spike78 20-Aug-14
spike78 20-Aug-14
bb 20-Aug-14
spike78 21-Aug-14
Fess613 22-Aug-14
18-Aug-14

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
So I put out a bear cam in MA loaded with food. I went to check it and every bit was gone but my cam shut down after day one. I have some nice mud in front of the cam with all kinds of tracks in it. I also had fresh bear poop as well. I walk over to where the food was and noticed this track. Im pissed cuz of the cam as I am not sure of the track. It can only be one of two things in my mind. It measures at least 3 inches across and shows four toes and no claws. The first thing that came to mind was mountain lion. The second was a bear that didnt have the entire foot register in the mud. What do you guys think. Turn your head sideways so you can see the track.

18-Aug-14

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
Front bear paw for comparison

18-Aug-14
looks like a three toed sloth,.yes deffinetly a sloth.

18-Aug-14
I would have no way of knowing that was a track of anything, had you not said it was.

18-Aug-14
3" too small for mountain lion. Probably bobcat.

19-Aug-14
somebody walking on there hands ? LOL

19-Aug-14
Im going to check cam today and will take a better pic, measure it, and put a battery next to it if its still there. I believe its actually over 3 inches wide and if so that would be one hell of a bobcat. bb, you will notice toes on the left side and pad on the right. I thought it was a pretty good pic.

19-Aug-14
Yeah I can kind of see what would be toes but I can't tell anything else from the picture. See if you can find another similar print.

20-Aug-14
Checked the cam today and the verdict is in, bear cub. I wouldnt shoot the sow but you gotta love your food being hit only seven hours after putting it out.

20-Aug-14
Are you able to hunt them there?

20-Aug-14
Chuppacabbra, gotta be one this time!!!

20-Aug-14
big foots son "littlefoot"

20-Aug-14
bb, are you saying hunt bear here or hunt sows with cubs? The answer is yes on both but I wouldnt be able to leave cubs without the sow, in that area they wouldnt last long. Im surprised that in liberal MA that we are able to shoot the sow. I couldnt imagine dragging a sow with two thirty pound cubs following me with mom. I wouldnt be able to sleep after that.

20-Aug-14
Ha guys, I wonder what i will get on cam first? A montainlion, bigfoot, or a chup? Im a believer in the lions, as ive heard of way too many sightings to discount it.

20-Aug-14
I meant hunt bears in general, had no idea they let you shoot bears with cubs, I've never heard of that before.

21-Aug-14
Yeah bb here in MA we have a bear season and a good population but its not easy when baitings illegal. I have till ten days before season to stop putting feed in front of the cam. Im excited as the spots been consistent with quick results each time i put the food out.

22-Aug-14
Squatch

• Sitka Gear