retro 30-Aug-14
Bloodtrail 30-Aug-14
Bloodtrail 30-Aug-14
HunterR 30-Aug-14
Bloodtrail 30-Aug-14
Bloodtrail 31-Aug-14
HunterR 31-Aug-14
31-Jul-14
I've had it with Muzzy mx-4 fixed blades. Still have plenty of time to try something new before the rut begins. Doing some horn work on last years buck got me motivated for change after thinking about that tracking job.

I've used Muzzy blades for 15yrs. Ive only not recovered one deer but blood trails are usually hard to see dispite excellent shot placement and my eyes aren't getting any better.

Shooting a Bowtech Destroyer 350 with ICS Bowhunter 340 carbon arrows. I'd like to stick with a fixed blade but open to options.

I know this debate is like Ford VS Chevy but post what you use and why.

31-Jul-14
Yep Ford or Chevy! I've shot Muzzy 3 blades for years and been very happy with them. My general advice is to pick a well known brand be it fixed or mechanical and you'll be fine.

31-Jul-14
Search VPA broadheads on Google and pick your poison. Most have better luck getting the vented to fly well. I have had no problems getting the vented and unvented to fly. I have not shot an animal with them yet. I also really like Slick Tricks. The new Muzzy Trocar also looks great, I haven't tried them yet but will as I'm a broadhead junkie.

31-Jul-14
To me, and I've tried a ton of them, both mechanical and fixed, the best all around broadhead is the G5 Striker. Super tuff, flies great, great penetration even on bone.

31-Jul-14
No ford or chevy. Tundra all the way!

31-Jul-14
Anything Sharp that flies straight.

31-Jul-14
I have used QAD Exodus, Trufire T-1 and NAP Hellrazors with no issues. If I had to choose one it would be the Exodus. It is a sharp, tough head and the design makes it no longer than a FP. Made in USA too.

01-Aug-14
For my money a NAP Spitfire or a RAGE broadhead - the hot ticket!

Shoot what ya like different strokes for different folks - I'm sold and have been for many years!

Bunch of deer and bear and no problems.

01-Aug-14
Muzzy 100gr, 3 blade. Always liked the idea of being able to find them, or spare blades in any archery shop, sporting goods store, where ever I am hunting ... just in case. ;)

01-Aug-14
Slick Tricks are awesome

01-Aug-14

deadeye's Link
Personally I think that Dirt Nap Gear Broadheads are worth giving a look. First off, the customer service is outstanding. Tom is a stand up guy that stands behind his product. Not to mention they have a lifetime guarantee.They shoot great and always impress with the penetration. Check them out

01-Aug-14
Slick Tricks for me too.

01-Aug-14
IMO. whatever shoots best out of your set-up and you have confidence in. For me that is slick tricks.

01-Aug-14
Another vote for Slick Tricks. Fly like darts and are as tuff as nails.

01-Aug-14
I've used Magnus Stingers for 12 years or so. Have killed bucks, bears, moose, antelope and assorted things...fly great and with a lifetime guarantee how can you go wrong..

01-Aug-14
I shoot the G5 T3's. Really like the steel and the way they fly.

01-Aug-14
Yes, it a pretty personal choice and what works for you may not work for me and vise versa! But yep, shoot what shoot's best for you!

02-Aug-14
I second the Magnus Stingers.

02-Aug-14
Slick Tricks

02-Aug-14
Slick Tricks

06-Aug-14
To this day, I prefer the 125 grain Thunderhead. Literally had one blow through the front shoulder plate and stick in the opposite shoulder. It cut a major artery and the deer was down in seconds. I am still blown away by how it busted through that much bone. The arrow disintegrated on impact. All I shoot is 60 lbs.

06-Aug-14
Slick Tricks here also.

06-Aug-14
What are slick tricks?

06-Aug-14
Magnus - http://www.magnusbroadheads.com/categories/Stinger-Broadheads/

DRT - http://www.dirtnapgear.com/store/p3/Dead_Right_There_%28DRT%29_Broadheads_.html

So many heads on the market today and really most will all get the job done. At the end of the day its how much life do they provide for the $ spent.

