Pasquinell 28-Aug-14
Redclub 28-Aug-14
Antler Whore 28-Aug-14
ELK ELSEWHERE 28-Aug-14
ELK ELSEWHERE 29-Aug-14
happygolucky 02-Sep-14
Naz MacBook 20-Sep-14
08-Aug-14
So while MN, Iowa, and even Illinois are making major changes to their deer management approach, due to input from hunters. WI implements things like bonus buck, and refuses to eliminate baiting or party hunting. On top of that WI refuses to actually admit there are way more wolves than they have on paper. Plus their refusal to do any management of public lands. Throw in added hunters taking away from the resource with crossbows and it will spell disaster for deer hunting in WI. You cant withdraw more and more from the checking acct without overdrawing it.

08-Aug-14
On a positive note, they did add DMAP for private land owners and did allow no antlerless tags in the north this year.

I still don't get the DTR and their push on Bonus Buck.

I am boggled over the wolf quota for this year. Obviously they are yanking our chain when they say they want to get back to 350. You won't do that by reducing the quota like they did.

08-Aug-14
If they managed the deer as conservatively as they do the wolves, things would be golden.

08-Aug-14
Rutnut/ there are a number errors of issues you speak of. WI DNR is making changes based on input from hunters, granted many of us like/dislike some/all, but there is input. Baiting is an issue that the DNR has little control over except where CWD is found. So they can do little and the legislature has shown no interest in changing existing laws. FYI bonus buck has been around for quite some time and the DNR went against the grain of hunters on that issue so i will give you that. Public/private land tags and DMAP are being implemented so I am not sure what your issue is there. As to the wolf issue, that will remain a topic of contention for years to come. hunters and non-hunters will never be happy, but with the constant legal challenges by anti's we should be grateful with what we have. Lastly the crossbow issue was decided by the legislature and is set into statute. There is nothing the DNR did or could have done as they are now legal. Again is was a statutory issue, and thus did not fall under rule making authority granted to the DNR.

08-Aug-14
"but with the constant legal challenges by anti's we should be grateful with what we have"

Gunna have to disagree there. We need to get the population lowered as quickly as possible due to the legal challenges. Get while the getting is good. The goal is very clear - get the count back to the maximum first agreed upon which was 300-350. We are nowhere near that and therefore reducing the quota, makes zero sense especially when one sees how quickly the quota was reached each year. That proves the population estimate is flat out wrong. The longer this draws out, the more chances the tree huggers will get a lawsuit that sticks.

08-Aug-14
The bonus buck program is a passive cwd management tool.The DnR has failed to grow a pair and publicly state this.

08-Aug-14
DNR or the Legislature WE voted for? HMM?

Happy, that is not the maximum first agreed number.

08-Aug-14
I'll say it again - some folks would bitch if they were hung with a new rope!

I been here for some time.

I can remember the old wolf threads/debates and I remember how guys swore up and down that there would NEVER...NEVER EVER be a wolf season in Wisconsin. Some idiots would post "S.S.S." and "smoke a pack!" Clowns!

Guess what?

Now we have a wolf season and that's still not good enough? It is and hopefully it will get better!

I'm not crazy about "group bagging" (or party hunting as some incorrectly call it) - That type of activity (doesnt make it right) was going on when I was crapping my diapers - so they made it legal! Ya can do away with it, but it will still happen.

I like to bait deer and so do others - I dont like deer drives - can ya do something there?

Very good post huntnfish43 - ya need to post more! Your spot on!

08-Aug-14
huntnfish43, are you telling me if the DNR led the charge loud and strong on banning baiting or group bagging that it wouldn't go farther than hunters doing it? also doesn't the DNR suggest what the harvest numbers should be? The DNR is acting all giddy about the crossbows, yet they had no pull there? Some people seem to just love to sit and believe what the powers that be spoon feed tham.

BT, it's not that I'm never happy. I just don't settle for the status quo. keep sitting back and thinking things are rainbows and unicorns. That's when everything goes in the crapper.

08-Aug-14
Very good post huntnfish43 - ya need to post more! Your spot on!

From one Gov paid worker to another maybe? No disrespect ... just wondering...

PS - CROSSBOWS DONT BELONG IN ARCHERY SEASON.

08-Aug-14
In the North of thousands of antlerless permits were issued after 2000 when deer had been going in big decline for years. This was all DNR, with a major hunter uproar. This, more than any other issue including weather or wolves put us in the sorry state we find ourselves in.

09-Aug-14
Wonder when the legislature, with "hunters" approval will opt for deer hunting at night,hell why not.Just about any thing is legal anymore. Some elected official will brainstorm how it will increase hunting opportunities for those who work days and the kids who have those long hours with school ,sports etc.,and never get enough time to hunt,hey folks just making it fair like the mantra was used for the crossbow etc, and all the other garbage thats been allowed.

09-Aug-14
Wrong Tomas. The herd was not "in decline for years" but growing. Yes the DNR issued thousands of permits to reduce the over goal herd. That is what they are mandated to do. The herd went in decline as a result and now below goal there are no antlerless permits here so DNR is doing what is mandated, allowing the herd to get back to goal. Had the DNR not issued permits the last two winters would have decimated the herd to a point we may not have had any hunting for a while.

Regardless of what the sky has fallen doomsday conspiracy theorists are saying I am still seeing deer around here. Yes, fewer but still there are deer.

09-Aug-14
"Yes the DNR issued thousands of permits to reduce the over goal herd. That is what they are mandated to do."

They are not mandated to skew the numbers as they keep doing and this has a direct result on the decision of how many permits are issued. As long as the DNR keeps grossly underestimating the wolf population and grossly overestimating the deer population we will continue seeing a decline in the number of hunters and a decline in the enjoyment that hunters get from the sport. The DNR is far from innocent in this mess. The DNR wants dead deer, and if hunters won't do it the DNR will make sure wolves and/or DNR sharpshooters do. Just because some folks don't bend over and take it from the DNR (for a paycheck or whatever other reason) does not mean these people are "the sky has fallen doomsday conspiracy theorists."

09-Aug-14
From a selfish perspective, fewer deer, will mean fewer hunters in the far north, and that is okay for me.....

Rut - We have lost the baiting wars. It is legal so there you have it......

BT - He likes to bait at times, and it is legal. BT is a good guy, but with all due respect, baiting is not fair chase, but that is just me......

What so many do not understand, is that my hunting would be so much easier, without all the baits in the woods. Deer would have to move, food sources constantly changing, a hunter had to stay on top of his game, prior to baiting, but we killed some great deer in the north, prior to baiting......

I now have to take into account all the bait sites, that are off the roads, within a quarter mile, as part of my analysis of an area. The bucks now move in a whole new pattern, when and if at all........

When I hunted Sheboygan Co and N Kettle Moraine, my best spots, were very close to the roads, heck I could watch cars go by, from my stands.......

In the north now, I have to scout alot, I have to find, deer, that do not want to be bothered too much, and I can not get in deep enough, Wis has alot of roads, good or bad, the roads are still there.....

Baiting has become a disease. Most will not hunt without it, and I see alot of garbage dumps in the woods. This year, since my daughter has shown me how to use a GPS, phone etc, I told the warden I will send him cooridinates on every illegal bait I find.......

If you have enough property, and want to farm, and grow food plots, log etc, I respect that. You are trying to better your property.......

But for those who hunt what little big woods we have left, leave the left over groceries out of the woods......

If we had legislatures, that really hunted, and cared about the WHOLE state, not just there personal areas, they might understand. If Cathy Stepp, really cared about the hunt, at least from an ethical point of few, she would see what a joke baiting is.......

