Ground Shrink 13-Aug-14
Geitz 14-Aug-14
Geitz 14-Aug-14
Screaming Eagle 17-Aug-14
Screaming Eagle 17-Aug-14
Ravenjake 18-Aug-14
Ravenjake 18-Aug-14
13-Aug-14
My 3 year old really wants a bow. I shoot a compound but do not want to get him one at his age. I will get either a long bow or recurve. I have a few ideas but want to hear what has worked for others. So please tell me what you did with your young ones. I am willing to pay for quality if the product is good.

13-Aug-14
At his age get him a nerf bow and arrow. If he plays with it for more than five minutes you may want to consider waiting until he his around at least 8 or 9 and get hum a bow then.

13-Aug-14
I have a switchback with all the fixins for sale for when he grows up! If not I agree with the nerf.

13-Aug-14

Ground Shrink's Link
I disagree with the two posters above. Yes, they have short attention spans but a good cost effective bow is the right choice. I recommend Black Rhino bows for kids. At his age the M35 would be my choice. For 127 dollars you can buy a complete kit. Chuck the owner also offers a buy back program which is outstanding when you want to upgrade to the next bow. If memory serves me he will pay 60% back when you upgrade. Beware they are lethal little long bows which will require 100% adult supervision.

13-Aug-14

Ground Shrink's Link
This link shows the power of these little bows.

14-Aug-14

Geitz's embedded Photo
Geitz's embedded Photo
My youngest son first shot at 2. At three, I have a hard time keeping him from the club. He will shoot and shoot.... He has the Diamond Nuclear Ice.

My oldest son started at 4 and daughter at 6. He has an Infinite Edge and she had to have a Carbon Rose......getting expensive and I seldon get to shoot anymore.

The key for them was Mrs. Geitz starting archery/hunting. One thing we learned is how easy they can get frustrated. If their equipment failed or was not properly set and they were not accurate, they get upset and stop.

My suggestion is to join a local club. Most have youth programs and bows to try. If he/she is interested, get them something good quality and set up specifically for them.

14-Aug-14

Geitz's embedded Photo
Geitz's embedded Photo
My son's 1st robin hood at 8.

17-Aug-14

Screaming Eagle's embedded Photo
Thanks, I got a black rhino long bow for him and he loves it. The draw length is 15 to 18 inches with poundage at 5 to 9 pounds.

17-Aug-14

18-Aug-14

Ravenjake's embedded Photo
Diamond Infinitely Edge! Or Nuclear Ice... Both great starter bows..

18-Aug-14

Diamond Nuclear Ice..

• Sitka Gear