happygolucky 26-Aug-14
dbl lung 03-Sep-14
Doug 03-Sep-14
thesquid 03-Sep-14
Doug 04-Sep-14
happygolucky 04-Sep-14
Doug 04-Sep-14
23-Aug-14
Last year there was a thread about lighted nocks. There was a clear choice many members chose and it wasn't luminock. Ive google searched but couldnt find it. Does anyone remember which nock performed the best?? Thanks again.

23-Aug-14
I love lighted nocks, would not hunt without them, they are just plain FUN........ I use them out both my recurve and compound......

I use Nocturnals. They are packaged to fit various shafts, and are marked on the package. They work great, and you shut them off, but simply taking something with a point on it, and push in the small opening.......

I lit one, and we left it on, got 32 hours out of it...... I helped recover a deer, by finding the faded light of one, for another hunter I met in the woods. Once we found the arrow, we picked up a small blood trail and 4 hours later, we found his deer.

The guy thanked me for the help, it was a tough tracking job, but he got his 8 pointer........

I must say I never had problems with Luminocks, but the Nocturnals were easier to buy at the local shops.

I see advertized their are another brand out, but all in all, I like them......

P%Y approved now also

23-Aug-14
It is funny this thread comes up again. I purchased a couple Nocturnal nocks last year and have not shot them yet. They came highly recommended by just about everyone eye know. I am wondering if they will through my sites off when I start to practice again though. They are heavier then conventional nocks so one would think there would be a change.

23-Aug-14
This is the first time I've used them. Bought the ones from www.clean-shot.com, the nock outs. The are the only ones I found that you can shoot with them in your shaft all the time and turn them off and on when you want them to with the rotating bushing. The first package of 3 I got weren't assembled to well, but they replaced them right away and I haven't had any issues with them other than the bushing be a bit stiff.

23-Aug-14
If you use the S style or gold tip arrows give the afterburn nocks a try. It based on the same style that nockturnal uses but at a much better price and they are very durable.

You can see some abuse testing on their site. prohuntersights.com

Plus its a WI based and made product :)

24-Aug-14
I like the Tracer Nocks that use a magnet to light them up and shut them off. I've never had one not light up and the magnet doesn't get in the way at all. I also like that they come with practice nocks that weigh the same as the lighted nocks. I never cared for LumiNocks that needed to be pulled out a little to shut them off. I've heard good about the Nacturnals but since I now have so many practice Tracer Nocks I won't be changing anytime soon.

25-Aug-14
Nocturnals are nice.

Luminocks were not so good and pretty much sucked

25-Aug-14
Firenocks but they are not cheap

26-Aug-14
I used Luminocks and they were very inconsistent. I put Nockturnals on my son's arrows and they worked well. I have switched to Nockturnals.

03-Sep-14
The lighted nocks shot the same or maybe a bit higher believe it or not. Im dialed in and ready now.

03-Sep-14
If you like the nockturnals do yourself and wallet a favor and try the afterburn nocks if you shoot the S or GT size. The are similar in design but brighter and you can find them for 16.99 for a 3 pack.

I push them because I have friends that use them with great success and they are a family owned local company in my community that stand behind a product.

03-Sep-14
I just got a three pack of LumiNocks, I find that I need a pliers to pull them out to turn them off. They shoot well and are very bright - I see no difference in arrow flight or where they hit the target. I shoot 2219's - 32" at 72# - 20 yards. I'll have to get a pack of those Afterburn or Nockturnals now, I hope I can do without a pliers on these.

04-Sep-14
Squid you will not need a pliers but you will need a toothpick type tool to deactivate thru a side hole in the nock.

04-Sep-14
Doug, the Nockturnals need a toothpick like tool. Lumenocks have to be pulled partly out to deactivate. I had many shots not activate with Lumenocks.

04-Sep-14
Yes the afterburn are like nocturnals. Sorry I did not clarify what nock I was referring to.

• Sitka Gear