WVM&M 20-Sep-14
WVM&M 20-Sep-14
WV Mountaineer 20-Sep-14
Bennett2012 20-Sep-14
fnshtr 21-Sep-14
wvmule 22-Sep-14
hookman 02-Oct-14
18-Aug-14
I spent most of saturday morning on ATV with Binos around my neck looking for acorns on our lease in northern fayette county and nearly every white oak and red oak on the south facing ridge sides where loaded with nuts,,, white oaks are loaded at my school in raleigh county as well.... whats it like around where you guys are hunting??

18-Aug-14
The ridge my cabin is on in Pocahontas Co. is loaded. with red, white, and pin oak. Also lots of white oak in Bath Co. Va. along the state line. The places I hunt in Mercer Co. seem to have a good number acorns.

18-Aug-14
I found a tiny bit of white oak in Mingo County. I have not checked the trees here in the Richwood area.

18-Aug-14
Loaded in Pendleton county also.

18-Aug-14
I know the red oaks on my place was loaded heavy last I looked but the white oak was lookin pretty thin hoping I was just blind that day

18-Aug-14
white oaks loaded in Wood county

18-Aug-14
Loaded every where I've been in southern WV. God Bless

19-Aug-14
Starting to see a few acorns falling here in Mason county. We really need a good mast this year.

19-Aug-14
I saw deer eating acorns ths past weekend that were falling. I even saw 2 nice bucks.

31-Aug-14
Checked today, Found some with some already dropping. One older tree was pretty heavy. Others not so much.

31-Aug-14
At my daughters property in Marion county white oak mast plentiful

31-Aug-14
I saw a nice 6 point today at my cabin today eating acorns. Imma kill him. It's on. Lol

20-Sep-14
It was raining acorns this morning. All are plentiful but the chestnut oaks are unbelievable this year in pleasants county. Trail camera pics in food plots are way down this past week

20-Sep-14
Btw...2014 mast report is available on wvdnr website

20-Sep-14
I was able to visit my property on Peters Mountain Wednesday. It appears that both the Red Oak and White Oak have bared a sizable amount of good acorns. Good crop on the North side to the fields all the way up and including the top of the Mountain. Didn't walk any of the South face. Lots still hanging too that are still green. Looks to be good hunting to come.

No Red Oak acorns at all on the Mill Point end of the Cranberry. No beech either. Since there are no White Oak trees up there to report on, that's a bust too. Some cherry the bears have killed and about cleaned up and, a literal hand full of crab apples around the glades. First place I've been that didn't offer varieties of food. Gheez, it would be nice to hunt one more year in there where a deer count couldn't be completed on one hand. Anyways, just putting this info out there for anyone who could use it. God Bless

20-Sep-14
White oak around here didn't do bad could be better reds done pretty decent but the chestnut oaks are everywhere and huge but all the reading I have done is a hit or miss on the chestnut some say deer will eat and some say they won't fixin to find out

21-Sep-14
Southern Wood County around my place is LOADED with HUGE white oak acorns. They are falling as I have been squirrel hunting...

Persimmons loaded also. Hard and soft mast did great here.

22-Sep-14
Regarding chestnut oaks. We are having them drop in big numbers on our lease right now. They fell like that a couple years ago and the deer did not eat them until late November and December. Once they started eating them they hit them hard.

02-Oct-14
Acorns everywhere I've been here in Mason county. Deer are tearing them up and squirrels are everywhere. It looks like hogs around the white oaks. Best it has been here for a few years.

• Sitka Gear