Fordriver 21-Aug-14
sportsman500 21-Aug-14
Price Co Hunter 21-Aug-14
Fordriver 21-Aug-14
razorhead 21-Aug-14
Redclub 21-Aug-14
Tomas 21-Aug-14
21-Aug-14
I am looking forward to bowhunting Price county this year. But with wolf and bear numbers at very high levels I am concerned that the deer are having a tough time. Should I be looking at another region of the state or are there still quality deer to be found in Price county?

21-Aug-14
I've owned land in the Winchester area for 5yrs now and there are some nice deer around but you really have to put in lots of time to find them. the good news is there is very little pressure and lots of room to explore. lots of bear but the wolves seem a little less this year but their still a problem. hopefully there will be 1 less this year, I just got my wolf tag yesterday

21-Aug-14
It would be best to look at another region of the state. The deer herd has been low in Price county for a number of years now. Your time would be much better spent in the central and southern areas of the state, like Waupaca county.

21-Aug-14
Thanks for the replies. I don't expect big numbers, just a chance at something other than a yr. and half old deer.

21-Aug-14
I think Central Wis is going to see alot of hunters, I hope everyone goes to Waupaca Co, h ah ha ha.....

Anything north of Hwy 8 is going to be tough, you need to be able to hunt alot, or have some prime land.....

21-Aug-14
I have hunted Price Co. (rifle) since "62" and just love it. Yep the deer are way down but still enough to hunt. I hunt public land. Now I live and archery hunt in Waupaca Co Tons of deer there but you better own land or pay a large price to lease. Price Co. in the rut can be very good.

21-Aug-14
I've been out berry picking and just looking around a bit. When ever I come across a deer track there always seems to be a wolf track next to it. Last year was a little disappointing with the low deer sightings, this will be the same. None the less I like the wilderness of the North and the challenge of the big woods.

• Sitka Gear