Bloodtrail 26-Aug-14
cjb5591 26-Aug-14
steve 26-Aug-14
Cory Valerio 26-Aug-14
steve 26-Aug-14
MGGC 26-Aug-14
Buckndoe 26-Aug-14
26-Aug-14
Who here replaces their own fletchings and what do you use? I use carbon arrows the some of my plastic fletchings are warping and starting to tear off of the arrow.

26-Aug-14
bohning jig blazer vanes. easy enough to change.the heat messes with the vanes sometimes

26-Aug-14
I used to fletch all my own arrows for years. Used the Bitzenburger fletcher with a helical. It worked great on feathers but sometimes had a hard time getting vanes to sit flush on arrow. It takes a lot of time and effort.....but it's nice if you rip one vane and then you can easily replace just that one.

Now I've gone strictly to the NAP Quickspin Quickfletch system. Easy, and it gives a great spin the the arrow in flight for better broadhead groups. I do have to apply glue to parts of the fletches at times....since some of the fletching is not glued on by the manufacturer very well. Downside is that if you rip one vane here you have to replace the whole wrap. But it only takes a few minutes to boil the water and fletch up a dozen arrows.

26-Aug-14
I use the Arizona mini fletching jig, blazers and have good luck with the Bohning gel, although the Loctite stuff works well too. The trick is to put a very thin trickle of glue on the vane. Some guys put a drop at the very end where the front of the vane meets the shaft, some do the back end too. I haven't been doing this and so far my fletching is holding up pretty well.

26-Aug-14
I do I use a Bitzenburger are you shooting thru a whisker biscuit ?

26-Aug-14
Yes I shoot through a whisker biscuit.

26-Aug-14
there known to be bad on fletching I think blazer vanes held up the best .

26-Aug-14
Bitzenburger jig, Easton diamond vanes ,fmj shafts, shoot whisker biscuit and never have problems .

26-Aug-14
Bitz jig, blazer vanes on carbon, Easton glue. Super strong.

• Sitka Gear