Mike F 04-Dec-14
Novemberforever 04-Dec-14
Naz 04-Dec-14
RutNut 04-Dec-14
huntperch 04-Dec-14
Pete-pec 04-Dec-14
RutNut@work 05-Dec-14
31-Aug-14
Anyone else chosen for the electronic deer registration pilot? I was chosen to test the online or phone in system that is happening next year. I get to use the advantage this year. Cannot be any more difficult than a turkey or a goose I would imagine. Still not sure hunting a CWD unit if registering a doe or buck for that matter would have to be done in person or not? When I register a deer now, I have to point out the property on the map so they gather accurate data, if by chance I shoot a deer (that gets tested), and indeed has CWD. It reads that CWD testing is still available, but it isn't clear whether it is mandatory?

I guess I need to make a call on Tuesday?

31-Aug-14
I was chosen also, guess we are special.

31-Aug-14
How do you know you got chosen. Does the DNR notify you by mail or email? I got an email that said they are doing it but nothing further. I sure will welcome that so i don't have to load another deer on the back of my motorcycle again.

31-Aug-14
LOL GVS. I remember that picture.....believe it was a Goldwing if memory serves me?

It was a letter in the mail.

01-Sep-14
OK, no letter here and yes it is a wing. I'll find another way to get it to Gordy's if I am faced with that "problem" again.

02-Sep-14
Yep Got letter today.

02-Sep-14
I see that starting this year we are required to register deer by 5:00 pm of the following day. That could put some in a bind if the local registration station is closed on that day. It won't be a big issue next year when online registration is in place for everyone.

04-Sep-14
I got the letter this week too. I hope this works out. Usually I had no problem registering and liked going to a station but there have been a few times the station was closed. Once was New Years day.

05-Sep-14
I got my letter today, i'm excited about this and hope all goes well

05-Sep-14
I was selected too, a bit surprised as I'm a non-resident. I mainly hunt in MD which has had remote check-in for about 5 years now, it works really well and is very convenient.

06-Sep-14
Me to,,, now if we just had some deer up here.

07-Sep-14
My Son, an NR, was also selected. My guess is many are being "selected"

07-Sep-14
It sounded like they wanted 200 representatives from each county. And to be considered you had to register a deer consecutively in the past 8 years. Not sure if that applied to NRs. Maybe it wasn't was many years for them.

07-Sep-14
He has for 10 years, same with his cousin who was also selected.

07-Sep-14
I as well was selected to take part in the pilot! Should be interesting!

09-Sep-14
Received my letter in the mail the other day.

11-Sep-14
I got chosen too. I think it's a good idea. We use this in Arkansas with no trouble and here with turkey and I hear nothing in the trouble area with it so far.

10-Nov-14
I got to phone in my registration on my buck last week and it went smooth. I answered the automated questions and at the end got a confirmation number which I wrote on the tag and done! I was in a remote camp and had it warmed up I simply could have butchered the deer right then. Made what can be a pain in the #%% a very nice convenience, good move dnr.

10-Nov-14
I unfortunately forgot my letter both times I was up hunting and didn't get to use the system for my doe or buck. Will try to remember it for the gun season.

14-Nov-14
I used the on line registration twice this year and it worked fine. I believe it's here to stay.

15-Nov-14
Squid, I will have some feedback. I used it as well. Two things that I think need improvement. First off, I did mine over the phone, knowing that this would probably be the most difficult application versus online. I've registered plenty of turkeys online, so I know that sytem is great. However, the phone wasn't perfect. The part where it gives you a confirmation number is a pretty large number with letters and digits. It asks would you like this repeated? Yes, again it repeats the number. Would you like it repeated? Yes again, because I wanted to verify it was indeed correct. Do you want it repeated? No. Do you want it repeated? No. Instead of repeating this same line, followed with a no, it should say thank you, this transaction is complete, so you know your done? I hung up, and wasn't quite sure? Secondly, that green license you are supposed to write your confirmation number on, does not take a pen very well. I suggest a sharpie for this. It did however beat the hell out of driving it to the bait shop. I didn't need bait, so I probably wouldn't have purchased anything anyway.

I do hunt in a CWD zone, and did not get it tested. We have eaten some of it without results. I do have a migraine and a twitch I can't seem to shake though? LOL

16-Nov-14
Pete, I didn't use the phone but the on line works great. As far as writing on the green tag I had no trouble. I think the phone might be somewhat hard as for me I have a problem hearing - this could be a bad point.

04-Dec-14
#SMH@howdoyoukeepitupwithyour16personalitiessybil?

04-Dec-14
Every deer that I shot traveled to the registration station. I drive by one every day that I hunt. No issues with filling out the slip, putting the tag on or giving them a little business while I was there.

04-Dec-14
2 of our hunters were in the pilot program this year it worked great after an all day sit, drag, gut it was sure nice to hang it and be done also nice not having locals looking in the truck bed love it

04-Dec-14
Pete, pretty funny isn't it? When I look back at some of the old threads copied to hard drive for reference (some good stuff in between the drivel), the words are almost identical. An easy spot. Ironically just found one thread (bait food for thought) where he said — almost three years prior to his bust — that those shooting illegal deer should have their guns taken, receive a minimum $2,500 fine and three years loss of hunt privileges! Guess he got off pretty easy even by his own standards.

04-Dec-14
So once this goes online for all, does that mean we can quarter deer in the woods if registered first?

04-Dec-14
Actually I thought you already could as of a year or two ago

04-Dec-14
#simpletonispatheticandobviouslylonely

05-Dec-14
I thought you could only basically half it with the law the way it is now?

• Sitka Gear