Its is now and industry, alot of money is being made. I do have an open mind, and I have had many guys tell me, that deer would not go into the winter in good shape, both in Wis and the UP, if it was not for bait.....

If that is true, it is a sad commentary on deer management in general.....

Rut the best thing that can happen to you, is that someone finds CWD in the next county, for whatever reason, and the dinner bell will be closed right away.........

I personally do not believe that baiting causes CWD, I just think that baiting cheapens the experience of the hunt, and how one looks at the magnificent animal he or she, is about to kill.....

09-Aug-14
"Now we have a wolf season and that's still not good enough? It is and hopefully it will get better! "

BT, do you agree with the large quota decrease seeing how quickly the quota was filled 2 years running? That is the point I am making. Yes, it is GREAT to have a wolf hunt but why greatly reduce the quota when the numbers are still nowhere near the goal. The quota could have been doubled and it still wouldn't make a dent in the wolf population. As long as the antis are still out there trying to get them listed again, we need to be sure we are meeting our goals as quickly as possible.

09-Aug-14
Our state DNR has only so much power. Wolves=federal. Baiting=governor. Heck, the DNR suggests, what happens is controlled by the legislature. And the governor and the legislature keep their offices by always promoting of jobs, profit and taxes. Unless you work for yourself, you have come to realize those that do are kept powerless by those who decide.

09-Aug-14
Per48 - Interesting insight! Pretty good!

Happy - I'm just saying the complaining never seems to stop - we have a wolf season when people swore that would never be!

Razor - you're a good guy as well. A tad misinformed, but a good guy just the same. :^)

With the threat of turning this into a "baiting thread" which has been punched to death - I disagree on your take on baiting!

Let's look at this.

So when folks say there would be much more deer movement without baiting - I say move your stand!

How many here agree deer are a browse animal - raise your hands! Thank you!

For those of you that think a deer beds 100 yards away from a bait site, walks over to the bait site, eats and then lays down again 100 yards away - your not only wrong, but dont know much about deer.

Deer browse. Yes, they will come to the bait site (some even in daylight LOL) and will continue to browse, eating mushrooms, blackberry plants, new shoots, maple leaves, grass, alfalfa and anything else they come across.

If a deer strictly ate corn 24/7...eventually it would die.

So the altering deer movement does not wash. A 2 gallon pile of bait is going to change the entire landscape - I'm not thinking so!

Does baiting "turn" deer nocturnal? That would work against the hunter...if it did, why bait? I have plenty of daytime photo's. If any constant trips to the site might make them come later.

Good for you Razor - report all illegal bait sites! But dont stop their my friend! Another set of eyes in the woods is a good thing!

Baiting is a disease - Really? I know of many hunters that bait legally and mostly on a "off again, on again" scenario. I myself bait early and late - Come Mid October - November a grunt call and a set of rattlin' antlers goes with me. I dont bait gun season or ML hunts.

Grow food plots, better your property Razor? I bet it does better your propert! There is only one reason to grow a food plots - it's to attract and hold deer on your property. You talk about altering the natural patterns of deer - there you have it Razor! I know - I've planted a few food plots in my time!

Bottom line - much of what has been invented about baiting comes from selfishness and the "if ya dont hunt like me, your crap" crowd. Boils down to someone believes someone else has an unfair advantage - they dont like that - so your a dirty rotten %$#@#!&& if you bait deer!

Do some violate - of course! But that's not the only show at the circus. There are unfortunately many violations out there.

Be a Razor and report any violations! If your not part of the solution - your part of the problem! Right November?

Funny - when I put out cookies and donuts for bears - I'm not such a bad guy? Hmmmm......

09-Aug-14
HunterR, wrong again. No skewing of numbers. Have you seen Elvis lately?. Skip the conspiracy group convention Get real. No deer, no DNR.

09-Aug-14
BT - You my friend will always get along, but we do not agree.... I have no trouble on baiting for bears,,,,,,,,

It is obvious you do not hunt the north........at least for deer.......

I respect you as a fellow hunter, and you know and I know we are both brothers in arms, but baiting for deer is not fair chase.......

I hope for you the best of the coming season, and maybe someday you will see the light, ha ha ha

Respectfully

09-Aug-14
Thanks Razor! See, I told you no one has trouble with me baiting bears....besides well maybe Patricia Randolph in Madison!

09-Aug-14
"No skewing of numbers."

Smokey, usually you are spot on, but you are wrong here.

The DNR is always paints a rosey pre hunt picture and puts out an inflated number. They have to get that license revenue. I can't totally blame them for this as the majority of hunters in WI are fair weather weekend warriors. Being brutally honest with those types will scare them off, which would be fine imo.

10-Aug-14
I am pretty sure that if baiting was banned... couple of things would happen... We all would find out who has been poaching deer in our areas as they still will be baiting in violation....thus they can't follow game laws makes them poachers..... and secondly... After 5 years or so with a ban and once the poachers have been cited a few times...they will finally follow the ban ...then...deer hunting in the north wood actually have some merit...but as it is... If you can kill deer over a bait... The accomplishment to me is not there...so integrity of killing a nice deer will return to the rest of the state as opposed to just the banned counties...

I agree 110% with razor ....right on brother.

10-Aug-14
If they would ban baiting my private land food plots would suck the deer off from public land much easier.

10-Aug-14
Yes Sawtooth you are correct!

So antler whore, apparently baiting is not your cup of tea? Others like it and so if YOU dont like it, we who enjoy this legal practice of hunting shouldn't do it?

So, to make sure I'm reading this right - stop the practice so integrity will return to the rest of the State when killing a nice deer - What? Really.... Bait or no bait I feel many folks already possess integrity! So your point is? Poachers are poachers, clear and simple. Do not lump law abiding people that choose to bait in with violators. Because there are some very good folks who enjoy it and offer absolutely no problems to anyone else.

The same mentality applies to spot lights. Poachers use spot lights all the time - let's ban them as well. No more loading up the kids in the car and running the backroads for an hour. Your done!

So your thinking in your grandiose "5 year plan"... make a perfectly legal activity - enjoyed by others -illegal. So the people legally enjoying baiting suffer to catch some "poachers" during/after a five years! And we will see a "Statewide" restoration of "integrity?" after killing a nice deer.

Do you read your posts before ya hit the "submit" button? :^)

"To me the accomplishment is not there"

Well, good for you AW - so dont do it and move on! Like everything else in life....It's really not for everyone!

Yep, right on brother!

11-Aug-14
Hmmmmm Baiting is unethical ?? Buuut sitting in an elevated insulated box stand with a heater streaming the packers on your Ipad or watching a DVD a or even doing some work on the pc over looking a bait plot with tons of corn and / pumpkins in it with your luminous scope on your 300 mag. waiting for a deer to walk out at 200 yds. is ethical HA,,, VS. the guy that can't afford private land and all the equipment that goes along with bait plotting,, but puts out his 2 gallons and sits in an open air stand trying to get a deer to 20yds in northern Wis. for a bow shot. They should ban all the box stands if they ban baiting! They are unethical and a eye sore as you drive the hwys of southern Wis. A deer can use all its senses at 20 yds when the hunters is in an open air stand vs the heated box hide.

What a joke,,, some of you post time and time again " let hunters hunt the way they want " this is in reference to xguns but then want a ban on baiting.

Thank goodness the people up north defied the law last winter and feed the deer and turkeys or we would have even less up here.

I don't care if you bait or bait plot they are the same. I do both,, but if you ban one ban them ALL! Along with the box blinds.

12-Aug-14
BT... I said. If there was a ban state wide... you would see who the area poachers are as they would still bait regardless.. meaning they prolly been operating outside the law when baiting legally..

