SixLomaz 28-Aug-14
notme 28-Aug-14
Wild Bill 28-Aug-14
grizzlyadam 28-Aug-14
steve 29-Aug-14
bb 29-Aug-14
28-Aug-14

Onthehunt's Link
Few quick thoughts, deer can not jump a string if shot is less then 20 yards. Between 30&40 yards every deer will be able to jump sting. Also you dont get much extra benefit with respect to a deer jumping the string with a faster bow.IMHO

28-Aug-14
Indeed interesting.

28-Aug-14
Deer can not jump a string if shot less than 20 yards. On paper maybe, but in the real world they can, will, and do. Too many variables and unknowns to take that little write up all that seriously.

28-Aug-14
Movement detection is part of the equation and it was left out. The deer are faster than .25 second reaction time.

28-Aug-14
I had one duck at 16 from a ground blind ,but he was also very jittery coming in.

28-Aug-14
"So what does all this mean to a bow hunter? First if you want to limit the chance of having a deer jump your string during a shot, keep your shots under 25 Yards. I know many of you will think, “Well I will just aim a little low at distances beyond 25 yards then.” Okay, but do you really know what that deer is going to do? Is it going to drop, turn or simply do nothing? You don’t know. So if you keep your shots under 25 yards you will eliminate that variable."

He doesn't say they can not, Onthehunt said it. He said,"limit the chance". By using the words "limit" and "chance", he is speculating the arrow will get to the deer before it can react. Unless the arrow is traveling faster than the speed of sound. The deer has a "chance". And most deer I've seen react somehow. I recall Chuck Adams stating that longer shots reduce the volume of bow noise and may work to the hunters advantage.

I take close shots with my recurve and it is less noisy than a compound. Slower admittedly, but I aim for the deer dropping in place at the sound of my bow.

Speed sells bows.

28-Aug-14
Agreed Bill! Speed sells bows.

Body language dictates what the deer is gong to do before the shot. Knowing that is part of being successful when shooting at live animals. It comes mostly with experience not so much a band aid bow setup that someone has been sold on in an attempt to alleviate a variable. I don't agree with the "you don't know" what the deer is gong to do.

Fast negates penetration in an attempt to make up for an unanticipated reaction to the shot . If they stand still and you hit em good, great. If you hit em not so good than the speed someone thought would help actually puts them at a disadvantage.

I like arrow penetratski mixed with a little body language observski to help guide the shaft to the glory hole.

29-Aug-14
I can't remember a deer dropping on me .If the deer is alert I don't shoot till it relaxes, most of my shots are 20 and under though.

29-Aug-14
A couple of things thing I have observed over the years, is body language is very important consideration regarding the likelihood of a deer jumping a string. I have also noticed that they are more apt to react to the sound of a string at close range opposed to longer range when relaxed. if they are on edge it doesn't really matter the distance.

• Sitka Gear