West Virginia
Contributors to this thread:
babysaph 24-Aug-14
Turk 24-Aug-14
Ron Miller 24-Aug-14
Jim Casto Jr 24-Aug-14
babysaph 24-Aug-14
24-Aug-14
Any of you guys use mules to get into rugged areas?

24-Aug-14
I have Once. The one that I rode was very sure footed. The side of the trail that we were on gave way and we started sliding down the hillside. I got as low on him as I could and held on with all that I had. He eventually got his back legs under himself and started peddling as fast as he could. It seemed like forever that we were sliding in the same spot until he slowly started gaining ground and eventually made it back up to the trail. I'll never forget that ride!

24-Aug-14
I started trapping coyotes last Fall. I loaded my stuff, traps, gear, dirt, that kind of stuff on a pack frame and lugged it up and down and around. Did that for 2 months and like to broke myself down. I talked with a friend that said I got what you need, I said "whats that" he said I got a mule. I said a mule ??? He said yeah, why don't you come and borrow her, she will go any where you want to go and some of the places you don't want or need to go. She ain't very fast but she is dependable and wont fail you. I'm telling you that after a month I said " I gotta have my own mule !" I still can't believe it but I went to the Harley Shop and bought my own Kawasaki Mule" best investment I made last year, She is blue and black-----N I LOVE HER ! Course I gotta feed her in the morning, but at night I can put her away wet. The best thing of all is this, I don't have to shovel any SHOOT !!

God Bless------>Ron Miller

24-Aug-14
I didn't think there were any mules left in the country. Uncle Sam darn near sent all of them to Afghanistan during their war with Russia.

24-Aug-14
I hsve a friend that uses one on the national forest. I have been on them a lot out west. Ima have one. Nice and quiet.

• Sitka Gear