Never said batters are poachers...not at all..

How ever.. at one time it took say and skill to harvest a good deer with archery gear..today anyone with a pail of corn can kill one..that means the integrity is gone..If anyone can do it means it is a easy way to kill..as look in the Papers.. everyone knows we do not have the deer we had.. yet record buck harvests with archery gear?? Really.. and you do t think there is any integrity loss to the WI archery hunt??

I do..not everyone is suppose to kill a buck...If too many folks do.. It no longer becomes a challenging hunt..

I remember guys showing 4 pts.. like trophy bucks they took with archery gear back in the 70s...it use to be a big deal....not today...everyone is a expert hunter...

12-Aug-14
BT... I said. If there was a ban state wide... you would see who the area poachers are as they would still bait regardless.. meaning they prolly been operating outside the law when baiting legally..

Never said batters are poachers...not at all..

How ever.. at one time it took say and skill to harvest a good deer with archery gear..today anyone with a pail of corn can kill one..that means the integrity is gone..If anyone can do it means it is a easy way to kill..as look in the Papers.. everyone knows we do not have the deer we had.. yet record buck harvests with archery gear?? Really.. and you do t think there is any integrity loss to the WI archery hunt??

I do.

.not everyone is suppose to kill a buck...If too many folks do.. It no longer holds the accomplishment it once did..

I remember guys showing 4 pts.. like trophy bucks they took with archery gear back in the 70s...it use to be a big deal....not today...everyone is a expert hunter...

12-Aug-14

Novemberforever's embedded Photo
Novemberforever's embedded Photo
".everyone is a expert hunter... "

Welcome to tech advances. My $5,000 remote trolling motor,gps, fishfinder made me a pro walleye, bass "genius" in Canada last week also on a daily 30 mile round trip thru a flowage with tablerock hazards. Instead, I buy a chip, and catch 25 inch walleye, 38 inch northern and 5lb. smallies all week. In the 60's I would have been screwed fishing let alone navigating 30 miles of islands daily. What % of archers fill buck tags now? We had 1 flyfisherman who was quite content catching 5% of the fish we were. No worries just don't snag my #5 Mepps on your backcast.: I don't worry about others. Raise your own bar to your liking and enjoy life.

12-Aug-14
November, you really like to flaunt your riches. Most people who are as well to do as you are more humble. Just an observation.

12-Aug-14
Happy, didn't know a $15k boat would offend. God forbid anyone post a pic of a $1500 bow, $500 yeti or a $15 broad head. The new Crestliner behind mine is worth more. Dam Sconnie 1%ers!Yikes. My point was tech makes things easier for all who choose to use it.

12-Aug-14

happygolucky's embedded Photo
happygolucky's embedded Photo
Like I said November, just an observation that you like to flaunt and brag about your riches. To each their own on that. No need to explain yourself.

One does not need a $5000 electronics package to catch 40" Pike in Canada. Heck, even my son does it. Just a little know-how is all that is needed.

12-Aug-14
Antler - So close down the whole shooting match because - the poachers "probably" are operating outside the law when baiting legally!!

So, once again you take the people that enjoy this activity and do it legally...and take that away from them? That doesnt make much sense! Especially when a "probably" is involved!

Here's a news flash - everyone doesnt kill a buck! Here's another - the folks that do hardly do so over bait! The majority of the bucks killed by archery equipment I would say are shoot in and around the rut w/o the aid of bait! Of course some folks do, but I believe that the percentage is low.

Apparently you have never baited deer, because if you did you would know there is much more involved than just stumbling in the woods and dumping a bucket of corn.

And yes, I remember the 4 pt bucks - times have changed and so have hunters. Many hunters these days pass on those bucks and "let em' go, let em' grow" The mentality you speak of was from the days of "If it's brown it's down!"

You really think that our record numbers of archery kills are coming from baiting? Hardly!

Today's hunter is better skilled, more knowlegdable, better equipped and more energetic than ever before.

12-Aug-14
Apparently you have never baited deer, because if you did you would know there is much more involved than just stumbling in the woods and dumping a bucket of corn.

Hmmmmmm... Now BT that could present a debate. I guess one could argue there needs to be deer within the area. But I think one COULD stumble in and dump, sit in a climber and Rage the juggler vein of a young deer. Maybe not that night but once that tantalizing whiff of the golden kernel hits their nostrils....

12-Aug-14
Pasq - Well deer in the area would be a good start! Now, let's find a tree and put together your stands and let's get that all in the woods.

Let's stop at the feed mill, make a purchase - let's measure 2 gallons - go out to the woods and set it all up - we've buirned more than a couple hours now!

Get er' all set up and wait. Then wait some more, check, re-check and check again. Looks like something's been here - rebait - check again later - re-bait!

Time to hunt - apparently deer have been visiting our sight!

We have maybe 8-15 hours in so far and have not launched an arrow.

Time to hunt - Sat 2 sits havent seen a deer. Of course the first time, corn was gone so I forgot to re-bait! Damn!

Damn - nearly 20 hours in and not a arrow flung!

Hope that helps paint a picture!

It can be alot of jacking around for most folks!

12-Aug-14
November that is not a 15k boat I know !!!!

12-Aug-14
Happy, Great and well marked fish CONGRATS

12-Aug-14

Novemberforever's Link
"November that is not a 15k boat I know !!!!"

Your right,it's not worth 15k.190 bayboat.I bought it in 2007 with 50 hours on it for $16k, put 440 hours on it in the salt chasing tuna/dorado, just dropped the trolling motor and graph in it before it saw freshwater last week. Boats are like ice cream, the value melts away.Here's the same year asking less with a $2k tower on it.

13-Aug-14
I didn't think you would own a used boat. you won't buy new now for 15k.

13-Aug-14
Wow..BT...that does paint a clear picture.. That is a lot of Dickin around....why do you do it if it is so much trouble???

Can only be one answer to that one? LOL

And that is the point....

13-Aug-14
Antler - I'm not sure if anything is clear to you! And that's my point my friend! :^)

It can be allot of jaggin' around. But if I bait it's early and late - I like many other fine folks, take only a grunt call and horns with me come mid October all the way into gun season.

I have never baited the gun deer season.

And, yes, I've gone season(s) without shooting a buck! Both bow/gun.

13-Aug-14
Baiting can be effective in the late bow season. During rifle season deer come in after closing hours and rifle hunters do not stretch the hunting hours anyway I don't hear any shooting after closing time. Of course a real bowhunter would not do this either.

14-Aug-14
I have no issues with people baiting as long as it is legal. I don't bait and would vote for baiting to be removed state wide but I don't condone those who do bait where legal.

14-Aug-14
Eliminating baiting is a slippery slope. Eliminate it for deer, you will give a lot of ground to the anti's who will want it eliminated for bear.

14-Aug-14
1/2 the state is already banned. Just a matter of time for the rest.

14-Aug-14
That's the problem November... 1/2 the state is being protected... The rest is being exploited. .

Don't really matter to me personally... I have good spots in both types of counties.... it just is not uniform ....and it should be...We have never ending changing rules ..bag limits etc... now you have greenhorn who have little experience and your just adding another question is all.... plus it's not at all a good practice IMHO...

But this is not a bait debate.... but the fact it still stirs up emotional defense... means there is a significant issue in these remaining counties..That should be taken care of.

14-Aug-14
"1/2 the state is already banned. Just a matter of time for the rest" Yep,, then the bait plots !

14-Aug-14
" then the bait plots"

The DNR could never define a foodplot for enforcement. I love winter rye/rape salad. Turnips,radishes,pumpkins? My roadside stand is open for an hour 1 day in October. The white clover logging roads are erosion control.

