Vermont
Contributors to this thread:
greenmountain 21-Aug-14
DT 22-Aug-14
bigbuck 24-Aug-14
Steve Leffler 09-Sep-14
VTslinger 11-Sep-14
21-Aug-14
With bear sitings on the upswing who here would take one while deer hunting? Why? Why not? I have pulled back my bow at bears in years past but I didn't release the arrow because I really didn't want to eat it. I will be honest I was undecided until the bear became a no shot target.

22-Aug-14
I have shot one bear, in Maine and to be honest I wasnt impressed at all with the meat. I have vowed I wouldnt take another but if an absolute monster showed up, I dont know, I might consider it.

24-Aug-14
Was out for a few mile hike this am ,saw alot of bear sign in the berries ,they are hitting them hard!!I have had several opportunity's to take bears while bowhunting for deer I but have never taken the shot most of them where sows with cubs and its just not that important to me to take a bear given the perfect shot a big boar I may take the shot.I don't think I would ever shoot one with the rifle though,

09-Sep-14

Steve Leffler's embedded Photo
Steve Leffler's embedded Photo
This guy looks like a good sized bear to me. He has been a regular on my cams. I think I woud take him if I get a good chance.

11-Sep-14
I've had a few chances during the first part if rifle season to take a bear but never wanted to pull the trigger. I always felt like I would only take one with a bow. The areas I typically bow hunt in aren't in bear territory but if the opportunity presented itself I might be tempted. Of course now it will cost $5 for an early tag so the bears might be safe.

• Sitka Gear