dc-archer 11-Aug-14
Bloodtrail 11-Aug-14
Redclub 11-Aug-14
Cootswatter 15-Aug-14
happygolucky 15-Aug-14
05-Aug-14

TrapperJack's embedded Photo
TrapperJack's embedded Photo
I know no politics or negative stuff today but I feel this really needs to be passed on. Muck boots support HSUS and that's not good for hunters or trappers. #MuckTeam raised over $2,000 for The Humane Society of the United States in memory of one of our own. #MuckBoots #Boots #Fundraiser #GivingBack

05-Aug-14
Their mission is to destroy farming, research, hunting, trapping, fishing... Any consumptive use of any animals... They want to ban using hunting dogs.. Look who is behind every lawsuit to stop hunting/trapping... Every one. They give 1% to shelters an operate zero shelters. They believe animals should not be considered property as they have rights equal to ours.. Since we are animals too..

05-Aug-14
I guess unless the some out with an apology it will be Lacrosse boots for me now.

05-Aug-14
thats disappointing, even the dog kennel we use has a poster on the wall stating the HSUS's real agenda and where the money goes

05-Aug-14

Pasquinell's Link

05-Aug-14
I just got the under armour rubber boots for fathers day and I am highly impressed

05-Aug-14
I just sent them an email stating that they wouldn't be getting any more of my business. Too bad I liked my pair of Woody Armors.

05-Aug-14
email set from here too. This is very sad to see from a company whose bread is buttered by hunters.

05-Aug-14

happygolucky's Link
This is getting good attention on the BFG site with many people emailing Muck. Buy Lacrosse!!!!

05-Aug-14
Was a misprint on Muck Boots site.

https://www.facebook.com/MuckBoot/posts/10152239000666921?fref=nf

05-Aug-14
Sounds like a first-class PR mess to me... Hard to gauge the truths here yet at this point as the PR spin-cycle has definitely been turned into high gear now and we may never know the truth. -Would like to see some action ($$ donation) made towards sportsmen in good faith.

05-Aug-14
Man typo or not they will cost themselves a lot of sales.

05-Aug-14
Its all over FB as well. I love the boots but this fundraiser was bs.

06-Aug-14
I wouldn't read too deep into this. Might be making a mountain out of a mole hill. Sounds more like an emotional response to the loss of a pet. Heck, my own daughter who is far from anti anything wanted to make a donation to the Humane Society in the name of our hunting dog when it passed. I said for what? Her response was, they have puppies. 2 K is a drop in the bucket!

06-Aug-14
Well, didn't our own DNR partner with the HSUS? If my memory serves me correctly - now how bad can they be?

Dump HSUS and any product they endorse or vise versa!

06-Aug-14
10 I agree, Even if they did get dooped so do thousands of people everyday by their fancy advertising.

06-Aug-14
-That doesn't make it right, Zinger or 10orbetter. Your daughter making a donation is one thing, but when it is a source that many of us (as sportsmen) financially back they have an unwritten duty to us. - A $1 public contribution would be too much in my opinion.

Like I stated before, I will let the dust settle, smoke clear and make an educated determination moving forward as who will get my family's boot biz.

06-Aug-14
Duke - spot on!

06-Aug-14
WELL ITS ALL A BIG MISTAKE!

Muck Boots says (on facebook) that those dollars went to a local Humane Society and not the HSUS - glad that got cleared up!

06-Aug-14
It was very nice spin and cover-up by Muck. Once they started getting hammered on, all of a sudden all the people facing apps like Facebook, which clearly stated HSUS, were suddenly wrong. Muck them. Lacrosse for me.

06-Aug-14
Duke that doesn't make it right, you are correct about that. Reality everyone has an agenda these days and we all make mistakes. My bet, having worked in Marketing/P.R. it is probably one individual given a little responsibility and power deciding to take advantage of the opportunity. But, then again, crap does flow down hill. And Duke you are fully within your rights to decide on a different manufacture of boots. That is what makes this grand experiment called America so cool.

11-Aug-14
Mine are still going strong, so they won't be thrown away over this. Might affect future purchases, depending how this turns out.

11-Aug-14

dc-archer's Link
The Humane Association of Northwestern Rhode Island issued a statement on Facebook that said they had not received a donation from Muck and people should stop contacting them to ask about it. The message was later taken down and on August 7 a message was posted thanking Muck for a donation. So there may have been some backtracking done to clean up the mess. Actually I think some good has come out of the whole situation, it has made a lot of people realize what a scam HSUS is.

11-Aug-14
Something stinks! First they didint get a doanation - then they did get a donation?

Come on.....

11-Aug-14
BT,yep it sure does, At the deer fest,critter was giving a pretty good deal on Mucks,I passed on them regretfully

15-Aug-14
In an official statement from the company, they explain the confusion:

We would like to respond to our loyal customers and provide additional information about recent posts on social media regarding a monetary donation to a local animal care organization. Our post inaccurately stated that a donation was made to The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). Moreover, the post itself was inappropriate under the circumstances.

Family members of an employee who recently passed away requested that, in lieu of flowers, co-workers donate funds to the Humane Association of Northwestern Rhode Island, a local association founded in 1978 to solve community issues primarily related to stray cats. They are not affiliated with HSUS as the posts incorrectly stated.

The money is not a corporate donation, but a collection of personal contributions from employees with the intent of remembering a beloved co-worker. While our intentions were good, the use of corporate social channels under these circumstances was inappropriate.

Muck Boots has a heritage of respect for the outdoors and for nature. We apologize for the anger and confusion the posts have caused and have removed them from our social channels.

A good cover-up story or an honest mistake, you can be the judge. Copies of the two Facebook posts causing the controversy can be found in this Farms.com web story. Both have since been removed from the company’s page.

Continuing the dialogue on social media, the Humane Association of Northwestern Rhode Island says that they have not yet received the above mentioned donation. In a Facebook post, they state, "Please stop calling us to ask, we have enough to do caring for the animals in our shelter and taking care of out clinic patients."

15-Aug-14
Cover up for sure. They don't get the recipient 100% wrong like that and then have to remove it after getting clobbered by hunters.

• Sitka Gear