The 2 above have lifetime guarantees and they are priced fair to start with. This is the reason they are the top of my list!

disclaimer: I shoot German Kinetic silver flames and will until I am out, I shoot these because I appreciate the craftsmanship that went into the originals. Now that they are no longer made that way the top 2 listed brands will get my $.

20-Aug-14
Anything Sharp that flies straight will do the trick but that being said I'm hung up with the Snuffer in 125g.

20-Aug-14
RAGE!!

21-Aug-14
Squid - You are so RIGHT!

Hard to buy a bad broadhead these days! Hard to buy a bad bow these days as well.

Shoot what fits you!

21-Aug-14
Montec or Hellrazor

21-Aug-14

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
10orbetter,

They're broadheads ;^)

Thunderheads are good and I used them years ago but Slick Tricks are better. Here's a photo of the Magnum.

I've also killed a lot of elk and deer with Wasp SST and Boss fixed blade heads. I feel they're better than Thunderheads too mainly due to the better tip and blade retention system.

21-Aug-14

Cheesehead Mike's Link
Here's a link to Slick Tricks.

They're also very popular with elk hunters.

21-Aug-14
I use Slick Tricks as well. This year I went up from 100gr to 125gr.

Another thing to consider is if you decide to switch to mechanicals and hunt out west, some states do not allow them (Idaho for sure).

21-Aug-14
Idaho is definately behind the times then! Ashame!

22-Aug-14
Just curious Bloodtrail, how many elk have you killed with mechanicals?

22-Aug-14
Hoooold on there Howatt buddy!

Yes, he made no mention of elk but there are elk and for that matter moose in Idaho.

Don't go jumping to any conclusions about a tape measure contest. And I did read and understand Bloodtrail's comment about Idaho, I understand that he feels that Idaho is behind the times and it's shameful.

The point I was trying to establish was how much experience he has with killing elk with a mechanical. And I'll ask you the same question since you think it's silly.

I have hunted Idaho and yes they prohibit mechanicals there for all species. It could just be that Idaho feels that mechanicals are not appropriate for animals as large as elk (and moose) and since it would be hard to just prohibit them for elk and moose they chose to prohibit them for everything.

I was just trying to figure out if Bloodtrail knows more about killing elk than the state of Idaho does.

It's pretty easy to sit in Wisconsin and second guess an entire state so I was just wondering what his experience was...

And yes, I do have experience killing elk with a mechanical.

22-Aug-14
Many people who hunt idaho do so with a combo license.

The last time I hunted there the combo license allowed me to shoot an elk on the elk tag and a deer, bear or cougar on the deer tag. Therefore I was hunting 4 species of animals at the same time. If I had a moose tag it could be 5 species. It could become difficult and impractical to keep my broadheads straight depending on which species presented a shot if mechanicals were allowed for some but not all.

You're right, it's not about elk, it's about Idaho so don't go there if you don't like it.

I think it's funny when somebody sits half way across the country and criticizes another state when they may have no idea what conditions or factors the other state considered in making their decision.

Maybe Idaho is ahead of the times... ;^)

You think Idaho is bad, in Wyoming non-residents can't hunt big game in designated wilderness areas on federal land without a guide. We can hunt small game, fish, hike, camp or look at flowers but we can't hunt big game without a guide! Now that's something to be upset about!

23-Aug-14
Getting back on track - I have used the Slick Trick standard 125... I had good results with it, solid head......

I prefer the Razor Caps for a long time, just liked them

There are alot of great heads, as long as they shoot well out of your bows and are razor sharp.....

I have killed 2 bears with the yellow Bear Razor Heads and still like them, because they sharpen easy, but you have to touch them up.......

My biggest and only bull elk I got, I shot with the 125 grain 3 bladed muzzy..... Shot several cows with the Razor Caps....

Really there are so many........ I bought some Thunderheads this year, at the flea market, still new in the package, going to fool around with those....

Mechanicals - Know alot of guys who shoot deer and bear with the spitfires, they love them. I have never shot a mechanical...