14-Aug-14
Haaaaa,,, I love winter rye/rape salad. Turnips,radishes,pumpkins? My roadside stand is open for an hour 1 day in October. The white clover logging roads are erosion control. The real side is coming ! out. Turnips,Radishes, pumpkins,2 gallons of corn all the same BAITING .

14-Aug-14
Yes, your correct - there is little difference if any between baiting deer and food plaot baiting! They both attract deer - only food plots hold them longer!

14-Aug-14
Foodplots feed lots of critters for 12 months vs. a bait pile. Is an ag field a "baitplot" also? How about setting up near an apple/pear or an oak tree?

15-Aug-14

>>>--arrow1-->'s embedded Photo
>>>--arrow1-->'s embedded Photo
""Foodplots feed lots of critters for 12 months vs. a bait pile"" This is not a true statement ! the attacked photo is of a bait plot that was done by the end of Jan. because of the turkeys/deer then the 3' of snow. On the other hand residents started feeding the turkeys and what was left of the deer till spring came which save a lot of deer and turkeys. November you keep comparing your wild kingdom to the whole state. You don't have the same weather in the winter or the snow depths that we have in the north. Our growing season is also much shorter the yours. We had frost nite before last. The number one reason some people don't like baiting is when people start baiting the deer start to travel off their wild kingdom and land owners don't like losing "their" deer.

15-Aug-14
" their wild kingdom and land owners don't like losing "their" deer." Your words, not mine.Planting corn for foodplots is not a great move for multiple reasons. My foodplot rotation feeds critters all 12 months(true statement).MY 140 ag acres of corn/beans not so much from Jan-May. No doubt baiting in the big woods is different then ag country. For years until the county ban this year we had multiple neighbors baiting, they certainly did not suck many deer over the wire.Thanks to the high fence cwd poz test in the adjoining county we got banned which is great.

15-Aug-14
Great for BIG land owners who food plot like crazy - not so good for the average Joe who has a limited budget and likes to bait!

Oh well, to the richest go the spoils! Or somethng like that!

15-Aug-14
Arrow - Very good post!

But I disagree as to the number 1 reason people do not like baiting.

There are a few, that really believe it's unethical! And I can applaud that, I dont agee, but I understand. Most use it as an excuse!

I believe the number one reason is that we as hunters are a pretty selfish group overall. Not all, but way too many hunters put "me" before "we."

We also hear from the "hunt my way - or your crap" crowd.

The very thought or suspision of an unfair advantage too those who participate in the practice just enrages some.

Some of the biggest complainers are people that have never baitied. And that's OK, if they dont, but please dont carry on and on.

Do people who bait violate - of course. People that bait bear violate. People who hunt ducks violate, People that hunt rabbits violate - you get my point!

The problem is not baiting, it's people that violate -and you nor I will ever change that.

The benefits outwiegh the negatives in my world!

15-Aug-14
So..... How about some thoughts on the 25 mile firewood ban?

Why can loggers transport logs all over the state while my firewood is considered bad? I get the dead lumber attracts bugs but ive seen some cut log piles sit for months as well.

15-Aug-14
How many loggers do that GJG? The closest mill.

15-Aug-14
60 of my 93 loads on the last cut went well beyond 25 miles.Antigo and Rapids.

16-Aug-14
With all the mills closing they have to travel those logs farther. Plus how many rail cars do you see hauling logs-lots. Seems like a foolish ban to raise more $ at campgrounds.

16-Aug-14
Bait/feeding versus food plots? A decent acre of corn produces 150 bushels of shelled corn. I plant several acre of corn,soybeans for the animals in Winter NOT TO HUNT OVER. I cannot feed in my yard anymore but they can walk 50 feet and get 300 bushels. I like to watch them in the winter. Yes they are the same only feeding is on a much smaller scale.

17-Aug-14
It's got zero to do with selfish hunters being in favor of a ban..... it has 110% to do with the loss of integrity to Archer Hunting...I don't get what's so hard to see in that ....without a bait pile to shoot deer over... A Archer must use the woods to his advantage.... he must use hunting pressure to his advantage... he must use natural travel patterns and be capable of recognizing then and analyzing sign...

Today's baiters... are not relying on woodsman ship or hunting to kill deer... they are training deer to do the hunting ....they simply take their pick when they stand at 20 yards at a feed pile....that diminishes everyone else's kill.... it diminishes the sport to a kill and not a hunt....which is a black eye to the masses of non hunters...Baiting creates division between good folks that should be on the same team..

The only thing I see baiting doing is getting g us closer to the end of deer hunting...as in the baited north... very few hunt the deer...rather they bait and have the deer do the Hunting...

It's a 100% loss of integrity to the Archery season IMHO...and the fact it is banned now in over half the state...should he a clue that they need to universally ban it statewide so this issue is gone once and for all...

folks have been bickering about this BS for 12 years or more now...enough is enough already

17-Aug-14
Antler whore - I could not agree with you more.......

To me it just cheapens the experience, we had no baiting in late 70's and into early 80's and we killed deer.........

I had a talk with a game warden, who himself baits during the ML season, in the Minoqua area. He said he does not believe he would see any deer without it, but does acknowledge, the better bucks are in after dark..... He says he likes to hunt with his father, and see some deer..... This is a warden from southern Wis, who in my opinion, exemplifies what a warden should be, he is an excellent person.....

It has also been said, by many, that the deer would not go into winter in good shape without all the bait, and to me that is a sad commentary, on deer management.....

Keith McCaffrey, was the best deer manager we ever had in this state. Under his watch, we had good forest managment, which I do believe, the state is doing a good job, and hopefully the Feds are picking things up a little bit........

I remember the bait debate in the early 80's. It came about, because there was a lack of common sense, and no one, wanted to lose the ability to bait bear.....

If the WCC and the NRB etc, can not differentiate, between baiting for deer and the need to for bear, than what can I say......

I thought, well what can it hurt, I mean if some old guys want to throw out some apples, who cares, but look what it has turned into............

But antler whore, that ship has sailed. You now live in a new age, of deer hunting. Its all about bait, and food plots, marketing and packaging of all kinds of deer goodies......

Hunt legal and hunt like you want to, me I will just try and figure out how to take a buck, in the woods, and enjoy the fall..... Maybe I will pay attention to details the deer show me, and try and outsmart one......

Pretty soon the ATVs' will be coming, the pumpkin dumping will begin, the bait sitters will leave a few beer cans, and the circus will begin

17-Aug-14
And gee Antler why do you think your bickering? Because your selfish and we dont hunt the way "you hunt" - I bait and I have plenty of integrity! If you and Razor dont like it - fine! Dont do it, but those that which to legally engage in the practice - all the more power to them.

The warden that baits (and he's not the only one) enjoys seeing some deer with his Dad - Great! So do other good God fearing American's! It's not your cup of tea - fine! But the whinning really gets old. Some folks enjoy it - you obviously dont - we get it!

Razor you should be ashamed of your comments about "beer cans" and "circus" I bait and I dont even drink beer and havent been to a circus in years! I dont own an ATV! Someone's littering and acting the "fool" arrest em!

No - it's not all about baiting and food plots and marketing!

There is a majority right here on Bowsite that are legal, ethical and dye in the wool bow hunters! Good men and women, who playby the rules and enjoy the outdoors and dont buy into the marketing side show!

Of the multiple bucks I have killed, I have killed only one over bait - ALL the others came to a grunt call, rattling antlers or was just in the wrong place at the wrong time!

If the nieghbor wants to shoot a buck over bait on his property and he's doing it legal - good for him!

We need to start thinking more about "WE" than always thinking about "ME"! That is the real problem in the hunting community!

