CGBowhunter 09-Sep-14
Bennett2012 09-Sep-14
gobbler 09-Sep-14
WVM&M 09-Sep-14
bubbastump 10-Sep-14
04-Sep-14

CGBowhunter's embedded Photo
To those who do not believe in passing on smaller bucks because someone else will just shoot it. Well we have been a little more selective the last 2 years and look at what we are seeing this year in the eastern panhandle

P.s. sorry the title was supposed to be "passing"

04-Sep-14
not only have we been passing on small bucks, I've been hinge cutting bedding areas and staying out of them all fall hoping surrounding hunting pressures them onto my farm and they stay there through the season

04-Sep-14
"Let him go so he can grow" is not just a slogan, it actually works.

05-Sep-14
Those kinda deer only grow in the bow hunting only counties according to most here. Just sayin'... God Bless

05-Sep-14

I wish jefferson and berkeley county were bow only, But I am glad we have deer like this. And just to show he is not a fluke. Here is a pic of another one

05-Sep-14
They is some like that in mercer co few and far between but I have seen em just wish more people around here would get the same concept to let em grow would be a lot more rewarding in a matter of time but NOOOOOOO every jack leg round here has the motto if it's brown it's down bunch of &$)?!",.!!!!!!!!

06-Sep-14
I agree about letting em grow but it won't happen in wv. We have hashed it out before.

06-Sep-14
Looks like it's working some in the eastern panhandle. Not 150 bucks, but good solid bucks for WV

07-Sep-14
Babysaph. Hate to tell you. But it is working in WV. Will everyone do it, of course not. But it starts one person at a time. I am not in a ag area. We have a couple cattle and hay farms around. But we talk with the other hunters we run into in our area and after just 2 years of being selective, we are seeing this level of improvement. It can and is working in WV. You just have to be willing to do it and stop making exuses or blaming others. It starts with each one of us.

07-Sep-14
When is it goin to start working for me? Only thin that's been took off my place the last 3 years is slick heads haven't seen any improvement at all

07-Sep-14
I am not making excuses but that buck would have been shot by one of the good ole boys in Pendleton county where I hunt., I guarantee that.,I would like to see it be mandatory myself.

08-Sep-14
Tired of hearing " if I don't, someone else will" that just means 2 young bucks are harvested, instead of one. Pass on the young ones and harvest some does. Support this and you will find others will start to follow

08-Sep-14
I honestly don't think it will work unless it is mandated. JMO.

08-Sep-14
Maybe not, but we are trying to get the word out, not be a negative nanny and we are seeing better quality in our area.

08-Sep-14
The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I was laughed at when I brought up Sunday hunting. Good thing I didn't listen. Change does start with one.

08-Sep-14
That first deer is in the lower 140's as an eight point. Heck of a deer and one you'll look long and hard to beat in any county or state in this nation. 150's aren't common anywhere. If you get your restrictions you'll find that out in a real hurry. God Bless

08-Sep-14
Have took nothing but does the last 3 years on my property had 3 rack bucks last year one tall wide heavy 6 and nice 8 and lil pencil rack 7 and so far 1 small rack 8 on cam some what disappointed but it's early and got several other farms to hunt and know got a good 10 on one just wish I could get a good one here at house for once

09-Sep-14
I agree but I would give that deer one or two more years and what an amazing deer it will be.

09-Sep-14
well lets begin the journey with one step then and get this one buck your done passed. I am all for that.

09-Sep-14
I think the earn your second buck was at least a start in the right direction. Now for the next step.

09-Sep-14
Oh yeah I'm lettin him walk no doubt just makes me sick no one else will

09-Sep-14
Not to take anything away from the 8 but I'm thinking more like 130. I'm just not seeing 140. Still a nice buck

09-Sep-14
Both are nice....I'm thinking the 10 scores as much as the 8. CG, did anyone from your hunting group pass on either of these two last year? If you have pics of these two from last year please share.

10-Sep-14
I been sayin all along but who am I but just a dumb redneck. Worse part is I am not seeing any activity in my area of eastern panhandle. this time last year there were does all over the place day or night. I guess those poachers got em all last year.

• Sitka Gear