Bloodtrail 28-Aug-14
Paul 28-Aug-14
Gene 28-Aug-14
steve 29-Aug-14
Will 29-Aug-14
notme 29-Aug-14
28-Aug-14
I will start with pantyhose attack:

Wear pantyhose under your shorts or pants to prevent bites and stings by chiggers or any insects. You can also wear them in the water to protect from jellyfish stings and leaches.

Also, cut the feet off of a pair of pantyhose at the ankles and wear them under your socks. They will help cut down on the friction between your shoe and your foot, thus reducing the risk of blisters.

Source: http://www.survivalworld.com/

28-Aug-14
Wood ashes are a great source for mineral-rich dust that has a lot of practical uses in a survival situation. For most cases it is important to note that the wood ash you use must not contain residue from plastic, food, or other trash that was burned in the fire. These substances can be toxic.

De-skunk - a handful of wood ashes rubbed into your hair neutralizes the lingering odor.

Make Soap - ash is a great soap as strange as it may sound. Mix with water to make a paste, scrub, and rinse clean with water. Of course like any soap avoid your eyes.

Ice/Snow Melting - you can use cold wood ashes as an anti/de-icing agent

Slug Repellant - if you find yourself in a moist area, you can sprinkle wood ashes around your resting area to deter slugs

Cleaning - you can clean your gear and cooking supplies with a mixture of wood ashes and water.

Source: http://www.survivalworld.com/

28-Aug-14
I'll opt for the bug bites over wearing pantyhose haha

28-Aug-14
ahhhhhh,that explains the strange looks when i was wearing them on my head...lol

28-Aug-14
Do they work for ticks ? That could the state 900,000 in grants /LOL

28-Aug-14
Notme,

that would explain why you don't get bugbites on your legs when you go to NYC Saturday nights. I've seen you in the train.

28-Aug-14
People, nobody will see you in the woods. Some of you change on location, so you strip down to underwear but you are afraid of pantyhose. Plus it will bring you closer to your feminine side, LOL.

@Steve: Great marketing idea. Ticks eliminated by pantyhose wearing hunters and deer united. This has to be more humane and much cheaper than WB stint state is currently entertaining.

28-Aug-14
nope crow , on my head nobody sits near me therefore no catching of things ..ewwww..lol

28-Aug-14

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo

CTCrow's Link
Nothing wrong with wearing your mantyhose. I'm looking for the real tree mantyhose if you see them around.

LOOK! its got a pocket for your thermacell!!!

28-Aug-14
LMFAO..no comment..lol

28-Aug-14
I wear bugskinz. Never been bit by a tick while hunting with them going on ten years now.

28-Aug-14
I've never gotten bug bites, jelly fish stings or leeches under my pants. I don't see the need. And with the great materials for socks and boots....again, I don't see the need for pantyhose.

But I do have a simple trick/tip to add to this thread for the upcoming season....make sure your broadheads are scary sharp, they hit exactly where you're field points are hitting and you kill a nice one.

Good luck everyone.

28-Aug-14
Might try them under my waders in the duck blind , my buddy's find out I'll be swimming home! Crow don't know we're find this stuff but thanks for the laugh

28-Aug-14
What the hell has happened to Bowsite!!!!!!!!

29-Aug-14
CROW they look a little small .

29-Aug-14
Well, I can officially say "I've seen it all" now!

29-Aug-14
no will , youve seen it all when crow be sportn his camo mantyhose..be careful of the warm beverage container too..lol

• Sitka Gear