I have some Ram Cats 125 grain, which I am going to try this year.........

Cheesehead - I hope to follow your elk hunt this year, when you post about it..... Good luck and be safe

23-Aug-14
Well, well Cheesehead, your back posting once again and ya havent let me down! Picked right up where ya left off! :^)

So let's get started shall we?

Let me answer your first question - NO. I have never shot a Elk with a mechnical. And, no I have never shot a moose either.

On the other hand, I dont need to shoot myself in the head with a .357 magnum to know it wont blow at least half my head off! :^)

Re-read my post - all I said was it was "ashame" Idaho is behind the times in broadheads. That was it...nothing more, nothing less.

From that you make all sorts of assumptions including that if I dont like it dont go there. What?

I like Idaho - I'm even thinking of getting a "I Love Idaho" bumper sticker! So now I should'nt go ther because I think it's ashame they are behind the times?

As our resident "elkologist", I would venture to guess you would know why the State prohibits the use of mechinicals and other States allow them for elk? There are states that allow mechinicals for elk are there not?

For the record, I think ever State and every licensed guide that prohibits the use of Mechnicals is nutz!

I have witnessed over and over what these devistating broadheads can do on large whitetails and black bears - it's nothing short of devistating!

So if you can kill an elk with a fixed blade no doubt in my mind you'd kill one with a mechinical - but then again - I have never shot an elk!

23-Aug-14

Bloodtrail's embedded Photo
Bloodtrail's embedded Photo
Buck I shot on opening day archery season. Broadhead: 100gr. NAP Spitfire!

Shot was a steep quartering shot - he bled so bad Ray Charles could have tracked that deer!

Looks like perhaps only one blade original opened untill the broadhead slammed home and deployed.

23-Aug-14
Nice buck, what county was that in......

24-Aug-14
Western Monroe - Thanks!

25-Aug-14
Bloodtrail,

I think you’re a little too obsessed with disagreeing and arguing with me regardless of what I say…

All I did was ask you a simple question about your experience with elk and mechanicals in an attempt to establish your level of expertise. After all, you of all people should know that it’s important to establish the credibility of a witness…

I don’t know why Idaho chose to outlaw mechanicals but I’m guessing they based their decision on more than the fact that you killed a whitetail buck with a mechanical or your very intelligent statement about what a .357 magnum “wont” do to your head. And by the way, if your .357 wont blow at least half your head off I have a .44 magnum you can borrow that probably will blow at least half your head off. ;^)

“All sorts of assumptions”, I don’t think so. I speculated about possible reasons why Idaho prohibits mechanicals but I made no assumptions and my comment about not going to Idaho was part of my conversation with Howatt, not you…

Answer this for me please; what does a guy who shoots whitetails and bears out of a treestand in Wisconsin know about all the conditions, factors and possibilities of hunting in Idaho?

Bottom line is that Idaho made a decision and neither you nor I know what it was based on or what conditions, situations or evidence they considered. For some reason though, you think you’re smarter than the State of Idaho because your .357 wont blow at least half your head off…

25-Aug-14
Mike - So good to hear from you again!

Your killing me Mike really - but heh, dont quit your day job!

Pretty funny stuff with the come back on the .357! Wow - and no openings for employment opportunities with "Saturday Night Live." Damn!

I know it "wont" blow at least half my head off - it will blow "most" of my head off! Just like I know if I shot a deer in Idaho, it will die just like it dies here in Wisconsin. That's the analogy Mike. Just an analogy.

Mike, all I did was mention that Idaho was behind the times and it was "ashame"....so then you ask about how many elk I have shot! Answer: None, zip, nada - nothing Mike! But then again - like a fellow bowsiter pointed out to you - I never mentioned Elk did I? You did that and that I guess, its OK....if we were talking about elk Mike - but we were not!

I dont need a "level" of expertise to make that statement Mike. Idaho is behind the times and yes, it's ashame! Infact I might just have a bumper sticker made stating that as well. I could place that one right next to my "I love Idaho" bumper sticker! I've killed a boatload of deer and enough black bear to know the devastating wound channels they produce.

