Bennett2012 27-Aug-14
gobbler 27-Aug-14
Bennett2012 27-Aug-14
Ron Miller 27-Aug-14
ken 28-Aug-14
sundaynwv 29-Aug-14
babysaph 29-Aug-14
27-Aug-14
Mcdowell 80 Wyoming 67 Logan 51 Kanawha 30 Jackson 16 Mingo 15 Mercer 9 Putnam 8

Lincoln Mason Raleigh 7 Roane

Cabell Boone 6

Fayette Monongalia Wood 5 Wirt

Harrison 4

Preston Randolph Wayne 3

Braxton Ohio 2

Doddridge, Gilmer, Greenbrier, Hancock, Jefferson, Marshall,Mineral, Ritchie, Summers, Taylor, Tucker, Webster, and Wetzel all have 1.

Goose eggs to Barbour, Berkeley, Brooke, Calhoun, Clay, grant, Hardy, Monroe, Morgan, Pendelton, Pleasants, Pocahonta, and Tyler.

27-Aug-14
good ole Pendleton county LOL. I hunt in Jefferson, Berkeley, Grant and Pendleton county. Now I know why I don't kill any bigguns.

27-Aug-14
I found it interesting that Kanawha and Jackson were both ahead of Mingo.

27-Aug-14
The deer population has been so low, it is just starting to get a few pockets of deer. It's got the least # of deer than any other county.

27-Aug-14
The harvest is sooo low in Mingo that if I had a magic wand i would probably make it buck only. Right after, I put the largest deer in Mingo under my treestand.

27-Aug-14
I suspect that there are more P&Y deer than the records show. I have measured several that the people have chosen not enter.

27-Aug-14
I know of one more that a guy killed in mercer think he said in 2010 maybe he never entered it said gross was 159 what surprised me was Monroe county figured for sure it would have more

27-Aug-14
3 buck limit is what keeps Monroe down.

27-Aug-14
Yeah good point I know I have seen a lot of nice bucks come off pots and peters mountain if they would drop the limit they could be some real giants

27-Aug-14
I sure do miss going to Monroe Co---all my Mother's family is from there. Where I learned to garden, I shot many a rabbit and groundhog out of the garden and around the barn. At that time seeing a deer was a Rarity ! Every now and then I drive down to the family cemetery and visit family that still lives on Grandpa and Grammas home place.

Didn't mean to take over the Thread sundaynwv, just reminiscing about the Good Ol Days !

God bless------>Ron Miller

28-Aug-14
Living in the one of the four bow only counties I would have to say that those numbers on those counties in the four bow counties is very low as to what is actually killed.those numbers reflect either bucks entered in the state big buck contest or that are submitted to pope and young I can tell you for a fact that the local taxidermist here in logan county took in over 30 pope and young bucks in one year his average is in the 20s.

29-Aug-14
I'm sure not all bucks are submitted. Just as not all bucks arrowed are recovered, vehicle kills, etc. etc.

Just putting some info out there.

29-Aug-14
Yea I would say Ken is right. I have never entered an animal in pope and young.

• Sitka Gear