grizz2 11-Aug-14
vvreddy 14-Aug-14
grizz2 15-Aug-14
scentman 16-Aug-14
CurveBow 22-Aug-14
07-Aug-14

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo
About 4 weeks ago now we planted a food plot in a mucky cornfield end known for wet soil (an not worth getting a tractor stuck in)...however we've never gotten over 10" of rain in a weeks time span to really see just how wet it can get! That is until the last week of july...in this area of Livingston county they had over 10" dumped on them.

As I walked up to the camera I was swearing up a storm, between the water about to crest the tops of my rubber boots, the plot drowned out, and to think I wasted a week with the camera sitting there when it could have been elsewhere.

I literally thought to myself all I'd have on it is a bunch of blue herons....So without checking the card I pulled the camera and left.

When I got back to the truck I quickly realized I needed to put that cam back out there. These are now some of my favorite trail cam pics that I've managed to get. Will hopefully have some more good ones to share in a few days...

07-Aug-14

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo

07-Aug-14

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo

07-Aug-14

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo

07-Aug-14

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo

07-Aug-14

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo

07-Aug-14

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo

07-Aug-14

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo

07-Aug-14

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo

07-Aug-14

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo

07-Aug-14

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo

07-Aug-14

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo
trying to sneak by....

07-Aug-14

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo
that's right! smile for the camera

07-Aug-14

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo
would ya look at that! just look at it!

07-Aug-14

Chronic's embedded Photo
Chronic's embedded Photo
whatcha lookin at?

07-Aug-14
Chronic, those are some outstanding pictures of some very nice bucks. As far as replanting, I recommend wild rice.

08-Aug-14
EVERYBODY INTO THE POOL!!!!!!!

11-Aug-14
Wow, those are some amazing pics! On the topic brought up by Pat, draining wet fields, can get you in trouble if you participate in any USDA programs. Programs like CRP, WHIP (now EQIP), WRP (now WRE), some USDA loans, etc all require that you do not drain wetlands, or you will be in violation and can jeapordize your benefits, to the point of possible having to pay any previous benefits back. Even if you don't participate in any of those programs now, but might in the future.....you'll be ineligible to participate with a wetland conversion to your credit. If in doubt, but want to know if it is a wetland or not, visit your local Farm Service Agency office, then can show you for sure. (USDA uses different criteria than the state or Army Corps of Eng.

14-Aug-14
Nice pics!!

Not all wet land or seasonally flooded land is classified as "wetland"

It's easy enough to check, both the state and federal interactive maps are available online.

15-Aug-14

grizz2's Link
Your comments relate to State and Federal wetlands, and not USDA, see comment above (USDA uses different criteria than the state or Army Corps of Eng.). USDA does not have anything to do with permits (again, state, ACOE). While using the state and NWI wetland sites are a good start, if you ever want to participate in USDA programs, make sure you do not drain what USDA considers wetland. I am not making this up, its what i do almost daily. Even if you never participate in any of the programs, if you sell the property, the converted wetland status stays with the land, until it is mitigated. All it takes to know for sure, is visit your county Farm Service Agency (typically at a USDA Service Center).

16-Aug-14
The Heron thought it was a pond! I'm with Jdawg... start a rice patty!

22-Aug-14
Cool pictures!

>>>>-------->

• Sitka Gear