Redclub 25-Aug-14
Huntcell 26-Aug-14
Huntcell 26-Aug-14
Huntcell 26-Aug-14
arpy00 26-Aug-14
raspy old hen 27-Aug-14
Buck Watcher 27-Aug-14
25-Aug-14
Could have been the heat, or just my imagination...but I thought I saw a Cougar this weekend on the land I hunt on. I do have several cameras out..no Cougars photos on them. So, I was just curious...have any of you seen or have evidence of a Cougar in Wisconsin. I am located in Western Wisconsin...near the LaCrosse/Monroe county lines.

25-Aug-14
I am hunting in Vernon Co, near Ontario WI. the land owner warned me to be careful when walking in the dark. He claims to have seen a cougar on 2 separate occasions. I too have cameras out with no cougar pics.

25-Aug-14
Yes there are some cougars in the state but it's a VERY small number and they're usually young males wondering through. People will say they see them all the time but I believe over 99% of the sightings are a case of mistaken identity.

25-Aug-14
Yes, they have been on trail cameras but I have never seen one!

About 7 years ago the wife claimed to have seen one and there was fresh powdery tracking snow - so I thought she was nutz!

I drove out and sure enough, you could see where a BIG something ran across the road and the snow was powder and left no identifying tracks.

Everytime thereafter, when a show would be on TV with a cougar "There...that's what I saw" she'd say!!

Wasnt too long after the WDNR confirmed sightings and photo's in the State - I think they even tranquilized one if I remember correctly - could not have - dont remember.

She see's bobcats pretty often.Called me just the other day - bobcat crossed the road in front of her just passed the house - damn, never seen one in the wild.

25-Aug-14
It could be, There are supposed to be some around

26-Aug-14

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Omg. One in my living room !

26-Aug-14
Dang cell phone

26-Aug-14

See if I got it figured out

26-Aug-14
Thanks for the input. I must have seen something else....but I am going to check my cameras (in the daylight) just to be sure!

27-Aug-14
More stories and trail cam photos on cougars in Wisconsin in the Green Bay Press Gazette section: Wisconsin Outdoor fun.

27-Aug-14
Cougar seen the last few years in Oneida County for sure.

• Sitka Gear