RUGER1022 01-Sep-14
RutNut@work 01-Sep-14
10orbetter 01-Sep-14
TrapperJack 02-Sep-14
Bloodtrail 02-Sep-14
Redclub 02-Sep-14
RUGER1022 04-Sep-14
01-Sep-14
Spent sun morning cleaning up last years shooting lanes in the woods and swanps ( Lincoln cty) .

Skeeters, flys, and gnats were the worst in 10 years.There was 6 inches of water in spots that have been dry for 15 years.could be a real fun opening weekend :-)

01-Sep-14
Very wet out. I got a call this morning from a buddy that had buried his Polaris Ranger, he couldn't even winch it out. When I got to him he was stuck in a spot where it's never soft. It took my four wheeler, a Hi-lift jack and 3 hours to get him out. We really got pounded by the gnats while doing this.

01-Sep-14
Not a bug north of 64. No deer either. Did not see one the entire weekend.

02-Sep-14
Went and baited for the last time this morning knowing the hunt starts tomorrow. In Portage Co. the past 10 days we have had a huge amount of rain. The swamps that once you could walk with tennis shoes now need knee high boots. Water in spots that I have nor seen in years. Good news is there were no ticks and few deer flies and mosquito's to be found. But any warm weather might bring out a new hatch of both.

02-Sep-14
Trapper - Experencing the same as you!

02-Sep-14
Same here in Waupaca,lots of mosquitos lately but very few other bugs,Water is bad, lost most of my Brassicas

04-Sep-14
3 more inches of rain with more on the way. I guess its time to start shooting from a Kayak. Geez.

• Sitka Gear