Leave "slammin" your fellow hunters to PETA and HSUS - they do enough damage and their prety good at it!

17-Aug-14
TWO GALLONS,every deer within 5 miles will come for that.

17-Aug-14
Nice post Antler! Well said.

17-Aug-14
Antler Whore " ...Baiting creates division between good folks that should be on the same team " Yup because of people like you who have no idea what they are talking about. You stereotype anyone that baits as someone that lacks integrity ! That comment alone shows how people like you are dividing the hunting community. "every" hunting sport has violators. I don't care if they ban baiting or not but ban bait plots also !!!! Why aren't you complaining about them ? You want to talk about integrity and ethics how about all the heated enclosed deer hides people are so called hunting out of while they stream the packers! What a joke! What scenes can a deer use to detect a hunter while in their warm home like blind ? Get real !!! legal baiting hurts NO ONE !!!!

17-Aug-14
Baiting = easy

Easy = lazy

Lazy = majority????? And I have sat over the golden gem called corn myself. I had the same doe and yearlings walk in along with a small six night after night

Like November says good luck stopping food plots though.

Arrow I am on the same team but... if a player is using a corked bat as an advantage I wouldnt like it.

Yes baiting (golden nuggets) is legal but it shouldnt be in my opinion of which I am entitled to. :)

17-Aug-14
Pasquinell,,, Ya xguns are legal now to and they shouldn't be in archery season but we have to live with same as the baiting get over it...

17-Aug-14
Ya Pasq - I'm a piece of crap because I bait! I'm lazy, I have no integrity and I like the "easy" way!

So, with the wind chill at -10 degrees and snow up to my knees in the December hunt - that's easy? And if I hunt those conditions I am "lazy" - Really? Deer are crapping razor blades this time of the year. If you'd been out in December hunting you might have picked up on that! Ya, that's pretty easy Pasq!

It would be interesting to know just how many of the anti-baiter crowd even look at their bows after the gun deer hunt. I would suspect very few.

Just how many BIG bucks have you shot over bait Pasq? Just wondering as a previous baiter.

I would suspect that answer would be none - because as most of the anti-baiting crowd they like to let you think it's "easy!" But killing mature deer is anything but, bait or not.

Let's slam some more hunters while were at it! PETA and HSUS really dont need your help and that's what your providing them by badmouthing legal hunters with trash talk! Ya, I know...it's your opinion.

In the FYI department - here's my "opinion" on what I believe is "easy" -

On November 4-6th grabbing my grunt call and heading into the woods! And if I would just shoot "any" buck, I would be willing to bet I could kill one within that time period with just a grunt call and my bow! - that my friend - is easy!

Ya know what else is easy - owning 200 acres and cutting the cornfield to funnel deer past your box blind stand. That is easy! (warm too)

I love the late season hunt! There is absolutely nothing prettier than whitetails in the snow.

That's my fiends is my opinion.

18-Aug-14
Kay.... so rah..so raw.. what ever will be will be...

I love the come backs

But as long as you guys are so obsessed with what's legal leave it be...

Then why would you have a problem with a state ban? I mean it's already illegal in most of the state...are you saying your better then that part of the state??

Integrity..... If it's to easy to accomplish... is it worth accomplishing at all..

18-Aug-14

Pasquinell's embedded Photo
It is fun in the winter BT. I was able to capture a snapshot of one running from your grunt call on the 200 acres:)

18-Aug-14

My baiting habit got so out of control it wasnt limited to deer. These are the last three varmits I killed over a bucket of corn. It was a lot of work carrying these three buckets to my spot. Sweated up a storm but it paid off in the end.

18-Aug-14
Pasquinell you should have channeled your efforts to keep xguns out of the bow season. You can bet there will be more after hour shots with xguns fitted with scopes and some lites then ever before.. That will be a bigger problem then baiting ever will be.

18-Aug-14
I truly truly thought I did. I now see the little get togethers in town meant squat. I couldnt devote the time like others did and not sure it would have made a difference anyway. Money talks louder than votes

18-Aug-14

Arrow how was I going to compete with Zinger and his friends leaving Madison? :)

18-Aug-14
With 1200 comedians out of work nationwide - and we got one right here on Bowsite! Good job Pasquinell - but here's a tip - don't quit your day job!

I gotta say Pasq, I'm truly saddened that you could not have come back with something a little more logical than your comical "post-a-pic" response! Good for a chuckle, but hardly a response of any logic. Figured you would have done better than that! No apology needed!

Antler Whore - and what planet did you say you call home - cause I'm pretty sure it aint earth. I gotta say - I really did enjoy the Doris Day sing along however! But ya really lost me at:

"Integrity..... If it's to easy to accomplish... is it worth accomplishing at all"..

18-Aug-14
Pasq- now that is hilarious!!!

19-Aug-14
Hilarious? And they say some folks aint easily amused?

I could post some old "Rowan and Martin Laugh In" video's :^)

19-Aug-14

BT when I was a master at it, I had a close call during the youth hunt. Junior fell out of the condo and by the grace of the man upstairs he landed just right, Put a damper on his love of heated condos but what are you gonna do.

19-Aug-14
Big time kudos to real bowhunters like razorhead and Pasq for using trad gear and for not seeing a challenge in shooting a deer with its head buried in a bucket of corn.

19-Aug-14
I'm not sure who this guy is, but I remember laughing when seeing the pic on Archery Talk and Lake Link.

19-Aug-14
It's always good to keep a fact based perspective on baiting. Only Ohio in the upper midwest allows it state wide while Wi. ,Pa., and Mi, allow only part of the state. Here's a breakdown I posted on another thread. FYI, all mineral sites are illegal statewide and only legal 2 gallons/40 acres during season in a baiting county.How many guys run illegal mineral sites?

No Bait Allowed:

Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming

Baiting Allowed In Entire State:

Arizona, Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, New Hampshire, Mississippi, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Utah, Washington

Baiting Only In Selected Areas:

Connecticut, Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Texas, Wisconsin - See more at: http://www.skinnymoose.com/hooksandbullets/2008/10/14/deer-baiting-across-the-us/#sthash.mZjvHaJT.dpuf"

19-Aug-14
Thats not Kulas. Kulas is a skinny guy !!

19-Aug-14
Pasq... great pics... .. another one I always liked was the arrowed bigger buck standing at the same corn pile he got a arrow stuck in his back a few days earlier at...LOL...

Really shows how big deer stay away from da pile..lol..

All great bait pics..

No relation ... lots of us G - men in WI... from Rapids to Rhinelander to Spooner to LaCrosse to Greenbay...

I do know... One thing.... those bait pile pics make me laugh...

And at my age.. Every good laugh counts

19-Aug-14
Oh.. I did not see the fat guy with his snow deer..... and his feed pile .. That is a classic

19-Aug-14
After taking a closer look at Happy pic... I see there is no tag on that deer.. I also see the guy is wearing jeans... Hmm?? Interesting that a guy who can not legally move the animal without immediately tagging it has time to dress the part for a photo op...

Is the deer harvested legally ??

That pic is a prime example of loss of integrity in Deer hunting in WI..

19-Aug-14
No Antler that pic is not a prime example of loss of integrity it's a perfect example of "photo shop" - and a prime example of how some folks can be easily fooled like sheep to slaughter in believing things that are nothing but falsehoods.

And "Happy" as long as your the self appointed "real deer hunter" Guru - perhaps you'd like to give us all a definition of "real deer hunter" because I think I am and I bait and many on this site do as well!

Are you suggesting that we as law abiding hunters are something less and you are somehow superior?

