the large pic, cropped this one so hopefully it'll be a bit smaller.

14-Sep-14
Looks like he had a great time!

15-Sep-14
I guess I didn't win the treestand.

16-Sep-14
its been a while since i have been here, but i wanted to let the folks at the WVBA know that a good friend of mine Emanuel Jimenez that has just moved here from NC and shot with you sunday had an absolutelty wonderful time and spoke very highly of the people and organization. "Manny" as we call him is a blessing to the sport and to me for re-igniting my love of archery that i had seemed to lose the last few years.

keep up the great work!

17-Sep-14
Glad he had a good time. The guys that set the range did a great job. Lots of good compliments. We had someone from Florida shoot with us as well. I didn't know we were going to draw from NC and FL. LOL!

We exceeded 150 shooters so a little down from last year but still a good turn out considering the weather.

I know there were lots of new members signing up so that's a great thing.

• Sitka Gear