CTCrow 25-Aug-14
notme 25-Aug-14
Captain Art 26-Aug-14
jax2009r 26-Aug-14
Onthehunt 26-Aug-14
yukon roz 27-Aug-14
bigbuckbob 27-Aug-14
22-Aug-14
So I'm relocating to a new place and have had cameras out for a while. Some nice bucks and decent numbers of deer on a property hat has never been hunted. Only problem is that a house is being built on site starting Sept 1st. This includes 1 acre lot clearing and all work to build a house. The deer route I have them are about 75 yrds from the build area. Is it even worth hunting the area?

22-Aug-14
How many acres do you have to hunt in this new area?

And I would hunt it. But only until the morning activity starts. Same in the afternoon....hunt after they finish work. But if you have lots of acreage go hunt deeper in.

22-Aug-14
If it starts September 1st u will have two weeks of camera activity to see if it bothers them or not. My experience is that it probably changes their times a little but they will get used to it. Prob ok to hunt mornings early catch them first light or late afternoon last shooting hour .

23-Aug-14
I agree with rob being a builder I've seen this many times and by the time we would roll up on the job site for 7:00am deer would be there then scatter after a whole they would just stare us down till we got out of the truck they will still be around just go early and late

25-Aug-14
I have a guy 2 properties up from toyland that's killing me..been doing excavation work on his property at all hours on week ends and when he gets home from work for 3 months now..sightings are way down and most of the pics I have are at night..i hope he stops soon but I agree with rob and hearshot..once they get used to the compressor and nail guns itll be no problem.. I used to hold back the safety on the nail guns and take a shot at deer

25-Aug-14
Did you nail them?

25-Aug-14
lmao,.shouldve used a framing gun not a roofing one

26-Aug-14
I had a similar situation and the deer moved down the trail even with construction going on. Had a group of four walk by and got one.

26-Aug-14
logging does not bother them too much....

26-Aug-14
Site clearing starts Thursday. About 1.5 acre cleared. Stand was placed about 75 yrds from site clearing. From there all the other stuff. Excavation foundation etc.

27-Aug-14
In my experience deer come to chainsaw noise.They get to eat the tips of branches that were out of reach .when I cleared my building lot deer were in the piles of branches every night.When driving in they didn't want to leave they wouldn't move till the truck doors openned.

27-Aug-14
I'm taking my chainsaw in the woods this year. Do I use it with the grunt call or by itself :)

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• Sitka Gear