You know my point Mike - I dont need to shoot an elk with a mechanical - either a Rage or NAP Spitfire to know it's not going to kill an elk or a moose! Ya think nobody has done that before? Well at least not in Idaho, legally I would think. But somewhere, someplace I'm pretty sure it's happened.

Here's the problem with Idaho or any guide out there that doesnt allow them in camp! First - their nutz! Secondly, they have no idea - not a clue, how deadly these broadheads really are - take a gander at the buck posted above? It looks like it's left side exploded - typical of a Spitfire or Rage.

And I'll answer your question Mike, cause I gotta get back to the "smokin hot" wife - (your not the only one that hangs with cute woman.)

First off - sometimes I shoot my whitetails from ground blinds - but anyhoot -

I really know nothing about the conditions, factors and possibilities as well as acid rain, the rain forest situation or taking long walks on a beach or nuclear reactors in the State of Idaho.

What I do know Mike, is that I dont have to drive out to Idaho to know that the simple act of screwing a Rage broadhead onto an arrow shaft in Idaho will not alter any chances of anyone killing a bear, deer or turkey in that great State! Just like it wont in Michigan, Minnesota, Alabama, California, Texas...you get my point!

Kinda like me shooting myself in the head - whether I do it in Wisconsin or Idaho - the results will be pretty much the same! Dead.

Great talking with ya again Mike! Remember, hang onto that day job now!! :^)

Tell Lester I said "Hey". Let him know I liked his piece on Horseshoe Moutain! Very nice.

Good Hunting Mike!

26-Aug-14
I took a little time away from the pretty wife to see who and what some elk hunters are using for broadheads!

Guess what - I'll be damned some are shooting mechanical broadheads and get this - they are killing elk!

I guess I should have looked earlier, but my gosh, I had no idea.

In fairness, some report they would never use one on an elk, but yet there are hunters using them and reporting dead elk!

I find that interesting!

But like I've said many time before, shoot what you have confidence in. Many, many great broadheads out there. I just happen to love my mechanicals! And that's OK!

26-Aug-14
I'm guessing the wife appreciated the break ;^)

Well there ya go, now you really are an expert.

You should run for President of Idaho...

26-Aug-14
Well I am going to be using Spitfires for Elk,Hope they work. They are the only one that fly to same point of impact as my field points. Now I cannot use Spitfire edge in CO. as it has a serrated blade. Any well placed broadhead =DEAD

26-Aug-14
Perhaps your bow needs a little tuning Redclub?

26-Aug-14
Mike - The hell with President - I just very well will someday be the "Grand Poobah" of the State of Idaho! And may I add that I may or may not allow you and Lester hunting privileges! And yes, everyone will be allowed to shoot mechanical broadheads!

So it may behoove you to just be a tad more aware of my outlook on things here on bowsite! Just saying!

Good Luck Redclub!

27-Aug-14
Patricia,

Do you really think your outlook is that important to me or anybody else...?

You'd never be able to keep up with us... let alone catch us in Idaho!

27-Aug-14
+1 Cheesehead Mike

27-Aug-14
Yes, Howatt...that is a good question! Who is Patricia?

Mike - your not lowering yourself to name calling are you?

Konk - Now that's funny!

27-Aug-14
Howatt - I think my friend Mike is taking a shot here! I'm pretty sure ole' Mike is referring to me.

You see my name is Patrick and so Mike thinks to make me look feminine or lady like he chooses to refer to me as: Patricia! Pretty snazzy Mike! Where do you come up with all this material man? Wasting all that talent walking around marking property lines? Wow!

Your a clever fella. But ya see Mike, I graduated high school back in 75' and so not so much into name calling anymore - but Thanks just the same!

My "outlook" - that was simply a "tongue in cheek" reference Mike. I know you dont care...that's a gimme! Your the kinda guy that cares about one thing in life.....yourself. I get it!

As far as keeping up with you and Lester? Your right I wouldn't be able to keep up with you such a dynamic duo! Your both so much stronger and better than me.

