2014 Deer Regulations
Wisconsin
Contributors to this thread:
10orbetter 09-Aug-14
dbl lung 09-Aug-14
RutNut@work 09-Aug-14
10orbetter 09-Aug-14
09-Aug-14
Just finished reading over the 014 hunting regulations.

Let's call a spade a spade! If you can't read enough English to be able to read the hunting regulations then you should not be issued a license, period. I have a son with a cognitive disability that passed the hunter safety test in 2001 by only one point and was denied a hunting license by the state. Here is a kid that used everything bit of ability God gave him, studied hard and passed. He was born here, is an American Citizen and was denied. He was denied on the basis that the testing Hunter Education Instructor gave him the test helping him to understand the words he had difficulty with. The instructor had him read the questions and answers out loud and helped him when he got stuck on a word. Fact is, the assistance he received was minimal. Yet, if you are Latino, or Asian, you have a special section in the regulations, in your native language, so you can hunt. When this all took place back in 01, I could have made a federal case out of it but took the high road. Since then, he has been able to get a turkey permit under the first time hunter program but never a deer license. If a person can't read the English language, therefore can't fully understand the rules, why should they be given special treatment.

SORRY, I HAD TO VENT BECAUSE IT STILL GETS MY GOAT!

09-Aug-14
Not saying it could not happen but your son passed the test and then was denied a license? I am thinking Id be asking a lot of questions at the DNR office, especially if he received his hunter safety certificate.

As far as the ethnic 'gifts' this country gives immigrants that won't change until we get a group of politicians with guts to change the laws regarding these people.

09-Aug-14
10orbetter, that's odd, as they actually have to give people with disabilities the help they need to be able to succeed on the test.

09-Aug-14
It was Warden Wolf who is retired now. The instructor signed the slip but, the Warden would not sign off on it. At the time, I even went to my state representative Glen Grothman about it and he said there was nothing he could do. The guy is useless as tits on a boar pig. Like I said, we could and possibly still could make a federal case out of it but, decided there was more than one way to skin a cat. Fact is, his civil rights were violated. I have kept his Hunter Safety slip all these years in case I changed my mind. I didn't want the media coverage or for him to be used as a pawn by some politician that was looking to be reelected, so I let it go.

Anyway, seeing the back pages of the 2014 Deer Regulations just irked me.

• Sitka Gear