dougell 30-Jul-14
bill v 30-Jul-14
Rut Nut 30-Jul-14
exsanguinator 30-Jul-14
Gonzo 31-Jul-14
dougell 31-Jul-14
DaleHajas 31-Jul-14
30-Jul-14
This needs incorporated into the bowhunter-ed program.The new perspective on aiming for the guts so you don't catch the shoulder blade.Wow

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php? v=10152324658228510&set=vb.62949373509&type=2&theater

30-Jul-14
Theres a thread over on the big game forum too. Bill V

30-Jul-14
WOW! So we should aim for the center of the deer so we never hit the shoulder?! I am speechless!

I have always aimed right behind the shoulder and only hit the near shoulder once in over 20 years. It went right thru the shoulder blade. Hit the far shoulder on a quartering away shot and sliced thru part of the shoulder blade last year. Recovered both deer fairly easily. THe one that hit the near shoulder went a bit farther, but was an easy tracking job.

30-Jul-14
My main concern when shooting is to kill the animal for quickest recovery so that the meat is good. I don't want to take any shot that will intentionally hit any organs other than heart and lungs. I do not want the deer lying over night, I want that deer field dressed, skinned and quartered and in my "deer meat fridge" ASAP and ASAP means within hours of the shot. Not the next day. It doesn't always go down that way but that is the intention..

31-Jul-14
Yes Doug, there is alot of bad information on the outdoor channels, that why I don't watch it. The criterior for getting it on film is more important than the animal itself. Sad....

31-Jul-14
I agree.I watch bits and pieces of them as I'm channel surfing but rarely have the stomach to watch an entire show.I watched one this morning for about 15 minutes wondering when the guy was gonna hunt.They had close-ups of his speedometer,wheels turning,getting dressed,spraying on his scent shield and applying his camo face paint but I never saw the guy enter the woods.I flipped the channel before I figured out if he was hunting or just getting ready for the prom lol.

31-Jul-14
:) I remember having to hear about Chuck Adams and his femoral artery shots for about 5 years. Each class kind of told you which folks went to the outdoor show lol

Chuck and Flintknocker were close buds :)

• Sitka Gear