Contributors to this thread:
SteelyHead 06-Sep-14
Flatbowdad 16-Sep-14
Elitist Bowhunter 17-Sep-14
Cottonwood88 20-Aug-15
live2hunt88 20-Aug-15
Okiedeerhunter 21-Aug-15
06-Sep-14
Alright guys unfortunately I had to find out for myself how poor Bill's Outdoors archery shop is. The first time in there was OK, I was looking to get string and cables ordered and installed on my diamond bow, I also bought half a dozen Easton arrows. Darren the archery "tech" told me that I would have to order the strings and cables on my own because Bill's is a Mathews dealer. So I ordered VTX strings and cables from Vapor Trail. The second time in I take the string and cables in to be installed. I also bought a Tru Glo sight this time in. Afte everything was installed I shot it at there range in the shop. The first shot the level on the sight came flying off. Darren grabbed my bow and continue to superglue the level back on the sight without even asking if I would like a new sight. This is a $120 sight, not cheap. Also my draw legnth was about 2-3 inches longer than it was before this new string was installed. I had a D loop installed this time when I had just shot off the string before so I figured that was the problem. The tubless peep kept spinning on draw and they were trying to adjust it. They said the Vapor Trail strings are not meant for tubless peep sights which is completely incorrect. The problem was the d loop was installed on the string so tight you could not even spin it to keep it straight with the peep. So after Darren gave me all kinds of attitude saying that my anchor points were way to high on my draw hand I just left. The third time I went in I just wanted the d loop taken off so I could shoot off the string. Darren took the d loop off and he continued to set the knocking point by eye. All I said was don't you use a bow square for that? He grabbed my bow put it in my face and said I'm sick of working on this bow! Take it to a diamond dealer! He also said I haven't bought anything from them. Even though I had bought half dozen arrows and a sight. There archery department is completely unknowledgeable and RUDE.I would not recommended any archer to this place. I don't like my bow setup close I want it perfect . I just moved to Enid and this will be my last experience at Bills Outdoors. Boy did I take my hometown archery shop for granted. Also there was a gentleman in there when I was in that was bringing his arrows back because his inserts were not even glued in! His field points were falling out when he pulled them out of the target.

16-Sep-14
I promise you it was not like that when Bill owned the store. I just go in for the soda's these days. You need to see Karl about the string issues.

17-Sep-14
Went into bills a few times when I was a kid. Now that bowhunting has turned into compound shooting and everyone needs a certified awe mechanic to work in their "bows" all I can say is maybe you should stick with rifle hunting

20-Aug-15
This wasn't bills sporting goods in Claremore? I've gone there for years and only had the best of service.

20-Aug-15
Cottonwood I believe he is talking about a place in Enid. I'm with you, Bills Sporting Goods in Claremore has a really good archery department.

21-Aug-15
I realize that the original post is almost a year old, but I would recommend Shane Teel (yes, he is my son) at Twisted X Bowstrings in Chickasha, Oklahoma for anyone needing bowstrings and/or cables built and/or installed. He also does bow tuning. Check out his Facebook page or his website, for more info.

• Sitka Gear