Funny, but I could be wrong here, but I dont remember ever asking to chum along with you and Lester? Hmmmm?

Oh well - Good hearing from ya again!

Good Hunting!

28-Aug-14
Oh why do I waste my time...?

Bloodtrail, your name is shown as "Pat" I just followed your lead and made an assumption about a name and got it wrong just like you did...

"Your the kinda guy that cares about one thing in life.....yourself. I get it!"

Very nice Pat, you think you know me...? You're going beyond tongue in cheek jabs here...

Have a nice life...

28-Aug-14
For the record, the only reason I mentioned broadhead restrictions was because the original poster clearly stated he was open to other options besides a fixed broadhead.

My intent was to save said person or anybody that reads this from a possible headache. Finding out something like a head restriction at the last minute before a trip could be a tad stressfull.

With that said...I fully intend to shoot an Idaho bull this weekend and use the same fixed blade broadhead on a WI whitetail come November!

28-Aug-14
Well Thanks for clearing that up Mike -

You must be referring to me referencing Lester - I have always called Lester..."Lester" - since day one! And let me say, he was a tad easier to get along with too! Not much...just a tad! :^)

I guess I could call him Les, if that bothers him or you. Sorry!

I like the name Lester, I had a pet rabbit once and my sister named it Lester. That rabbit was better looking than Les and his hair was a smig shorter!! :^)

Mike - I dont personally know you - so I shouldn't make assumptions (you know what they say about assumptions)!

That was a little harsh as I reflect back! Sorry Mike!

As far as that "life" thing - yuppers - going pretty good cant complain too loud. The wife has been working a ton of hours lately. Me...not so much! Be alot better once bear with the bow gets underway!

Wish me luck! I'm polishing those mechinicals Mike! LOL

Remember to tell "Les" I said "Hey"....He always said he was quite the bear hunter - is he hunting this year? If so - Good Luck!

28-Aug-14
You guyz behave or we will all get kicked out again;^)

28-Aug-14
Hey Mike- thanks for the hazmore suggestion it worked out well. Very comfortable.

29-Aug-14
Bump to the top so hopefully Mike and Bloodtrail will get back to the name calling and hair pulling it's quite amusing.

"You must be referring to me referencing Lester - I have always called Lester..."Lester" - since day one! And let me say, he was a tad easier to get along with too! Not much...just a tad! :^)I guess I could call him Les, if that bothers him or you. Sorry! I like the name Lester"

That I don't understand, assuming "Les" is short for "Lester" I don't see why Mike would take offense to that and go off the deep end protecting his little friend? Anyway who cares if I understand it you two girls back in the ring and get the hair pulling/kicking/biting/scratching under way!

29-Aug-14
To get the thread back on track, I prefer muzzy 4 blade, they kill just fine. For a time I shot expandables but was compensating for a tuning problem I didn't realize at the time. All about shot placement imo.

29-Aug-14
Watch your step HunterR - I'll drag your butt into the ring as well and do some hair pulling! And I promise you - it wont be pretty!! :^)

Your right - shoot what you think works best for you -my belief all along. Fixed - expandable whatever!

Years ago I would listen to nothing but badmouthing the expandables! All the time I was killing deer with them and thought what's the problem? I love my NAP Spitfires and Rage! Shoot em both and never had one problem - ever! But again - YOU have to shoot what YOUR confident with! It has to work for YOU - the hell with me! :^)

Yes, and I have said "shot placement" many, many times. I also said I could kill a deer with a target point based upon a well placed shot! I really think I could!

And seriously, I should not have called Les, Lester if that was a problem - I always did thou when we would banter back and forth in the day!

HunterR - while your at it - get busy over to the "Who are you" thread and post yourself with a bio! It can only spruce it up!

29-Aug-14
None of my local archery shops carried Slick Tricks so I ordered some. They arrived today and I will busy testing! They looklike a solid design. Thanks for the input guys

29-Aug-14
GoJakes- which ones did you end up with? I switched from Magnus buzzcuts to ST standards .

they are shooting right with my field points and seem like a good broadhead.