Perhaps you could clear that up while you take a break from posting childish "photo shopped" pic's! Pic's that may very well land you in the middle of civil litigation.

It is truly characters like this that gives all hunters a bad name! You both should be ashamed. And you talk about integrity? - you dont have a clue about integrity!

19-Aug-14
BT sometimes I think you and me are the only ones who make sense and sometimes I don't know about me

19-Aug-14
Bloodtrail... Excellent post !!!!

19-Aug-14
BT +1

20-Aug-14
"perhaps you'd like to give us all a definition of "real deer hunter" "

I don't have a definition of a real deer hunter. I "feel" that real bowhunters are those who shoot trad gear - my opinion. Trad gear requires real skill and loads of practice time something I don't have either of. I am very content shooting a compound because I love my time in the woods and being close to the deer.

As for baiting, I stated I don't care what people do when it is legal. I personally don't bait. You do. Good for you. I don't judge you for doing it. I just don't see the challenge of shooting a deer with a compound with its head buried in a pile of corn. That is just my opinion though. If people see a challenge there, great for them. It is not for me. We all get different things out of hunting.

As for the pic, it was copied off AT and LL and it fit the bill here. You might not have seen humor in it, others did. It was posted all over the place a couple of years ago. BTW, I deleted the pic when I realized it is a guy who is actively posting right in this thread. I guess he got popped for illegal baiting..

20-Aug-14
I talk about integrity... so what..? Some guys like to hunt wild animals... Some prefer to tame them... not really sure what the difficulty of understanding that is...

I prefer the integrity provided by hunting wild undomesticated deer..

However.. very few exist in baited counties... they have been fed from the teet to adult.. by humans dumping stuff for them ... Heck in some areas deer even follow atvs... as they associate that sound with free food..

I find zero integrity in harvesting a deer in these areas.. even with not using bait as these are not wild animals any longer ...

By having deer domesticated into being tolerant of Humans thru decades of baiting and feeding... baited counties diminishing the hunt for those who choose not to bait or can not afford to do it...that's not right.

20-Aug-14
BT - I make no apology for what I have stated, since this is the reality of what I have witnessed in the woods. It is a crying shame, but I have to call them like I see them, and it is a reality.......

The garbage I find by alot of baits, is incredible, at least here in NE corner of the state. You are always welcome to come along and you will see what I mean....

Of course I realize that many hunters like you, do not do that, when they bait, but too many do,and they should be called out on it......

From what I see, when baiting started, most guys were responsible, but as the years go by, and attitudes change, I see alot of this.......

We are never going to agree on this issue, but I wish for you a great season.......

Happy Go Lucky - The choice of weapon has nothing to do, on being a good hunter, attitude, respect, and ethics, and hunting fair chase, is what makes someone a responsible hunter......

Best to All

20-Aug-14
Razor - Unless you have witnessed - actually have seen with your own eyes someone littering or acting the fool - we are at best making assumptions!

We are assuming "baiters" or "hunters" or for that fact "aliens from Mars" are doing what you say!

I say this because I know if you had actually witnessed this first hand - someone would have recieved a citation.

No disrespect - but we are only at best "assuming" - I would suspect however -if infact there is such a problem.... hopefully you've lined up the appropriate folks to handle these misfits!

Happygolucky - Interesting! If you dont have a desription of a "real deer hunter" are you just guessing? How do you know one when you see one, if you cannot define one? Just wiondering?

I like the fact that you enjoy your time in he woods and being close to deer, but that doesnt answer my question.

As far as the picture - I'm glad it's gone and congrads to you for doing same. I didnt find it amusing and others did not as well as it was childish and inappropriate. What ever your feelings for Ron may or may have been, no one deserves something like that. Funny? More like disrespectful!

20-Aug-14
BT, I answered your question for you but I don't play 1000 questions typically with people on the net. I stated my opinion. Accept it or not. Doesn't matter to me. Doesn't matter to me if you bait either and like to ping deer with their head buried in a pale of corn. Your call and to each their own. As noted, hunting means different things to different people.

As for the pic. I still find it to be hilarious and yes Ron really deserved it but I'm glad I could appease you via the removal. He is posting here now so I thought it best to remove it. Just curious, are you a self-annointed hallway monitor on bowsite? You sure come off as one. You appear to struggle accepting other's opinions when they differ from yours. Try to accept an opinion and move it. You expect it out of others.

20-Aug-14
Happy - I'll give ya that - I can be confrontational -that's what's so great about America. :^)

Perhaps an occupational hazard? For a long time I listened to trash talk on this site and held my toungue, years before you showed up on the horizon!

I find myself speaking out more these days!

Well ya did give me an answer...that being you had no definition of a "real deer hunter". Thanks for clearing that up!

I'm just saying that it's gotta be pretty hard to call someone a real deer hunter when you yourself can not define what one is! Based upon your "opinion" however, a "real deer hunter" shoots traditional gear! That's interesting!

I guess having an "opinion" and "a definition" are pretty close!

So, apparently the 95% of us here on bowsite that dont shoot traditional gear are not real bowhunters? I suspect some folks may disagree with that - and here I thought you were referring to people baiting as not being real bowhunters. Foolish me!

You can be the self-appointed deer "Guru" and I'll be the self "annointed" hall moniter - how's that? I'll try and be a little more tolerant of people's opinions no matter how far out in left field? OK ?

One more thing.

If your going to poke fun of me for shooting deer over bait - the correct verbage is "pail of corn" - not "pale of corn"!

Good Hunting!

20-Aug-14
"I'm just saying that it's gotta be pretty hard to call someone a real deer hunter when you yourself can not define what one is! Based upon your "opinion" however, a "real deer hunter" shoots traditional gear! That's interesting! "

Note that I said real bow hunter, not deer hunter. Yes, all other things being equal, I think the trad guys rock versus me, a compound shooter. Again, my opinion and I don't shoot trad. I'm not knocking compound guys either. I just think trad offers the biggest challenges. Was that spelled out clear enough and without typos as it appears you are also an internet typo corrector (very controlling person huh?)?

I did not poke fun at you over shooting deer over bait. I never judge those who use bait - as long as it is legal. I also don't judge people on weapon of choice. You see, I am not even anti-xbow. Please read my writing closer before you opine next time. I personally see no challenge in shooting a deer with its head in a "pail" of corn. That is not knocking you for doing so. To each their own.

20-Aug-14
He's a news flash Happy - I dont shoot deer with their heads in buckets! I dont use buckets when I hunt. To shoot a deer eating out of a bucket would constitute a violation - so Yah, your poking fun - but that's fine - whatever!

Not controlling at all my friend!

I'm simply just pointing out that if your going to take a stab at being a smart ass, you really should at least use the correct verbage in doing so!

So....in any other context Happy - I really dont give a crap how bad you spell. I dont even really care how often you misue words - I really dont care!

But dont expect to take a sarcastic shot and expect me to let it slide - not happening!

Good Hunting

20-Aug-14
Sorry you took an innocuous comment personally BT. No worries either whether you use a pail or not. That is your choice and no need to explain yourself one way or another. Pail or no pail is simply semantics as it's all the same thing in the long run (and nothing wrong with it). As long as you are comfortable with your ways, why would you even care what someone else thinks unless you are trying to change their opinion and ways of hunting to match yours? Like you've done with Pasq, AW, and razor, we'll just agree to disagree. Hunters are famous for that.

20-Aug-14
It's interesting how bear baiting is no big deal. Fly fisherman don't mind spin fishing, spin doesn't mind trolling but god forbid someone legally pursues a deer with bait or a crossbow. Like most of the midwest already, baiting will be gone county by county in the remaining 1/2 of the state soon enough. Crossbows have now made the dance floor and she ain't Cinderella.

20-Aug-14
2 gallon bucket is a mighty small pail. Honestly folks are concerned over 2 gallons? Trad gear in its day was super easy to shoot deer.

20-Aug-14
Nothing more eye appealing than a white feed sack stuck in the fence along the road... or strewn threw the ditches .. always love seeing that.....

Ya... farmers are always driving the freeway with empty corn sacks too..

Can't prove they were from baiters ....

But when's the last time you seen anyone else with empty corn sacks in their pickup bed???

20-Aug-14
Someone said baiting doesn't hurt anyone, I disagree. I have had 3 different times where I set up within shooting distance of someones bait pile that I didn't see until it was light. Had a warden checked me, why would ha have any reason to believe it wasn't mine? It was in areas where you could bait, but I know 2 of them were definitely more than 2 gallons.

20-Aug-14
Another great practice is driving forest roads...I have seen big piles.. looked like someone lost a bag off their truck or atv...that much corn.. come to find out... it's not a accident... it is just made to look like a accidental loss... Guys dump full bags along forest roads and road hunt.... now that is even easier with tens of thousands of X bows in the mix...

The extent people will go to circumvent scouting and actual hunting just to kill a deer is beyond me.

20-Aug-14
Rutnut - I guess you should be doing some better scouting if your setting up so close to bait? :^)

Interesting post Rut!

I gotta ask ya however..So when you saw the bait after it got light out, why didn't you get down from your stand and leave?

I'm interested because you apparently dont hunt over bait and on at least one occasion you stayed long enough, over the bait, to meet the area warden. Just curious!

Antler Whore - your killing me man! Where do you get this stuff from? Guys purposely dumping bags of corn and forest road hunting? I gotta tell ya, that's a new one on me!

And ya'd think AW, with the price of corn these days those bastard baiters would be a little bit more careful?

Sounds a little excessive, (like your "tens of thousands of Xbow" comment), but then again, most of what you "report" tends to drift in that direction!

20-Aug-14
Happy - What?

Do ya read your posts before you hit the "send" button? Really? What does that jibberish mean - On second thought - move on - dont care! Seriously!

Ya know with most folks I would be more than "happy" to "agree to disagree" - you however - not so much!

I really dont see myself "agreeing" with anything you have to say now or in the future! I hate to sound close minded!

And yes, I may try and change someone's opinion on any number of topics, there you are correct!

But I do take issue with the fact that I do not and never have attempted to change the way anyone has hunted - ever!

AND...because you mentioned them, Pasq - he's a light hearted, funny guy. Wish he's was a little more serious at times! His shorts may be a little tight! I've read many of his posts over the years!

And Razor...well now Ole' Razor, he's a retired cop trying to learn how to trout fish - and a tad misguided on issues of baiting!

Other than that...those gentleman bring many positives to the table!

Last, but surely not least....Antler Whore! Gotta be honest here - Dont even have a clue where he is coming from...I dont even think he can find the "table."

20-Aug-14
Shorts are only tight cause the acorns are huge BT. I have fun in everything I do. I even have fun deer hunting without corn or a quest for bone on heads. A doe is just as special as a turdy point buck to me. I just like seeing deer.Many years sipping tag soup with mucho oportunities but chosing not to take them.

21-Aug-14
Pasq - you da man!

21-Aug-14
BT, all of the above mentioned hunts were spots I scouted the spring before. It's pretty tough to see someones bait pile when you come in 1.5 hours before light. I DID get down and end my hunt on every one of those. No never did see a warden, my point was had I seen one how would he know it wasn't my bait.

21-Aug-14
BT,

I didn't join here to argue with you or anybody. I want to talk hunting and the all-encompassing issues and thrills. I know I'm new but you belittled my opinion on backtags and seem to try to convince everyone who wanted them gone that they should remain. You seem to not like that others don't agree with baiting. I never said I was against baiting. I only said I don't do it and see no challenge with it. If there were a vote though to remove it state wide, I would vote for the removal.

So, we disagree on backtags and what baiting brings to the hunt. I apologize if my comments on baiting seemed back handed. I will continue to voice my opinions and you can choose to just dismiss them as you said you would.

21-Aug-14
Unfortunately Happy.. If you disagree with things some defend it like it's their virgin daughter...

Best to just be a zombie hunter ...dump your pile..shoot a deer...= big time deer hunter = everybody Happy Happy...Happy

21-Aug-14
OK Happy - on more time - I dont have a problem with backtags. Law Enforcement likes them. OK?

What I did post was their usefulness as some claimed they had no useful purpose - which of course, they do.

Now if you misconstrued that into a "Save The Backtag" campaign - that's on you, not me!

Like I tried to explain to Antler Whore - they'll be gone, most likely next year! Your going to get a card, much like a credit card to carry in your wallet. That's it - no backtags!

That's all I said. Whew!!

FYI....I dont care who likes baiting....who doesnt.

What I do care about is when people present falsehoods and slam good folks who do like to bait and do it legally. Then, yes...you'll hear from me and on a pretty consistent basis!

Just look at Antler Whores post above this one - yes, quite the bozo!

I apologize if I belittle you - but trust me, I dont spend my day thinking how I can stick it to "Happy" - You state in your last post (above) " I want to talk hunting and the all-encompassing issues and thrills."

That's great!

And if that is true, I just have a hard time understanding how that relates to posting a "photo shop" pic of Ron Kulas with a dead deer and corn in the fore ground and your opinion it's hilarious? Well my opinion was that of immaturity and inappropriateness.

Ya take a shot at me - referencing that I shoot/hunt deer with their head buried in a pail of corn. You didn't like my response. That's fair - I understand -

But dont take a shot and expect me to stand by. And dont post childish pic's and expect me not to "voice my opinion." It's a two way street. If that's belittlement, color me guilty as charged!

Maybe I'm wrong about you Happy - maybe your a great guy. Time will tell.

22-Aug-14
"Ya take a shot at me - referencing that I shoot/hunt deer with their head buried in a pail of corn. "

Nope, never insinuated that. Taking it that way is on you. I just said I see no challenge in shooting a deer with its head buried in corn. You took that to mean you. I can't control that. So is verbiage over the net.

I really don't care what you think about me and never will. I'm not here to make friends - just talk hunting. Will call a spade a spade.

22-Aug-14
Howatt/Kulas, you sure joined bowsite with a vengeance which it typical Kulas. You immediately go off on people accusing them of being someone else (and wrong at least in my case as I still have no idea who preacher was) yet you hide behind Howatt. Once again, typical Kulas hypocrisy. I know you remember me from AT and LL and therefore your vengeance for me. You sure were funny then with your numerous handles talking to yourself. Are you doing that here too? How is the baiting going? Taking a famous line from you on LL, Gritty sure lives between your ears 7x24. It appears this preacher guy does too. And here I thought bowsite was Kulas free and then it was apparent you were rickflare and then he got booted and along came Howatt. Nicely played – not…

22-Aug-14
Carry on Ronny. You'll never lose your stripes. You stand out like a sore thumb whereever you reside on the net.

22-Aug-14
Happy - For a guy that just joined this sight a couple of months ago you sure know quite a bit about Ron Kulas? I find that not only odd, but interesting just the same.

Howatt has been around these parts for sometime, even when Rancid posted here - you were not. Unless.... of course you posted under another name. I really dont care if you did or not to be truthful - if you did, a tiger rarely losses it's spots.

If you have not changed your handle, your off to a very poor start.