30-Aug-14
FIP - Hey someone woke you up! Great! So nice to hear from you as well!

I'm glad your guts hurt from laughing - nice to see it doesnt take a whole hellva lot to amuse you!

Perhaps a piece of string and a paper clip next time? That should put ya in a comma!

"It looks to me like a shit shot"

FIP, shame on you!!! Didn't your Mother ever teach you - "If you can't say something nice about someone, dont say anything?" I expected so much better of you -and I bet Mom did as well? Oh well!! :^)

Seriously, I'm scratching my head here, but I really dont recall asking you personally what the hell you thought. That would include "the shot" or anything else on this planet!

It has always amazed me, why some people after like 50 posts on a thread - decide to come out of no where - inject themselves into a thread - talk smack and play the fool! What drives a person to do that FIP?

Say, before I go - nice contribution to the "who are you" thread! Yep, some pretty classy stuff there my man!

Hey, why dont you post some of your great bucks that you...oh, that's right...sorry!

Hunt Safe!

30-Aug-14
"Watch your step HunterR - I'll drag your butt into the ring as well and do some hair pulling! And I promise you - it wont be pretty!! :^)"

Hopefully the bully/ hard arse (everyone better agree with me) mentality that often accompanies the majority of your posts is not a reflection of how you handle yourself in everyday life ;-)

30-Aug-14
anyone ever try the ulmer mechanicals ?

30-Aug-14
Speaking of Ulmer heads, I just read an article last night, on Brown Bear, in Alaska. The author, who is an accomplished Brown Bear Hunter, this is what he uses, and uses that head, all over the place........

In Alaska you can only get a brown bear tag once every 4 years. He is a pilot and Wasilla resident, so he can fly his super cub, and do all of this a DIY....

Now that has to be a good head. His last bear was a 10 footer, the hide alone weighed 163 pounds. I have followed him, on his Super Slam, very humble guy, who is a pilot for UPS.......

You should ask him about the head. His name is Frank Noska... maybe thru GSCO or I know Tom Miranda knows him, they have web sites, I think....

good luck

30-Aug-14
Mechanical broadheads offer one advantage over fixed blade heads. They fly from high speed compounds without any fuss. People are attracted to that. Once they reach the animal they offer no advantage over fixed heads. In some instances they are at a disadvantage. I dont like wasting money on overpriced hype with my equipment, so I shoot cut on contact fixed heads. Buy them for a fraction of the price of mechanical or replaceable blade heads, shoot them in the dirt, pick them up, sharpen them with a file. Repeat this process until you loose them.

30-Aug-14
Retro - I agree with you to a point. Once they reach the target - they deploy a wound channel that is pretty much like no other! The gapping holes offer massive wound channel that spill blood at high rates.

That being said - fixed blades will do the same to a point - my experence.

I buy my expandables online for a lot less than what one would pay for them from Cabela's or Scheel's. If you look you can save as much 10-15 dollars in the "off" season! Your right, they are sometimes crazy expensive and I wouldnt pay that!

Again - I suggest shooting what works best for yourself! Confidence in your equipment is huge in archery.

At the end of the day - it's all about shot placement!

Razor - I am not familiar with those - I'll give em a look - see!

HunterR - When ya dish it out..("girls in the ring"..."hair pulling/biting/scratching") YOU gotta be ready to take a little kidding! A little friendly banter. If I was such a "bully" or "hard ass" would I have asked you to post on the "Who are you" thread and saying you would spice it up? That's a bully/hard ass? That is a compliment!

I apologize if I offended you! I was clearly funnin'! Sorry!

Some mornings I cant do anything right!

30-Aug-14
"Once they reach the target - they deploy a wound channel that is pretty much like no other!" Not true. In the past Ive shot deer with the spitfire. Put it in the boiler room and they go down in a hurry. No argument here. Ive also had deer go down equally as fast shooting them with Bear Razorheads and Zwickey Deltas, which are both 2 blade heads. My argument is with effective shot placement, large cutting diameter broadheads arent required for quick kills with short bloodtrails. They will certainly give you that in some cases. As far as impressive wound channels, I can get the same effect as your spitfire, shooting a 160 Snuffer. Difference being, Im going to pick it up and resharpen it for free with my file while your going to have to order replacement blades from the manufacturer and get out your eye glass screwdriver to change blades. Just sayin. Same scenario with the rage broadhead. A 2 blade zwickey Delta or any number of fixed blade heads will give you that same wound channel your talking about. Advantage is they do it for a whole lot less money. And they do it over and over again until you lose them. Just making this point to maybe get some bowhunters to realize you dont have to pay stupid high prices for broadheads that marry you to the manufacturer. There are great alternatives for much less money if your interested.

30-Aug-14
Retro -

Shoot what your comfortable with. Confidence in your equipment is paramount!

I have paid dirt cheap prices on my broadheads. But ya know what - If I like them and they shoot good for "me" - cost is not a factor - at the moment of truth - when the cards are on the table - I know I'm going to hit where I am aiming!

A 160" buck at 15 yards with a broadhead I have confidence in and has proven deadly to me time after time - priceless!

I love my expandables, they serve me well!

So ya need to shoot what ya like! And I do understand what your saying - good points to consider I believe!!

Gotta do what's right for you the bowhunter!

30-Aug-14
FIP - You appear quite fixated with that picture of the buck! It was a good shot, hit where I was aiming and a ton of blood and short track!

How can you say the shot was "poor" when the deer is dead? I dont get that! If it was poor, it would be still running through the woods!

I originally posted that picture because people would claim that expandables "on steep quartering shots" bounce off the rib cage - deflect - dont open, yada, yada, yada!

That picture is proof positive that steep quartering shots with a NAP spitfire can be devastating and very do-able!

So, now that we have that out of the way FIP - let's see some posts of your deer and your shots. I would be very interested in evaluating them, much like you have mine!

I'll wait - but I wont hold my breath!

Good chatting again!

Shoot straight!

30-Aug-14
"I apologize if I offended you! I was clearly funnin'! Sorry!"

I took no offense and no apology necessary, just stating my opinion of what I've noticed with several of your posts in many different threads on this forum.

30-Aug-14
Well Hunter I can tell ya this - I'm definately a type A personality. I can be confrontational and those that choose to make fun, belittle or talk trash - I'm more than willing to step up to the plate.

Is that the right approach - perhaps not!

But when you make fun of Mike and I for acting like girls (ect) I felt the need to respond and I did it in a funning manner and paid you a compliment as well.

Should I have said some of the things I have in the past - not so sure - the good folks on this site thankfully outweight the bozo's!

I count you as one of the better folks!

31-Aug-14
Well this deer was not shot in the ass, nor the backbone or even the guts! It was shot in the boiler room, ran 60 yards and dropped over.

Not only was it an outstanding shot it plainly shows the devastation delivered by a NAP Spitfire! The wound channel delivered was massive.

You wernt there FIP so you really need to get over it! I've been bowhunting more than 40 years FIP - I know a good shot when I see it. And ah ya...that's right - you didn't see it!

But of course you pass judgement from your computer - you really are something else.

Now that we have that cleared up for the 10th time, -how about some of your shots? Do you have any? Being the "shotologist" you must have something you can share with us! Post away my friend!

If ya havent made a bad shot in 10 years you must have scores of pic's to share!

Still waiting!

31-Aug-14
"Well Hunter I can tell ya this - I'm definately a type A personality. I can be confrontational and those that choose to make fun, belittle or talk trash - I'm more than willing to step up to the plate.

Is that the right approach - perhaps not!

But when you make fun of Mike and I for acting like girls (ect) I felt the need to respond and I did it in a funning manner and paid you a compliment as well.

Should I have said some of the things I have in the past - not so sure - the good folks on this site thankfully outweight the bozo's!

I count you as one of the better folks!"

Bloodtrail, nice post. You make a couple good points and when I think about the overall picture, I consider you one of the good guys also. Happy hunting to you.

• Sitka Gear