22-Aug-14
Anyone who posted on any WI hunting website knows Kulas. I ran into him all the time on AT and LL with him being booted hundreds of times, always coming back. Looks like Ronny is pulling one over on you BT. Thought you were smarter than that. Howatt surfaced right after rickflare (yep -Kulas) was banned a couple weeks ago. I bet you missed that one too. Howatt says it is a new name because he hasn't posted here in a couple of years and lost his registration. Then comes back loaded with pee and vinegar bashing someone named Gritty all the time. Howatt is not fooling many.

I posted a real picture of me along with my full name in the Who Are You thread. I've posted pics of my kids and other pics of me. People who know this preacher guy would be able to call foul right away. Howatt's made up name has only a 1st initial. I'm guessing he copped a profile of someone who did post year years ago. If Howatt has been on here since 2001, surely many know and have met him and can then vouch for him and the pics he has posted and that his verbose posting style was the same throughout all the years. In that case, I will issue an apology. Don't see that happening. This is actually funny stuff. Ron does fool many but not all.

28-Aug-14
Isn't Kulass that fat guy that was rambling on and on about how great xguns were because they have their own season or identification. .Seem to remember some fat guy from the bowhunting group carrying on and on about how great this decision was to allow xguns...

. didn't he get pinched for poaching or something too??

You would think a guy like that would cut his fingers off and have his lips sewn together..After all that BS..

Sounds like this Gritty guy really got to him though ..Funny..

28-Aug-14
Funny thing is, Ronny starts posting here under a fake name saying he's been here since 2001 and not one single person says "welcome back Howatt, welcome back C Wallace". Yet, BT sees Cheesehead Mike who I'm guessing hasn't posted in awhile and welcomes him back. Same goes for some guy named FIP under the xbows tripled thread. BT immediately knew him too. I read the Big Game Forums everyday (good stuff there) and those with longevity are even on a first name basis and regularly refer to others. Not one sign of that with C Wallace. And why not post the real first name you copped Ronny? What's to hide?

Ronny, your comments on single buck under Xbows Tripled is almost word for word what you posted under rickflare before you were booted a few weeks ago. At least you are consistent!

28-Aug-14
Howatt we dont remember you posting when preacher was posting?

28-Aug-14
Ronny, nice photoshop!. Why not post your first name? A real one at that. I have pics of me and my son and those that knew preacher would be able to call foul right away. Did preacher even have a son? Did he ever post pics? I've proven I am not this preacher guy.

Interesting still that Pasquinell and nobody else remember a guy who has been here since 2001. How can that be? Doesn't even seem possible to me. You failed under rickflare and took a different route this time and failed again.

Carry on in your elaborate coverup Ronny. You are the same on every WI hunting website. I kinda miss ya on LL since you were threatened with legal actions if you came back again. For all I know, you might also be BT and be having conversations with yourself like you do elsewhere.

"For somebody who just joined a few weeks ago (under your new name after being banned as preacher) You seem to have an odd obbsession with a guy that hasnt posted here in about a year and a half. I know this wont satisfy "

I've been here a couple of months. I have no idea if you used to post here before me or not but I'm guessing you did and probably were booted from here too and multiple times at that. I have no obsession with anyone but I call a spade a spade. Remember, you shot first over my bow after remembering me from AT and LL. Speaking of obsessions, you sure have one for Gritty and Mike F as well as preacher.

28-Aug-14
LMAO at Ronny. You post ferociously in every thread yet you say you didn’t post when preacher was here and just read and now you attack this preacher guy as if he stole your bunny slippers. Now that is funny stuff. You can’t not post. It is in your DNA. You are always in attack mode. Just look at your initial post in Who Are You accusing people of looking for you in the court system. Your words:

"Most people hide and shoot spit balls from the shadows and play internet tough guy or worse yet, they don’t want to deal with turds that are the web detectives hoping to dig up dirt. Im sure a few guys (cough… M fuge) are searching WI circuit court access for me and the rest of you right now to see if we ever farted in church or turned right in front of a school bus."

Now why would someone do that to a nice guy who has been here since 2001 and been quiet? Many did it on you though Ronny on AT and LL. Hence your paranoia and covering up your fake first name. Seriously Ronny, you are making a mockery of yourself in that you can never remember your own stories and lies. You are that way all over the net. I bet you were a hoot when you were here before. Kinda wish I was here then. What you are doing here is typical hypocritical Ronny. You are ruining every thread with your attacks on preacher, Gritty, Mike F, Cheesehead Mike, etc. You never play nice with others.

Once again, nobody knows a guy who has been here since 2001? Really????

Remember Ronny, you fired first. I am just doing now what BT does and rightfully so. You seem to hold grudges. That is sad, especially when it stemmed from other web sites.

28-Aug-14
That's all you got Ronny? Can't explain your circuit court comments coming from a 13 year bowsite vet and nice guy? Can't explain why you hide the fictitious first name? Can't explain why nobody knows you after 13 years of being here? Can't explain why you didn't post and now attack incessantly?

I wish you well this hunting season. Remember, 2 gallons and only in counties where legal. Now you can talk amongst yourself with your multiple handles. BTW, nice work with the WBH on getting separate seasons and licenses for xbows. That was well done and I'm sure you played an integral part in it.

28-Aug-14
Ahhh... just like old times. Welcome back boys.

28-Aug-14
I'll sit back and wait for that one person who knows ya as C Wallace Ronny. Surely Cheesehead Mike should since he's been here since 1999. You blasted him above so I'm sure you've had run ins with him in the past. He surely could vouch for ya. You get exposed and try to drag others down with ya. Typical Ronny.

28-Aug-14

happygolucky's Link
Interesting that your Interesting Little Gizmos thread is the same tool you posted on your personal website. Link above. Can't wait to see you try to babble your way out of this one. 100% exposed. Run now and get that thread removed ASAP.

"You only changed your name, not your caustic, obsessive, combative, off topic posting style which is what made it so easy to spot your attempt at trickery."

Well done Ronny! You have described yourself to a T. You were exposed as rickflare and now Howatt. You were even dumb enough to post the same material on your own site.

28-Aug-14
Now that there is funny!

28-Aug-14
Interesting reads once again

28-Aug-14
That C stands for Corn..LOL. ..

And a this drama has what exactly to do with the topic of this thread??

28-Aug-14
I cant tell if there is 1,2 or three of them fighting, but this is shaping up to be like last January.

Now where's Les when I need him?

Ive been around here for 15 years and do recognize writing styles too....uncanny to say the least.

29-Aug-14
LOL, HOWATTRCRON

02-Sep-14
Yikes Ronny. For a guy who has been here 13 years and never posted to be worried about people looking up his criminal past and then start posting with attacks on everyone, you must have a lot of pent up anger over what people have posted here in the past 13 years. How did you stay silent so long? Must have been tough as heck. Now that people know you have joined again, the mystery of nobody knowing Howatt was at least put to rest. Looks like you hold some ill will towards ELK ELSEWHERE too. I'm going to let this thread get back to normal now. I look forward to seeing all your bashing of others on bowsite. It seems you are the same here as you were on AT and LL.

20-Sep-14
Greetings gentlemen. First thread I read in months and wow, here we go! Not sure about the rest of farm country but it's whitetails unlimited in much of the central farmland. I attended two County Deer Advisory Council meetings this week and was surprised when a majority of the comments (even from hunter reps) were that there were a lot of/too many deer -- and I'd bet both groups will vote for decrease. (Not that much can happen without EAB, but they realize that 70-90 DSM may be a few too many). Anyone else here attend a CDAC meeting as a member of the public, or are part of the group? I was the lone public member at one meeting, and one of a few at the other. Since I'm the only DMAP participant in my county, will be joining the small group at the next meeting as the "DMAP rep" until someone else wants to join/fill the spot.

• Sitka Gear